Remote admin in Minetest 0.4.3

Newbuntuman

Remote admin in Minetest 0.4.3

by Newbuntuman » Sun Nov 25, 2012 00:02

Hi,
Here a Newbie.

I setup Minetest 0.4.3 with some mods for my kids on a old PC running Lubuntu 12.04
Could anyone tell me if it is possible to remote access Minetest as admin?
I'm Running Ubuntu 12.04 on my regular PC and have set up remote desktop controll between the regular and the PC with Lubuntu.

Pls some advice is welcome!

Nubelite

by Nubelite » Sun Nov 25, 2012 01:49

if you mean logging into the game then yes. give your player account all the privs it needs or put it after name = in the config file and your player account will have admin.

in the worlds folder open auth.txt and put the privs below next to your name, these include privs for some mods.

interact,teleport,settime,bring,basic_privs,password,ban,rollback,shout,fly,server,privs,give

-------------------

for computer wise, you have to remote into the folder or computer to be admin of it just like any other folder on the pc.

Newbuntuman

by Newbuntuman » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:27

Hi Nubelite,

Thnx for your reply!
I'll put the stuff mentioned in the auth.txt.
At the same time, I'm left with questions because when starting minetest server, on that PC, the gui is loaded & I have to login on that remote PC (Lubuntu) with the admin name & passw.
Then, when trying to login from mij Ubuntu PC with a client in multiplayer and trying to use the admin name & passw. I'm not able to login. Does this mean that I'll have to create a 2nd admin player 1 just for local, on the Lubuntu Minetest server & 1 for use when accessing in multiplayer from my Ubuntu machine?

Thnx for your help!

Nubelite

by Nubelite » Thu Nov 29, 2012 05:07

Host the server with command line. I use ubuntu to, you just put the batch file in the bin folder and open that folder in the terminal and run it batch. then logon using your local IP address for that computer with the 30000 port and you should be able to get in from anywhere

http://wiki.minetest.com/wiki/Setting_up_a_server

i doubt you would need port forwarding for inside the network.
Last edited by Nubelite on Thu Nov 29, 2012 05:07, edited 1 time in total.

Return to Minetest General