Disable Menu Button for Creating a World

GreenDimond

GitHub: GreenXenith
IRC: GreenDimond
In-game: GreenDimond

Disable Menu Button for Creating a World

by GreenDimond » Mon Feb 13, 2017 21:07

Hello.
I was wondering if it were possible to disable the 'New' button for creating a new world on the menu (for a subgame).
Also, is there a way to only have one world allowed? So if they try to manually make a new world in the worlds folder, they cannot select it from the list? And only one is shown?
Thanks!
-Green
I am Green. I tend to binge-post. "All of this over a 16x16 representation of a cartoon cat ?!?! what has this world come to..." -TenPlus1, 2017.
Diz mah mods! :D ↑ github.com/minetest/minetest_game/issues/1647#issuecomment-288134572 ↑
Sand Plus - Tac Nayn - Waffles - Coming Soon: Caverealms Plus

MineYoshi

GitHub: MineYosh
IRC: MineYoshi
In-game: Kirby_Retro

Re: Disable Menu Button for Creating a World

by MineYoshi » Mon Feb 13, 2017 23:37

GreenDimond wrote:Hello.
I was wondering if it were possible to disable the 'New' button for creating a new world on the menu (for a subgame).
Also, is there a way to only have one world allowed? So if they try to manually make a new world in the worlds folder, they cannot select it from the list? And only one is shown?
Thanks!
-Green

You can edit the .lua files in "minetest-folder/builtin/mainmenu/".
People talk about freedom of speech, so i'll say that God exists.
Open your eyes!! See The big unicorn conspiracy.!! :D The government has been lying to us about unicorns!!
"I've learned there are three things you don't discuss with people: religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin" - Linus Van Pelt
I'm the Officially 1st ABJist in the world ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

GreenDimond

GitHub: GreenXenith
IRC: GreenDimond
In-game: GreenDimond

Re: Disable Menu Button for Creating a World

by GreenDimond » Tue Feb 14, 2017 18:23

MineYoshi wrote:
GreenDimond wrote:Hello.
Thanks!
-Green

You can edit the .lua files in "minetest-folder/builtin/mainmenu/".

In a subgame. I want to disable the new world button for a subgame.
I am Green. I tend to binge-post. "All of this over a 16x16 representation of a cartoon cat ?!?! what has this world come to..." -TenPlus1, 2017.
Diz mah mods! :D ↑ github.com/minetest/minetest_game/issues/1647#issuecomment-288134572 ↑
Sand Plus - Tac Nayn - Waffles - Coming Soon: Caverealms Plus

Return to Minetest General