Daily and Stable - both at once?

GreenDimond

GitHub: GreenXenith
IRC: GreenDimond
In-game: GreenDimond

Daily and Stable - both at once?

by GreenDimond » Wed Dec 07, 2016 02:16

Hello!
I have recently taken interest in trying the daily builds. I want to try them, but I also want to keep the stable. If I add a new repository (daily instead of stable) and use the apt-get install minetestc55 (I am using Xubuntu), I am assuming that it will replace the stable build (if not let me know).
Is there a way to have both the stable and daily at once on my system?
Thanks!
-Green
I am Green. I tend to binge-post. "All of this over a 16x16 representation of a cartoon cat ?!?! what has this world come to..." -TenPlus1, 2017.
Diz mah mods! :D ↑ github.com/minetest/minetest_game/issues/1647#issuecomment-288134572 ↑
Sand Plus - Tac Nayn - Waffles - Coming Soon: Caverealms Plus

rubenwardy

GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

Re: Daily and Stable - both at once?

by rubenwardy » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:05

You can use the one line build command to build it yourself - the daily build will then just be in a folder in home rather than system wide.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3837

If you use the version which is not run in place / not portable it'll also use the same files. Make sure you remove the sudo make install command

GreenDimond

by GreenDimond » Wed Dec 07, 2016 16:29

rubenwardy wrote:Make sure you remove the sudo make install command

What does that mean?

EDIT: Nevermind I think I found it.
I am Green. I tend to binge-post. "All of this over a 16x16 representation of a cartoon cat ?!?! what has this world come to..." -TenPlus1, 2017.
Diz mah mods! :D ↑ github.com/minetest/minetest_game/issues/1647#issuecomment-288134572 ↑

GreenDimond

by GreenDimond » Wed Dec 07, 2016 16:57

It worked! Thanks!
Here is full code:
Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
sudo apt-get install -y git build-essential libirrlicht-dev libgettextpo0 libfreetype6-dev cmake libbz2-dev libpng12-dev libjpeg8-dev libxxf86vm-dev libgl1-mesa-dev libsqlite3-dev libogg-dev libvorbis-dev libopenal-dev libcurl4-openssl-dev libluajit-5.1-dev liblua5.1-0-dev libleveldb-dev; cd; git clone https://github.com/minetest/minetest.git; cd minetest/games; git clone https://github.com/minetest/minetest_game.git; cd ..; cmake . -DENABLE_GETTEXT=1 -DENABLE_FREETYPE=1 -DENABLE_LEVELDB=1; make -j$(nproc); minetest; echo -e "\n\n\e[1;33mYou can run Minetest again by typing \"minetest\" in a terminal or selecting it in an applications menu.\nYou can install mods in ~/.minetest/mods, too.\e[0m"

Now do I have to run this every time I want to try a new daily build?

rubenwardy

GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Wed Dec 07, 2016 17:01

GreenDimond wrote:It worked! Thanks!
Here is full code:
Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
sudo apt-get install -y git build-essential libirrlicht-dev libgettextpo0 libfreetype6-dev cmake libbz2-dev libpng12-dev libjpeg8-dev libxxf86vm-dev libgl1-mesa-dev libsqlite3-dev libogg-dev libvorbis-dev libopenal-dev libcurl4-openssl-dev libluajit-5.1-dev liblua5.1-0-dev libleveldb-dev; cd; git clone https://github.com/minetest/minetest.git; cd minetest/games; git clone https://github.com/minetest/minetest_game.git; cd ..; cmake . -DENABLE_GETTEXT=1 -DENABLE_FREETYPE=1 -DENABLE_LEVELDB=1; make -j$(nproc); minetest; echo -e "\n\n\e[1;33mYou can run Minetest again by typing \"minetest\" in a terminal or selecting it in an applications menu.\nYou can install mods in ~/.minetest/mods, too.\e[0m"

You just have to run this:

git pull origin master && make -j$(nproc)

SuperPantsofDoom

In-game: aslar

by SuperPantsofDoom » Sat Dec 10, 2016 16:43

I curious: what is the daily build and where can i find it?

MineYoshi

GitHub: MineYosh
IRC: MineYoshi
In-game: Kirby_Retro

by MineYoshi » Sat Dec 10, 2016 19:49

SuperPantsofDoom wrote:I curious: what is the daily build and where can i find it?

A daily build is simply-ish a version of Minetest with new changes, but the thing is that is unstable and sometimes can crash if there is an error. (not everytime).
Depending on your Operative System you can get them in this area of the forum.

For Windows 64-32 Bit
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=1523&start=550
OSX
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=9190&start=250
Android
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=12169&start=25
Linux(Debian/Ubuntu)
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=3837
People talk about freedom of speech, so i'll say that God exists.
Open your eyes!! See The big unicorn conspiracy.!! :D The government has been lying to us about unicorns!!
"I've learned there are three things you don't discuss with people: religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin" - Linus Van Pelt
I'm the Officially 1st ABJist in the world ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

GreenDimond

by GreenDimond » Wed Dec 14, 2016 00:40

rubenwardy wrote:
GreenDimond wrote:It worked! Thanks!
Here is full code:

You just have to run this:

git pull origin master && make -j$(nproc)

Tried that. Didn't work. What exactly do I type???

GreenDimond

by GreenDimond » Sat Dec 31, 2016 06:28

[DELETED POST]

Return to Minetest Builds