Post your mod requests/ideas here

LionsDen

by LionsDen » Fri Jun 28, 2013 16:38

Dan Duncombe wrote:Also, maybe try the tricorder mod. You punch a node with the tricorder, and any node that is an ore, even if it is from mods, that is nearby, will have it's cooordinates given in the chat.

Hi, I hadn't seen the tricorder mod before so I downloaded it and installed it and it looks good. The only problem is that it can't seem to see diamond.

Topywo

by Topywo » Sat Jun 29, 2013 13:14

LionsDen wrote:
Dan Duncombe wrote:Also, maybe try the tricorder mod. You punch a node with the tricorder, and any node that is an ore, even if it is from mods, that is nearby, will have it's cooordinates given in the chat.

Hi, I hadn't seen the tricorder mod before so I downloaded it and installed it and it looks good. The only problem is that it can't seem to see diamond.

I took the liberty to add the diamonds and mese crystals. Also changed some moreores into default (although not necessary yet)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/65428713/tricorder.0.4.7.7z
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/65428713/tricorder.0.4.7.tar.gz
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/65428713/tricorder.0.4.7.zip

License GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE Version 2, June 1991
Author and all credits: darkrose

DeepGaze

GitHub: DeepGaze
IRC: DeepGaze
In-game: DeepGaze

by DeepGaze » Thu Jul 04, 2013 22:50

a mod checker that see's which mods are being used in the map thus ignoring the useless mods that clutter up the map release
there's no place like 127.0.0.1
The deep life Minetest text page
minetest cards

kaurdump

by kaurdump » Sat Jul 06, 2013 21:58

requesting a turret mod. thanks!

Jordach

GitHub: Jordach
IRC: Jordach
In-game: Jordach

by Jordach » Mon Jul 08, 2013 15:56

Here's a mod suggestion; if you code it and it works -- it gets added to mt.viewskew.com:

http://mt.viewskew.com/ is the price list for nodes, and my rule is: nodes that don't need gold upfront will put the player in debt, nodes that want it on the door will not put you in debt. (But YOU MUST PAY FOR IT.)

And every node is only buyable in GOLD INGOTS.

There are limits; you can only buy in so many sets: so if I wanted 40 stone, I'd have to pay 2 ingots. (You cannot have an uneven amount, but you can buy upto the limit.)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡o ͜ʖ ͡o) [$ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) $] ( ͡$ ͜ʖ ͡$) ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

My image and media server is back online and is functioning as normal.

BenAmaranth

by BenAmaranth » Tue Jul 09, 2013 08:23

Seriously, I just want kelp, thats all. Don't make me learn lua just so I have something to look at underwater, that wouldnt be very nice to do.
Air (you hacker you!)

Topywo

by Topywo » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:02

BenAmaranth wrote:Seriously, I just want kelp, thats all. Don't make me learn lua just so I have something to look at underwater, that wouldnt be very nice to do.

I'll make some kelp, as soon as I'll manage to make some simpler nodeboxes for the seaplants mod in my sea modpack. But that needs to wait some weeks/months.

DeepGaze

by DeepGaze » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:36

joystick support on linux (mac and windows have nice mappers and get round this)
minetest cards

kaeza

GitHub: kaeza
IRC: kaeza diemartin blaaaaargh
In-game: kaeza

by kaeza » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:38

DeepGaze wrote:joystick support on linux (mac and windows have nice mappers and get round this)

tried qjoypad?
Your signature is not the place for a blog post. Please keep it as concise as possible. Thank you!

Check out my stuff! | Donations greatly appreciated! PayPal | BTC: 1DFZAa5VtNG7Levux4oP6BuUzr1e83pJK2

DeepGaze

by DeepGaze » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:51

qjoypad has difficulty running on 13.04 (ubuntu) and there is a limited source of manuals on how to use. but thankyou for the suggestion
minetest cards

GassyBritish

by GassyBritish » Tue Jul 16, 2013 08:00

A Mod that removes the crafting grid (3x3) from the inventory and makes it 2x2. Also make it so you have to craft the 3x3 crafting table (That you can place on the ground) by using 4 wood planks in your 2x2 inventory crafting window.

Dan Duncombe

by Dan Duncombe » Tue Jul 16, 2013 08:10

There already is a mod for that, althought I can't remember what it is called. It is not compatible with inventory plus or unified inventory.
GassyBritish wrote:A Mod that removes the crafting grid (3x3) from the inventory and makes it 2x2. Also make it so you have to craft the 3x3 crafting table (That you can place on the ground) by using 4 wood planks in your 2x2 inventory crafting window.
Some Mods: Castles Prefab Camouflage
My Games: Nostalgia Realtest Revamped
Servers: See above games.

GassyBritish

by GassyBritish » Tue Jul 16, 2013 08:30

Dan Duncombe wrote:There already is a mod for that, althought I can't remember what it is called. It is not compatible with inventory plus or unified inventory.
GassyBritish wrote:A Mod that removes the crafting grid (3x3) from the inventory and makes it 2x2. Also make it so you have to craft the 3x3 crafting table (That you can place on the ground) by using 4 wood planks in your 2x2 inventory crafting window.

