Minetest Social

hoodedice

Minetest Social

by hoodedice » Wed Apr 16, 2014 09:36

Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
For all you preadolescent teen girls (and boys) on #twitter out there, check out @MinetestCommune, the Community's latest social platform

(137/140)

Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
https://twitter.com/MinetestCommune

(23/140)

Also, someone should check out what's up with the google+ and facebook pages #communism #propaganda
(100/140)
7:42 PM - Bauglio: I think if you go to staples you could steal firmware from a fax machine that would run better than win10 does on any platform
7:42 PM - Bauglio: so fudge the stable build
7:43 PM - Bauglio: get the staple build

webdesigner97

GitHub: webD97
IRC: webdesigner97
In-game: webdesigner97

by webdesigner97 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:20

What do you want to say?

hoodedice

by hoodedice » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:30

webdesigner97 wrote:What do you want to say?

We have a new twitter account. See second box in OP.
7:42 PM - Bauglio: I think if you go to staples you could steal firmware from a fax machine that would run better than win10 does on any platform

PilzAdam

GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:44

Why do you think that you could represent the Minetest community?

hoodedice

by hoodedice » Wed Apr 16, 2014 13:15

PilzAdam wrote:Why do you think that you could represent the Minetest community?

I'm not the only one with access to it. I just made the account.
Last edited by hoodedice on Wed Apr 16, 2014 13:16, edited 1 time in total.

Inocudom

IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Wed Apr 16, 2014 13:58

Communism... Propaganda... Both of those represent our modern world.

Calinou

GitHub: Calinou
IRC: Calinou
In-game: Calinou

by Calinou » Wed Apr 16, 2014 15:17

Be sure to add a warning: this is neither endorsed nor approved by the Minetest developers.

Casimir

by Casimir » Wed Apr 16, 2014 15:43

@ Calinou
Maybe that's why it is called "Minetest Community".

mauvebic

by mauvebic » Wed Apr 16, 2014 21:17

PilzAdam wrote:Why do you think that you could represent the Minetest community?

+1

Considering hoodedice made an ass of himself handling that globeminner thing, he's probably the last guy you want doing PR. Second, why even involve politics? A) that's bad marketing B) a lot of people equate communism with shitty copies of quality products, not an image you want to project for MT :p
"Fuck the hat." - Paulie Gualtieri

lightonflux

In-game: lof

by lightonflux » Wed Apr 16, 2014 22:00

I think it is a great idea to have an official Community Twitter account that spreads news and replies interesting stuff written on twitter about MT.

I think it should be managed by more than one person via an "offical" MT email account (one the admins can access), so no one can hijack it.

It should have a nicer Twitter handle/name than Somethi….

hoodedice

by hoodedice » Thu Apr 17, 2014 08:53

lightonflux wrote:I think it should be managed by more than one person via an "offical" MT email account (one the admins can access), so no one can hijack it.

Like I've said before, I *just* made the account. Although both the first two tweets were by me, future tweets could be from any of the other members who I trust and have passed login details with(Hint: They are probably moderators). The account is linked to a minetest gmail account, the login details of which are again shared among certain members.

lightonflux wrote:It should have a nicer Twitter handle/name than Somethi….

I agree. The fact is the @Minetest has been taken away by some stupid fan who is inactive on twitter and we cannot use that. Moreover, as Calinou said, this is seperate from 'The Minetest Core Development Team' and it is a 'Minetest Community' project and as such we need a name that is synonymous with Minetest Community. @MinetestCommune isn't necessarily the best, so if anyone has got anything better, please post it here, and we'll look into it.

Considering hoodedice made an ass of himself handling that globeminner thing, he's probably the last guy you want doing PR

I don't see you doing PR either. You would end up blaming everyone else for all the unstability and bugs in core, and then recommend every follower to play Minecraft or even Globeminner instead.

Second, why even involve politics? A) that's bad marketing B) a lot of people equate communism with shitty copies of quality products, not an image you want to project for MT :p

Have you even seen the tweets? The Communist reference is just a joke. Like I said, we made @MinetestCommune because we did not have any better names. So if you have one you think might be better, please post it here.

BTW, I knew that Commune was definitely a word, but never knew what it meant. So I googled it.

1. a group of people living together and sharing possessions and responsibilities.

