0.4.6 is out - should I update?

tinoesroho

0.4.6 is out - should I update?

by tinoesroho » Sat Apr 06, 2013 00:02

Howdy ya'll;

I noticed 0.4.6 is out. I'm debating on whether I should update my server- and I need your help to decide. Yes, there are plenty of shiny new things. There's also now four downloads, a new damage system, LUAJit. A mixed bag for sure. I also heard that it's lighter on the resources.

Should I update my server (and my custom mods)? For LAN play, is it really worth it?
We are what we create.

I tinker and occasionally make (lousy) mods. Currently building an MMO subgame and updating mods. Pirate Party of Canada member. Sporadic author. 21 years old.

My github:
https://github.com/tinoesroho/

0gb.us

by 0gb.us » Sat Apr 06, 2013 00:07

tinoesroho wrote:Howdy ya'll;

I noticed 0.4.6 is out. I'm debating on whether I should update my server- and I need your help to decide. Yes, there are plenty of shiny new things. There's also now four downloads, a new damage system, LUAJit. A mixed bag for sure. I also heard that it's lighter on the resources.

Should I update my server (and my custom mods)? For LAN play, is it really worth it?

Update the engine, if for no other reason, several bugs were fixed in 0.4.6. My favourite new features are usually the bug fixes. Although the engine now only grows saplings on dirt, which is a bit annoying.

Although, updating minetest_game has both good sides and down sides, to that's up to you.

Return to Minetest General