I am Leaving.

lesliev

by lesliev » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:27

tonyka wrote:I have an idea to help this man, would create a section in the forum for gamers

so, could interact with other members without annoying those who do not feel like to know of them ...

in this section could include posts of all kinds,
For example, I'm doing a tutorial to get the coordinates of node-boxes using 3D software.
I take it for fact, that developers, you know how to do this, therefore is intended for beginners and gamers

Don't miss this badly named topic:
http://minetest.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2333

There is already the start of a tutorial there, and also my very simple program for converting Wings3d .obj files to node box co-ordinates. See: http://pastebin.com/NbGDZe8d

tkerwel

by tkerwel » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:23

@lesliev
Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all

well i agree bad named, but the moment i opened it i could not find a better topic for it.... its okay for me, if a moderator move and/or rename it.....
++++ Kung walang tiyaga, walang nilaga. ++++

tonyka

by tonyka » Tue Jul 17, 2012 19:18

lesliev wrote:
tonyka wrote:I have an idea to help this man, would create a section in the forum for gamers

so, could interact with other members without annoying those who do not feel like to know of them ...

in this section could include posts of all kinds,
For example, I'm doing a tutorial to get the coordinates of node-boxes using 3D software.
I take it for fact, that developers, you know how to do this, therefore is intended for beginners and gamers

There is already the start of a tutorial there, and also my very simple program for converting Wings3d .obj files to node box co-ordinates. See: http://pastebin.com/NbGDZe8d

me as you advance ... : D
the guide I'm doing is a tad the extended (version for Dummies), I also draw on Wings 3D Modeler, when the end will hang on that thread, have someone help me translate from Spanish to English ...

respect to code in Ruby, is a module for Wings 3D? or independent work?
My mod: [MOD]3D Forniture 1.0
Download: 3DForniture_v_1.0.zip
Page development (European Castilian):
Moviliario 3D (proyecto 3D Forniture)

lesliev

by lesliev » Wed Jul 18, 2012 04:20

tkerwel wrote:@lesliev
Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all

well i agree bad named, but the moment i opened it i could not find a better topic for it.... its okay for me, if a moderator move and/or rename it.....

What I mean by "badly named" is that if I was looking for a tutorial on node boxes I would definitely not click that topic! No offense intended!

lesliev

by lesliev » Wed Jul 18, 2012 04:22

tonyka wrote:respect to code in Ruby, is a module for Wings 3D? or independent work?

It is independent, you can run it on its own. But I don't know the .obj format very well, I only made it work according to what Wings3d was outputting. So you may find it only works with .obj files created by Wings3d.

SelFish

by SelFish » Wed Jul 18, 2012 19:12

Yeah... Sad, Jordach!
I forgot about MineTest a while ago, and I'm never on the forums...
I think that I have seen the last of this forum. This community.
Thank you.

Michael Eh?

by Michael Eh? » Thu Sep 13, 2012 20:30

I would just IP ban the group of people you mentioned. Landmine on Gameboom was a complete a$$ with players... forcing them off with lava traps. We don't need jerks like them. They don't contribute and even the slightest peep should be enough for a banned. There is no place for them who get cheap laughs or LOLs out being immature.

Why keep those who spoil the game? No doubt other have just left than say anithing. Players like Landmine kill the game. It's not a win. It's a loss.

Psychotic

by Psychotic » Thu Sep 13, 2012 20:34

I may be new here, but from past experience it always sucks to see a experienced mod/admin leaving a forum/game, although i didnt get the chance to know you, i am sure you are a swell guy
My history isn't revenge, or hate. The road that brought us both here - isn't about that. It's about the message you carried. The one in that package whether you knew it or not. - Ulysses from Lonesome Road

Phitherek_

by Phitherek_ » Thu Sep 13, 2012 21:47

A few things came to my mind while I read this conversation. The first thing - it is not Minetest' s and also not the community' s fault that people like this come to servers and spoil the game of others. It is the fault of these people and playing on public servers. I do not know the scale of the problem myself, because I joined not so long ago and I have only played Single Player game and Multiplayer only on my friend' s private server, where, except of me, there were 2 more people. But I joined this community not only for getting support, but also to support the community myself. Maybe I am not really frequently on the forums but I try to help and contribute. Recently I have started the 3m project, which I hope to be useful for all of you. And it' s not only me that is here for this reason. What I am trying to say is that the community needs people like Jordach, that are contributing and making game even more great and successful. And it' s every person' s contribution that counts. That is what open source software is.
For me, Minetest is all about creation. But not the "creative mode" creation, but you must make an effort to gather resources to create something. And I do not think it passed away and died, it is the other way... Server side mods give it more potential that Minecraft ever had. We just need people with ideas, that will create the mods, texture packs and so on...
On the other hand, I clearly understand what Jordach says about "having other things besides Minetest". It is also my case. I cannot contribute 24/7, and there may be periods, when I will be gone. I may be also gone one day, because I have also a real life and it is important to me. But even if I will be gone, my contributions won' t.
I think that is all. My idea is to create a "Creative Server", but on the normal mode, so that people that want to create things will have a place to do that, but it will depend on their effort - mining resources, processing them and then creating what they want to. And with no place for any fights, just collaboration.
---
Posted by Phitherek_

Jordach

GitHub: Jordach
IRC: Jordach
In-game: Jordach

by Jordach » Fri Sep 14, 2012 07:04

PEOPLE! I HAVE NOT GONE. This is old hat now.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡o ͜ʖ ͡o) [$ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) $] ( ͡$ ͜ʖ ͡$) ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

My image and media server is back online and is functioning as normal.

Previous

Return to Minetest General