So I see that the name is not all that random as I thought it would be.
Last edited by hoodedice on Thu Apr 17, 2014 09:17, edited 1 time in total.

mauvebic

by mauvebic » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:14

hoodedice wrote:You would end up blaming everyone else for all the unstability and bugs in core

Well considering I have nothing to do with core development, that would be an accurate statement wouldn't it?
hoodedice wrote:Have you even seen the tweets? The Communist reference is just a joke. Like I said, we made @MinetestCommune because we did not have any better names. So if you have one you think might be better, please post it here.
BTW, I knew that Commune was definitely a word, but never knew what it meant. So I googled it.
1. a group of people living together and sharing possessions and responsibilities.
So I see that the name is not all that random as I thought it would be.

Communism also killed more people than nazism, but I doubt third reich references would go down so well, joke or not. I'd suggest sticking to the gaming/technical aspect :-)
Last edited by mauvebic on Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:25, edited 1 time in total.
"Fuck the hat." - Paulie Gualtieri

thetoon

by thetoon » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:38

Here in France (after all, "Commune" is initially a french word), a "Commune" is also any city, town or village.

celeron55

by celeron55 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:52

If this is to be made official (which I'm fine with), the email has to be changed to one that is solely controlled by the moderators, so that some random person doesn't suddenly take control of it.

Any moderator: Feel free to handle this. (If there is a lack of volunteers, I can.)

EDIT: Hmm wait... it's not possible to have such access to a twitter account where you cannot change the email linked to it. How is this supposed to be handled if we want to make sure many people can post content to it?
Last edited by celeron55 on Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:54, edited 1 time in total.

Jordach

GitHub: Jordach
IRC: Jordach
In-game: Jordach

by Jordach » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:25

celeron55 wrote:If this is to be made official (which I'm fine with), the email has to be changed to one that is solely controlled by the moderators, so that some random person doesn't suddenly take control of it.

Any moderator: Feel free to handle this. (If there is a lack of volunteers, I can.)

EDIT: Hmm wait... it's not possible to have such access to a twitter account where you cannot change the email linked to it. How is this supposed to be handled if we want to make sure many people can post content to it?
I am one of the few who have access to said Twitter account.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡o ͜ʖ ͡o) [$ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) $] ( ͡$ ͜ʖ ͡$) ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

My image and media server is back online and is functioning as normal.

rubenwardy

GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:34

You need to be able trust those you grant access to. I currently have access, and I hope I am considered trustworthy.

This also brings up whether we want this to be official, as it is the 'community'. Ideally it would be @Minetest.

It was me that suggested commune, when community did not fit. I did not mean to make any communism references, I just used commune as a variation of community. A group of people who work together and share resources.

sfan5

GitHub: sfan5
IRC: sfan5

by sfan5 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:44

celeron55 wrote:If this is to be made official (which I'm fine with), the email has to be changed to one that is solely controlled by the moderators, so that some random person doesn't suddenly take control of it.

Maybe the Twitter API will work for this use case?
Mods: Mesecons | WorldEdit | Nuke
Minetest builds for Windows (32-bit & 64-bit)

Casimir

by Casimir » Thu Apr 17, 2014 13:08

Talking about communism... Taking away infrastructure and giving it into the central control of the state/moderators (as suggested by celeron), that is pretty much what communism is about. I prefer the anarchist attempt: hoodedice made that account - that's it. It's just a twitteraccout, you can create as much accounts as you want, there is no scarcity here. So why fight about one account that does not even claim to be official? It seems characteristic to Minetest that all attempts by the community to do something get attacked by someone.

celeron55

by celeron55 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 14:39

Casimir wrote:Talking about communism... Taking away infrastructure and giving it into the central control of the state/moderators (as suggested by celeron), that is pretty much what communism is about. I prefer the anarchist attempt: hoodedice made that account - that's it. It's just a twitteraccout, you can create as much accounts as you want, there is no scarcity here. So why fight about one account that does not even claim to be official? It seems characteristic to Minetest that all attempts by the community to do something get attacked by someone.

I'm more concerned about accidents than people of the current moment being evil. But if people are fine with taking the risk of losing a potentially huge amount of Twitter followers to some scammer, whatever then.

hoodedice

by hoodedice » Thu Apr 17, 2014 19:06

To solve this problem of there being mistakes, or accidents that would cause the twitter page to fail miserably and cause harm to the Minetest Project, I and rubenwardy have decided to initially post the tweets in advance to a Google Drive document, after which we discuss them and then post those tweets on certain days. News posts, are however, posted as soon as we hear of them.

Jordach is already one moderator with access to the Document. On request, access to said document and/or twitter account could be granted to any requesting mod.

Return to Minetest General