Great Work!

FreakNigh

Great Work!

by FreakNigh » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:22

I don't actually play Minecraft and probably never will. I've never played World of Warcraft and never will. I don't believe in phenomenon games and I don't have the time to get addicted to games anymore. But I do develop and clone old games that I used to play and I want to say I know there are some very difficult obstacles to overcome in a game like this but every time I look at a screenshot of Minecraft I always say to myself "are you kidding? that's a funsy project and if that is making money let alone millions(?) then I might have to remake it myself because that is absurd."

So I just wanted to say thank you for making a proper open version and giving Minecraft a run for their money. Also that I hope you make this open source so you can end the cloning madness before it starts.

spongie

by spongie » Thu Jun 16, 2011 14:45

I have no less than two prototypes for this game in my own "misc" directory. :)

Well done! Love it, I've tried the repos version and the HD textures, gonna have a looksie at the code. I'm already thinking of making simple hack n slash conversions just to get an open world MUD with multiplayer and huge, dynamic maps.

Flippin fantastic! If I can help out in any way with coding (I do C and Python mostly), testing or content, let me know!

O'Hara

by O'Hara » Thu Jun 16, 2011 18:50

I bought minecraft in Alpha. The reason I'm support Minetest over Minecraft is do the simple fact that Minetest runs smoothly and does not crash every few minutes.

Over a year, I'd think Notch would fix some of the weaker coding.
People can fly.

Return to Minetest General