Vote for default textures

Raiden

by Raiden » Mon Feb 13, 2012 21:50

If i must vote for a pack in the list, i vote for Cisoun's texture pack because MT needs to be different than minecraft.
You can edit your post and add me to the list. :)

But IMHO monsters and tools sucks in cisoun's texture pack so mix all we have is a better solution.
Last edited by Raiden on Mon Feb 13, 2012 22:00, edited 1 time in total.

sdzen

by sdzen » Mon Feb 13, 2012 22:04

you can define one not on the list but it should be minetest related the only reason i didnt add yours is because it haddent existed in minetest but can be converted so i think ill add your first suggestion
[h]Zen S.D.[/h] The next generation of tranquility!
malheureusement mon français n'est pas bon :<
Owner of the Zelo's
In game name: MuadTralk, spdtainted, sdzen, sd zen, sdzeno

Raiden

by Raiden » Mon Feb 13, 2012 22:29

Ok thanks sdzen. So i'm going to make a full pack with Ardorcraft textures and mine.
Last edited by Raiden on Mon Feb 13, 2012 22:30, edited 1 time in total.

IPushButton2653

by IPushButton2653 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 22:32

This isn't going anywhere. But oh well, as long as the texture pack ISN'T minecraft or whatever, I'm fine with it.

shelbyingram

by shelbyingram » Tue Feb 14, 2012 14:45

I like the Minetoon one:)
Minetest is it's own thing, keep it that way!

Jordach

GitHub: Jordach
IRC: Jordach
In-game: Jordach

by Jordach » Tue Feb 14, 2012 15:16

Im voting for Gaming4JC's Almost MC pack, just needs a lttile polish, that's all.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡o ͜ʖ ͡o) [$ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) $] ( ͡$ ͜ʖ ͡$) ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

My image and media server is back online and is functioning as normal.

cisoun

GitHub: cisoun
IRC: cisoun
In-game: cisoun

by cisoun » Tue Feb 14, 2012 17:43

Why not mix some textures from the bests packs to create one another?
Not here for a while due to some troubles between my graphic card and Minetest.
Cisoun's Texture Pack | The Conifers Mod (deprecated) | Faenza icons for Minetest |
Website

Raiden

by Raiden » Tue Feb 14, 2012 17:49

cisoun wrote:Why not mix some textures from the bests packs to create one another?

I think it's the right way too.

MirceaKitsune

GitHub: MirceaKitsune
IRC: Taoki
In-game: MirceaKitsune

by MirceaKitsune » Tue Feb 14, 2012 19:34

cisoun wrote:Why not mix some textures from the bests packs to create one another?

+1. Like I said in my previous reply, I'd like to see a mix between "Almost MC" and your texture package.

Jordach

GitHub: Jordach
IRC: Jordach
In-game: Jordach

by Jordach » Tue Feb 14, 2012 19:40

MirceaKitsune wrote:

+1. Like I said in my previous reply, I'd like to see a mix between "Almost MC" and your texture package.

Yes, I would like to see the stylings from mixed packs.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡o ͜ʖ ͡o) [$ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) $] ( ͡$ ͜ʖ ͡$) ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

My image and media server is back online and is functioning as normal.

robert

by robert » Wed Feb 15, 2012 20:35

New user here, I only started playing MT a week ago. Also, I never played MineCraft, so I think I´m relatively unbiased towards it being similar or different concerning the looks by the way.

By now I have checked out all the texture packs which were posted in this section (given that the links still worked).

One of my favourites is MineToon, but that has a pretty distinct style and while it is really neat I don´t think it should be the "official" default. In fact, the current default is really decent and generic, so I´ll vote for it. The only thing which bothers me about it is that the MESE blocks have written MESE on them - that looks extremely makeshift and therefore unprofessional. Decide on a color, make some funky texture based on stone and, for example, yellow, and there you have your MESE blocks. It is supposed to be some natural resource, right? Unless it was buried underground by some ancient civilization or aliens it shouldn´t have letters on it, that only kills immersion.

I also like the 4x4 pack, but that might be too minimalistic considering crafting more complex items.

