Close Topic

jordan4ibanez

GitHub: jordan4ibanez
IRC: jordan4ibanez
In-game: jordan4ibanez

Close Topic

by jordan4ibanez » Sun Dec 23, 2012 01:34

Close Topic
Last edited by jordan4ibanez on Mon Dec 24, 2012 20:39, edited 1 time in total.
If you can think it, you can make it.

jin_xi

by jin_xi » Sun Dec 23, 2012 01:39

idk, but i dont think those ban requests are working out. people sometimes still ask why cornernote was banned and have made up weird theories about it. so i propose to decline this and future ban requests and instead invite whoever wants to take a break to do so without creating a topic...

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 01:39

jordan4ibanez wrote:Please ban my account, thank you

Why?
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right

InfinityProject

by InfinityProject » Sun Dec 23, 2012 01:42

Jordan? You leaving?

jordan4ibanez

by jordan4ibanez » Sun Dec 23, 2012 01:43

jojoa1997 wrote:
jordan4ibanez wrote:Please ban my account, thank you

Why?

If the moderators focus on a troll, and leave a bad moderator in the irc just because he promises that he will change things, but hasn't in 2 months then obviously he's not going to do jack shit, and he is just making the irc worse. I have lost my respect for this game, Here is the source of my train mod that was on its way:
/Train/models/train.x
/Train/helper_functions.lua
/Train/init.lua

Here was a weird water mod i made:
http://pastebin.com/ECThmzkF
This is seriously my final farewell, I'll see you in the minecraft mod forums.
Last edited by jordan4ibanez on Sun Dec 23, 2012 01:44, edited 1 time in total.

InfinityProject

by InfinityProject » Sun Dec 23, 2012 02:35

Jordan you will be missed. You were an amazing coder, and created many amazing things. I do hope you come back soon.
But until then, farewell.
InfinityProject

RAPHAEL

by RAPHAEL » Sun Dec 23, 2012 04:05

Why are people so willing to ditch a GAME because of some PLAYERS? To me thats a bit retarded. So you don't like the IRC, don't use it. Simple as that.
"Before you speak, ask yourself: Is it kind, is it true, is it necessary, does it improve upon the silence?"
My mods: http://goo.gl/n4kpn
(Currently Various, Industrial, Fakeblocks, Jail, MoarCraft, Christmas, Replicator, minetest dev installer for linux, bash mod installer, windows mod installer)

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 04:44

Just use private messaging and ignore the "players"
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right

NakedFury

by NakedFury » Sun Dec 23, 2012 05:21

RAPHAEL wrote:Why are people so willing to ditch a GAME because of some PLAYERS? To me thats a bit retarded. So you don't like the IRC, don't use it. Simple as that.

Exactly. Too easily swayed by others, too easy to stop doing what you enjoy because of others. This is totally wrong.

ok you dont like someone, ignore that person, thats it.

kaeza

GitHub: kaeza
IRC: kaeza diemartin blaaaaargh
In-game: kaeza

by kaeza » Sun Dec 23, 2012 05:57

I'm sorry to say, but in this case, it's not the other "PLAYERS".
The problem is that the original player does not get along well with the other players.
Jordan was a talented programmer, yes, I know that, and most (if not all) of his mods were very good. But the fact is he rarely got along very well on IRC or the forums (at least as far as I've seen).
I'm relatively new here, and I don't say I want him out, but if he wants to leave, I'm just fine with that.
May you find better players in the future jordan. Fare thee well my friend.
Last edited by kaeza on Sun Dec 23, 2012 06:00, edited 1 time in total.
Your signature is not the place for a blog post. Please keep it as concise as possible. Thank you!

Check out my stuff! | Donations greatly appreciated! PayPal | BTC: 1DFZAa5VtNG7Levux4oP6BuUzr1e83pJK2

jordan4ibanez

by jordan4ibanez » Sun Dec 23, 2012 07:18

Last edited by jordan4ibanez on Sun Dec 23, 2012 08:20, edited 1 time in total.

Jordach

GitHub: Jordach
IRC: Jordach
In-game: Jordach

by Jordach » Sun Dec 23, 2012 09:43

jordan4ibanez wrote:.

For a start. Never quit, that's signs of the weak.

Again, I quit for a single week, five days at best and came back.

