I cant Get my server on the server list..

Big3Force

In-game: Big3Force

I cant Get my server on the server list..

by Big3Force » Wed Mar 29, 2017 01:55

Hello i added what was suggested at the bottom of the server list..
adjusted my windows firewall..
Still not on list..
any help???

QwertyDragon

GitHub: QwertyDragon
IRC: QwertyDragon
In-game: QwertyDragon LittleBigBunny

Re: I cant Get my server on the server list..

by QwertyDragon » Wed Mar 29, 2017 04:02

Big3Force wrote:Hello i added what was suggested at the bottom of the server list..
adjusted my windows firewall..
Still not on list..
any help???

If Windows firewall means computer then maybe in addition your router firewall needs port 30000 open too.

Linuxdirk

GitHub: dsohler
In-game: Linuxdirk

Re: I cant Get my server on the server list..

by Linuxdirk » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:04

Big3Force wrote:any help???

You computer has to forward the port to the application (acutally it's quite different from that but the result can be described like that). If this is done by configuring it in the "Windows Firewall", thats okay.

Next step is that you need to configure your router to forward the port to your computer. You either need some "smart" setup for that, or you need to define a fixed IP address or hostname-to-IP-address-mapping to allow portforwarding based on either the IP or the hostname. Modern routers have that implemented in a "smart" way (you usually select which PC the port should be forwarded to and the router does all the magic by itself).

After this is done you should set up some kind of DynDNS service (there are plenty, modern routers already have that implemented so you don't need to configure anything on your computer). If this is running, too, make sure to have Minetest configured to use the hostname your DyDNS provider gives you and that the server is set to public.

Now wait.

Return to Minetest General