Lunarhiro

by Lunarhiro » Wed Feb 15, 2012 23:56

I might start working on my own texture pack soon... see what you guys think too, but for now I vote for Almost MC, 2nd for that... ancient looking one, I don't remember what its called and don't feel like scrolling back...but I did type this long ass sentence here <-. Good night :/

Tom

IRC: Tom-s

by Tom » Sat Feb 18, 2012 13:40

I vote for Cisoun's Texture Pack because in addition to being beautiful, it is also very consistent and very neat.

Death Dealer

by Death Dealer » Wed Feb 22, 2012 03:44

made this specifically because of this thread.
Defaults Redefined v0.1(texture pack)- http://www.mediafire.com/?249dk9ffjszz5ed
this is what i think the defaults should look like, furnace needs animation when on and off tho.
Keep calm and code python^_^

Jeija

by Jeija » Wed Feb 22, 2012 07:28

I don't really care about what texture pack it will be in the end... Just one thing:
KEEP MESE!
It's the best joke of the game, if it looks like diamonds it would be quite unlogical (also mese sword, mese tools and mesecons would be nonsense).
Of course you can draw it in a different way, but keep it yellow! Also keep the word mese, please. :D
Redstone for minetest: Mesecons (mesecons.net)

newvega

by newvega » Thu Feb 23, 2012 15:04

Personally, I love the mintoon pack. but i would keep the default textures. Their super easy to change.

0gb.us

by 0gb.us » Fri Dec 21, 2012 23:06

I like the current default textures best.

I actually use a texture pack containing all the default textures to override custom texture packs used on some other servers.

Jeija wrote:I don't really care about what texture pack it will be in the end... Just one thing:
KEEP MESE!
It's the best joke of the game, if it looks like diamonds it would be quite unlogical (also mese sword, mese tools and mesecons would be nonsense).
Of course you can draw it in a different way, but keep it yellow! Also keep the word mese, please. :D

Also, this. Is it too late to get mese changed back before the next stable release?

Menche

by Menche » Fri Dec 21, 2012 23:36

This is a really old thread, it was about changing the old textures that are used in minimal now. The result was changing them to cisouns, which is what is used in minetest_game now.

But I agree, I really want mese back as it was. I don't mind having a dense mese block and mese fragments, but the yellow block with "mese" scrawled on it has been in minetest for eons. Keep the block and fragments and replace the silly crystals with normal mese and I'll be happy.
An innocent kitten dies every time you top-post.
I am on the Voxelands Forums more often than here.
Try Voxelands (forked from Minetest 0.3) by darkrose

Josh

by Josh » Sat Dec 22, 2012 02:49

Menche: To be honest, yes mese should be kept like it was. I think you should get a lump then smelt that into an ingot.
Mese crystals just sounds....unright.

davidpace

by davidpace » Sat Dec 22, 2012 05:56

Agreed Josh.
Taking a break for a while see ya guys!

In some of my posts I will be putting "Secret" White sentences.. Tell me if you see them!!! :D

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 06:01

yeah but mese is special
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right

0gb.us

by 0gb.us » Sat Dec 22, 2012 07:15

Menche wrote:This is a really old thread, it was about changing the old textures that are used in minimal now. The result was changing them to cisouns, which is what is used in minetest_game now.

Oops. I don't visit this section of the forum that often, and for some reason, this looked like a fresh topic.

Jeija's comment must have been about that tan version of mese then, not the new crystals. My bad.

So this is over, and we're keeping the keeping the textures we have now? Awesome.

jojoa1997 wrote:yeah but mese is special

Mese WAS special, until it was changed into a crystal.

Mese is only special in it's original form, and only because of it's history and sentimental value. As a crystal/ore, it is meaningless. We might as well turn poptart cats into an ore too.

In fact .... I think I'll do that when I have time, just to see if anyone jumps on THAT bandwagon. Mine will be a plugin though, not a pull request, so it won't alter the flow of Minetest development. Rainbow ore will of course also be included.

sdzen

by sdzen » Sat Dec 22, 2012 18:31

If people could please stop posting to this? the thread is completely irrelevant now and in fact should be deleted.
[h]Zen S.D.[/h] The next generation of tranquility!
malheureusement mon français n'est pas bon :<
Owner of the Zelo's
In game name: MuadTralk, spdtainted, sdzen, sd zen, sdzeno

Previous

Return to Minetest Texture Packs