xyz

by xyz » Thu Nov 17, 2011 13:58

I think it is not the main thing.

sfan5

GitHub: sfan5
IRC: sfan5

by sfan5 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 15:25

I think someone is already working on doors
Last edited by sfan5 on Thu Nov 17, 2011 15:26, edited 1 time in total.
Mods: Mesecons | WorldEdit | Nuke
Minetest builds for Windows (32-bit & 64-bit)

Staffs

by Staffs » Thu Nov 17, 2011 16:31

Yes there is a guy doing that already but its not finished --> https://github.com/MarkTraceur/minetest/tree/doors <--
I love mods :D

Wolfgang

by Wolfgang » Thu Nov 17, 2011 18:57

I understand why you want doors, but why did beds of all furnitures make the top of your list? They can be made pretty easy from wood, sand or bedrock. Tables are much harder to simulate with blocks if you want a size matching with chairs made from one block.

Staffs

by Staffs » Thu Nov 17, 2011 19:11

beds <-- so you wouldnt have the night >_<

Dogers

by Dogers » Fri Nov 18, 2011 06:49

And the most important thing , bed make a new spawn point for you !
Dogers or dttdogers in-game
---------------------------------
My personal page : http://dttdogers.blogspot.com/

Wolfgang

by Wolfgang » Fri Nov 18, 2011 16:25

Staffs wrote:beds <-- so you wouldnt have the night >_<

So you want furniture to issue the /time command?

Dogers wrote:And the most important thing , bed make a new spawn point for you !

Why use a bed to define a new spawn point? Is this some kind of insider joke?

Dogers

by Dogers » Fri Nov 18, 2011 16:36

Can we place and other spawn point with an other method for now ? Because , by now , when I die , I re-spawn near 0 0 0 .

In Minecraft bed are used to define new personal spawn point .
Dogers or dttdogers in-game
---------------------------------
My personal page : http://dttdogers.blogspot.com/

srothe

by srothe » Fri Nov 18, 2011 17:16

I agree with Wolfgang and was about to suggest "tables" as new inventory item myself. Could be crafted like

O| |0
X|X|X
O| |O

with O = wood stick, X = Wood plank or any piece of stonelike stuff, with the table's plate designed accordingly.

I would love such item

Cheers, Stefan
Last edited by srothe on Fri Nov 18, 2011 17:17, edited 1 time in total.

Zen42

by Zen42 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 15:54

That's A little Minecraft, I think we should stray from directly copying it. Maybe bedrolls?but I can't think of any replacement for doors. and we need pistons.and some electrical stuff.

RAPHAEL

by RAPHAEL » Mon Nov 21, 2011 05:12

Doors needed for sure. For beds, why not cots, sleeping bags, different look to the bed? I don't see how having a bed would be "too much like MineCraft".
"Before you speak, ask yourself: Is it kind, is it true, is it necessary, does it improve upon the silence?"
My mods: http://goo.gl/n4kpn
(Currently Various, Industrial, Fakeblocks, Jail, MoarCraft, Christmas, Replicator, minetest dev installer for linux, bash mod installer, windows mod installer)

sdzen

by sdzen » Wed Nov 23, 2011 00:39

Bedroll's sound cool but at the moment doors should be higher priority
[h]Zen S.D.[/h] The next generation of tranquility!
malheureusement mon français n'est pas bon :<
Owner of the Zelo's
In game name: MuadTralk, spdtainted, sdzen, sd zen, sdzeno

Staffs

by Staffs » Wed Nov 23, 2011 13:02

Wolfgang wrote:
Staffs wrote:beds <-- so you wouldnt have the night >_<

So you want furniture to issue the /time command?

Yes :D plus then its easier and nicerlooking

RAPHAEL

by RAPHAEL » Sat Nov 26, 2011 05:55

sdzen wrote:Bedroll's sound cool but at the moment doors should be higher priority

How so? The current "monsters" seem to have no issue blasting all blocks in its path so a door wouldn't stand any chance. A bed however would allow one to store a spawn point (hopefully).
"Before you speak, ask yourself: Is it kind, is it true, is it necessary, does it improve upon the silence?"
(Currently Various, Industrial, Fakeblocks, Jail, MoarCraft, Christmas, Replicator, minetest dev installer for linux, bash mod installer, windows mod installer)

SuperBlooper057

by SuperBlooper057 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 06:18

RAPHAEL wrote:The current "monsters" seem to have no issue blasting all blocks in its path so a door wouldn't stand any chance.

So make it to where the monsters don't break doors! Or any blocks for that matter.

Texver

by Texver » Sat Nov 26, 2011 07:28

SuperBlooper057 wrote:
RAPHAEL wrote:The current "monsters" seem to have no issue blasting all blocks in its path so a door wouldn't stand any chance.

So make it to where the monsters don't break doors! Or any blocks for that matter.

Any fool who builds his house next to/at the level of a monster SHOULD get his house blown to bits.