The problem is jordan4ibanez, is that you seem to have been jumping to conclusions that every OP in IRC is a douchebag. Face the facts, they are not. We've actually implemented rules in #minetest, to stop arguments over possibly flame topics or hate like. I got muted as well. This is because of that damn LandMine. Not anything else. Just "listen" rather than talk your way out of things. IF this feels like you seem to be going nowhere on IRC, feel free to talk to me -- I might be able to sort something out for you.

I'm also one of the people who give a damn about certain people here, I mean ones that provide some of the best mods and assistance, like sfan5, Vanessa, et al. But you should know what I mean. Final words: I listen to most people and help them, don't be afraid to ask for help.

But, finally, do come back, we need a rival to PilzAdam.

- Jordach
Last edited by Jordach on Sun Dec 23, 2012 09:46, edited 1 time in total.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡o ͜ʖ ͡o) [$ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) $] ( ͡$ ͜ʖ ͡$) ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

My image and media server is back online and is functioning as normal.

celeron55

by celeron55 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:31

I find these mainly ridiculous, because of a variety of reasons. Here's two:

The first one is, people seem to expect that the community of a completely free game would be somehow exceptionally good. Or even on par with communities of big commercial games that are guided by paid people. No. Of course it isn't. Why would it be? We're pretty much the crap of the internet with no money and with silly free ideologies. You can be proud of it, but why would you expect, like, anything?

Secondly, these seem to mainly be just people burning out. If you are planning to stay sane with anything, you *need* to develop a habit of brutely taking some kind of a break now and then. Every weekend? A week every month? A month every year? I don't care, and it doesn't matter, as long as it works for you. If somebody misses you, so what? You will be coming back anyway. You're your own boss here. Think like one.

All in all, just plain don't expect so much from yourself and from others. It'll keep you much happier.

RAPHAEL

by RAPHAEL » Sun Dec 23, 2012 22:52

celeron55 wrote:I find these mainly ridiculous, because of a variety of reasons. Here's two:

The first one is, people seem to expect that the community of a completely free game would be somehow exceptionally good. Or even on par with communities of big commercial games that are guided by paid people. No. Of course it isn't. Why would it be? We're pretty much the crap of the internet with no money and with silly free ideologies. You can be proud of it, but why would you expect, like, anything?

Secondly, these seem to mainly be just people burning out. If you are planning to stay sane with anything, you *need* to develop a habit of brutely taking some kind of a break now and then. Every weekend? A week every month? A month every year? I don't care, and it doesn't matter, as long as it works for you. If somebody misses you, so what? You will be coming back anyway. You're your own boss here. Think like one.

All in all, just plain don't expect so much from yourself and from others. It'll keep you much happier.

+1

This is how I handle things. If things get too "crazy" I'll take a few days or a week off. My several month absence however was due to a move and inability to obtain net access. However anyone who pays enough attention to me will notice I "vanish" from time to time for various lengths of time. However I always return because I enjoy the game.
"Before you speak, ask yourself: Is it kind, is it true, is it necessary, does it improve upon the silence?"
My mods: http://goo.gl/n4kpn
(Currently Various, Industrial, Fakeblocks, Jail, MoarCraft, Christmas, Replicator, minetest dev installer for linux, bash mod installer, windows mod installer)

jordan4ibanez

by jordan4ibanez » Mon Dec 24, 2012 01:19

celeron55 wrote:I find these mainly ridiculous, because of a variety of reasons. Here's two:

ok, taking a break, coming back in january

rubenwardy

GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Mon Dec 24, 2012 13:57

jordan4ibanez wrote:

ok, taking a break, coming back in january

Thats good news :)
See you then
Last edited by rubenwardy on Mon Dec 24, 2012 13:57, edited 1 time in total.

tinoesroho

by tinoesroho » Mon Dec 24, 2012 20:32

I think the folks at wildfiregames would be offended - for a ragtag group of developers, they take themselves seriously and act professionally. They're a wonderful team, artists, musicians, coders, and all. Relatively speaking, they're the best in the business - even Ensemble didn't look as sharp. That said, most open source projects [s]are ****[/s] attract people with a lack of social skills. Good coders, good artists, but usually not good people people. That's what moderators are for - they're the friendly face of the contributors and the babysitters of the community.

But yeah. If you feel yourself tiring, take a break. I once took a two year break from a group (they're still a bunch of crazy nuts, but they're MY crazy nuts), and it does help to take time off.
We are what we create.

I tinker and occasionally make (lousy) mods. Currently building an MMO subgame and updating mods. Pirate Party of Canada member. Sporadic author. 21 years old.

My github:
https://github.com/tinoesroho/

Return to Minetest General