Quick move of items in inventory?

echosa

Quick move of items in inventory?

by echosa » Wed Feb 15, 2017 00:15

In Minecraft, I can shift-click items to move them directly into a chest from my inventory, etc. In Minetest, I currently have to manually pick up each item and move it. Is there anything that makes moving items around different inventories easier/faster/better? I'd love it there's built-in ways, but if not, I'll take mod suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

octacian

GitHub: octacian
IRC: octacian
In-game: octacian

Re: Quick move of items in inventory?

by octacian » Wed Feb 15, 2017 02:54

Minetest already has this exact feature. You must be using either a different chest mod or an old version of Minetest. Do you know off hand what version you are using? The above feature was introduced quite a while back, but..
God isn't dead!

My Coolest Mods:
MicroExpansion, Working Computers, Interchangeable Hands

Check out my YouTube channel! (octacian)

echosa

by echosa » Wed Feb 15, 2017 05:36

I'm using default:chests with 0.4.15 (that's the latest, I believe). This has never worked for me. I've tried shift-click, option-click, cmd-click, ctrl-click... I'm on OS X, if that makes a difference. How is it supposed to work? Shift click? If so, then this might be part of a larger problem. Shift seems to be sending two keystrokes. For instance, if I type a colon (which is shift-semicolon) in the console, I'll get a space followed by a colon. That space is the extra keystroke. Discussed and documented here: https://github.com/minetest/minetest/issues/4531

texmex

GitHub: tacotexmex
In-game: texmex

by texmex » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:36

echosa wrote:I'm using default:chests with 0.4.15 (that's the latest, I believe). This has never worked for me. I've tried shift-click, option-click, cmd-click, ctrl-click... I'm on OS X, if that makes a difference. How is it supposed to work? Shift click? If so, then this might be part of a larger problem. Shift seems to be sending two keystrokes. For instance, if I type a colon (which is shift-semicolon) in the console, I'll get a space followed by a colon. That space is the extra keystroke. Discussed and documented here: https://github.com/minetest/minetest/issues/4531

I can confirm these longstanding macOS issues.
• The sneak button is bound to "Left Shift" out of the box. But there's only "Shift" on a Mac, so sneaking doesn't work until you change the binding.
• Changing binding doesn't seem to enable shift+click in inventory still however, which leads me to think that the "Left Shift" is hardcoded in the engine for that action, since it doesn't follow suit.
I spend all my days going down to the mines. Under the ground where the sun never shines. Breaking my back I put heat in your house. I’ve got the roar of a digtron, the breath of a mouse.

Wuzzy

GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:49

Jeez, you're right. Another hardcoded key in Minetest. :-(
Minetest has way too many hardcoded keys.
I'm creating MineClone 2, a Minecraft clone for Minetest.
I made the Help modpack, adding in-game help to Minetest.

texmex

by texmex » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:54

Other shift+clicks in-world works fine once key is rebound however, but perhaps clicks in formspecs are different.
I spend all my days going down to the mines. Under the ground where the sun never shines. Breaking my back I put heat in your house. I’ve got the roar of a digtron, the breath of a mouse.

TenPlus1

GitHub: tenplus1

by TenPlus1 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 20:23

Protector Redo gives you protected chests which have buttons to quickly transfer ALL items to and from player inventory.

viewtopic.php?t=9376

echosa

by echosa » Wed Feb 15, 2017 22:58

I'm really glad I'm not the only one having this issue. Hopefully it gets fixed.

I'll look at Protector Redo, but I'm not really wanting to transfer all items. If the engine could be fixed such that shift-click works on Macs, that would be best.

ShadMOrdre

In-game: shadmordre

by ShadMOrdre » Thu Feb 16, 2017 16:41

Also consider that Unified Inventory does not support Shift+ for moving items through inventory.
My other virtual world is an Opensimulator.

sorcerykid

In-game: Nemo

by sorcerykid » Wed Feb 22, 2017 16:51

On my server I have "Get Items" and "Put Items" buttons in the formspecs of most containers. It makes transferring inventory to and from chests, mailboxes, bookshelves, and bones extremely quick. It's esp. helpful for tablet and phone users.

texmex

by texmex » Wed Feb 22, 2017 17:23

sorcerykid, may we have the code? =)

Return to Minetest General