And I think making monsters unable to destroy blocks is a bad idea. I find it easy enough to get away from them as it is.

Staffs

by Staffs » Sat Nov 26, 2011 08:53

Yeah i think there need to be even harder mobs :/

RAPHAEL

by RAPHAEL » Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:46

Texver wrote:
SuperBlooper057 wrote:

Any fool who builds his house next to/at the level of a monster SHOULD get his house blown to bits.

And I think making monsters unable to destroy blocks is a bad idea. I find it easy enough to get away from them as it is.

My friend on my server built on the SURFACE and after several hours there were monsters destroying their way to the surface. One monster took out half the complex in that area on the surface.

Wolfgang

by Wolfgang » Sun Nov 27, 2011 14:06

RAPHAEL wrote:My friend on my server built on the SURFACE and after several hours there were monsters destroying their way to the surface. One monster took out half the complex in that area on the surface.

Probably the Dungeon Master. See http://celeron.55.lt/~celeron55/minetest/forum/viewtopic.php?id=367

shelbyingram

by shelbyingram » Tue Feb 14, 2012 07:47

I think that the bedroll idea would work really good w/o the whole copying minecraft thing. Why not put three sticks horizontally, or three blocks of wood?
Minetest is it's own thing, keep it that way!

Gambit

by Gambit » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:21

Okay, this might sound like some crazy idea, but what about a simple pillow. Just borrow the "default_sign_wall" node and add like a message and [Y] to confirm"

I thought about this idea while making the bed texture for my MineToon Pack. Then seeing as I didn't have a pillow and started making one, it hit me.

You'll be able to make your own bed from whatever you like, but it would be the pillow that could hold the source. Just set it there for spawn or to sleep. Visuals help, so here is are some examples.

Granted, I don't know what I was thinking when putting "N" since you can just walk away... herpeh derp~"

They're signs of course, but it's simple enough. What do you guys thing about this idea? You can shun me if you like. ;_;
Last edited by Gambit on Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:37, edited 1 time in total.
Current Projects: MineToon | PixelBOX
Gambit's Checkmate Server - 43.65.296.232 - port: 30001

kahrl

by kahrl » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:40

@Gambit:
That will be super easy to make if my node metadata proposal is implemented. You can find it here. Then you can simply add a form to the bed's (or pillow's) node metadata. And in the on_metadata_form_submit callback do the sleep thing.

Please tell me what you think about the proposal, if you see anything that wouldn't work well or could be implemented better I'd be interested to know.

shelbyingram

by shelbyingram » Tue Feb 14, 2012 13:39

I like your idea Gambit:)
Minetest is it's own thing, keep it that way!

brutus

by brutus » Tue Feb 14, 2012 18:06

just an idea, why don't we make a whole line of craftable furniture that we can use, IE chairs you can sit down in, tables you can use for various purposes, a sink, shoot even a tv if you wanted to.
I like tanks!! :D

Jordach

GitHub: Jordach
IRC: Jordach
In-game: Jordach

by Jordach » Tue Feb 14, 2012 18:41

kahrl wrote:@Gambit:
That will be super easy to make if my node metadata proposal is implemented. You can find it here. Then you can simply add a form to the bed's (or pillow's) node metadata. And in the on_metadata_form_submit callback do the sleep thing.

Please tell me what you think about the proposal, if you see anything that wouldn't work well or could be implemented better I'd be interested to know.

Kahrl, I'd like to take this challenge.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡o ͜ʖ ͡o) [$ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) $] ( ͡$ ͜ʖ ͡$) ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

My image and media server is back online and is functioning as normal.

Tim

by Tim » Tue Feb 21, 2012 09:53

Gambit wrote:Okay, this might sound like some crazy idea, but what about a simple pillow. Just borrow the "default_sign_wall" node and add like a message and [Y] to confirm"

I thought about this idea while making the bed texture for my MineToon Pack. Then seeing as I didn't have a pillow and started making one, it hit me.

You'll be able to make your own bed from whatever you like, but it would be the pillow that could hold the source. Just set it there for spawn or to sleep. Visuals help, so here is are some examples.

Granted, I don't know what I was thinking when putting "N" since you can just walk away... herpeh derp~"

-snip-

They're signs of course, but it's simple enough. What do you guys thing about this idea? You can shun me if you like. ;_;

This looks great, much better than MCs tiny little beds. This is a bed fit for me :D

Lunarhiro

by Lunarhiro » Tue Feb 21, 2012 18:16

Limboooooo!!! Sorry offtopic.

Yea I like gambits plan with the pillows...I could sleep on the furnace like I used to...

Utilisatrice

by Utilisatrice » Wed Feb 22, 2012 00:58

Hi all,

Gambit, how to make a red and white block please ?

blackdragon

by blackdragon » Sat Mar 24, 2012 08:02

I think there should be better looking monster with better graphics for the monsters and they can go above ground.At lease have something that you can make bow and swords and find diamonds definitely make monsters that blow up thats fun!!

Next

Return to Minetest General