If you can remember the name then please post it, Thanks

Dan Duncombe

by Dan Duncombe » Tue Jul 16, 2013 08:46

The one I was thinking of was here

PilzAdam

GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:49

Maybe try MiniTest too.

BlockMen

GitHub: BlockMen

by BlockMen » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:09

PilzAdam wrote:Maybe try MiniTest too.

^ Spam :P

alexander

by alexander » Thu Jul 18, 2013 18:47

tornado mod?

musicfreak34

by musicfreak34 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 22:19

Is it possible to build something like this in minetest?

http://universalelectricity.com/icbm
You have no chance, so use.

When is the release of the next minetestversion? ;-)

Dan Duncombe

by Dan Duncombe » Fri Jul 19, 2013 22:25

Try the Technic mod
musicfreak34 wrote:Is it possible to build something like this in minetest?

http://universalelectricity.com/icbm

nikminers

by nikminers » Sat Jul 20, 2013 00:17

I'm new to minetest and have no programming skills whatsoever, but I do have ideas for mods.
I would like them to be compatible with version 0.4.4 of Minetest (my fave version) and up. Don't like how files in later versions were organized or how the ability to move through nodes by default when in fly mode was disabled. I know this can be re-enabled easily, but that's besides the point, it adds unnecessary work.
- auto-fill
This would work by selecting 2 points in the air with an auto fill tool. This tool would outline the empty node it's pointing at and be able to "punch" the air to create point a & b. For example, if you select a point high in the air and a point straight down near the ground, that would prep an area to be filled in a straight line up and down, with each empty node being outlined. This would also work for horizontal lines. If you select 2 points from corner-to-corner in the same row or column you can prep an area for a wall, floor, or ceiling. If you select 2 points in different rows and columns, that would prep an area for a hollow structure, or a 2-layer wall, floor, or ceiling. Once an area is prepped, all you would need to do afterward is place your material of choice in any empty outlined node by punching, and viola you have a simple 3-step shape or structure to build upon, saving loads of time. I would have said place on the empty node, but that would create conflicts with items that drop when placed, such as tools. I'm aware of worldedit but that method is not as beginner-friendly and people like me would never consider using it.
- mian-menu-level mod and texture switching
Pretty much self-explainatory. Add the ability to enable or disable mods and switch texture packs from the main menu (excluding main menu textures of course, may be a risk of crashing). This mod would be especially useful when other mods begin to act up and crash your game, and beginner users would have an easier time applying texture packs. This should also allow players to switch textures in other mods with their own textures, this would require a new folder in the game's file system labelled "alternative mod textures", each texture folder in this directory should be labelled "*mod name here* texture pack" Adding a system-monitor with a simple interface (something like a meter with a needle that goes between "performance(fast but ugly)" and "quality (slow but beautiful)" would be helpful so players/creators can determine which combination of textures and mods will have the most favourable performance-to-content ratio according to system specs and programs running in the background. This would work by running a virtual game strictly in the console and doing a stress test/fps check and reporting back to the system monitor for a measure of the performance/quality ratio and to report any crashes that may/will occur.
- REWIND!!! (AKA save/load menu)
There have been many times I have seriously f****d something up and inadvertently ruined many hours of hard, tedious work, especially with the bazooka from the firearms mod. A feature that auto-saves once every 10-20 mins, and allows you to save in-game as well would be very appreciated. Having it save with a thumbnail image would help identify where you were. The save menu should be accessible as if it were an inventory, just press a single key to save and/or load in-game. A cache of 10-15 auto-saves and 5-10 self-saves would be ideal. The auto-save cache should empty once the game is exited, but the self-save cache should remain, and a load menu should be presented when entering your game so you can start where you want. This would have the added benefit of being able to create a similar world in different ways without needing to mess around in the file folders.
- in-game music playlist
This would be a simple mod really. It would use a shortcut key to access a menu that is linked to a music folder/folders anywhere on your hard drive using an interface something like windows explorer. It should utilize a media player that exists outside of the game (preferrably one created for Minetest) and mute other in-game sounds. A simple menu bar should be accessible through the same shortcut allowing you to switch songs, switch playlists, pause, and turn shuffle/repeat on or off. As a measure against crashing the menu should be locked open before re-entering the game to give the media player time to initialize, load all files, and begin playing music.
If any of these mods exist as I described them please point me in the right direction, If not then all I ask is to be credited for the idea/concept should anybody take up the long, tedious task of actually making these mods.
Last edited by nikminers on Sat Jul 20, 2013 00:18, edited 1 time in total.

pandaro

GitHub: pandaro

by pandaro » Sat Jul 20, 2013 09:26

settable distance of digging and touch.
can you do?
sorry for bad english
Linux debian 7 wheezy 64
kde

Calinou

GitHub: Calinou
IRC: Calinou
In-game: Calinou

by Calinou » Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:59

pandaro wrote:settable distance of digging and touch.
can you do?

Not in Lua.

pandaro

by pandaro » Sat Jul 20, 2013 14:11

Hybrid Dog wrote:
Calinou wrote:
pandaro wrote:settable distance of digging and touch.
can you do?

Not in Lua.
you should make it possible

was just an idea
sorry for bad english
Linux debian 7 wheezy 64
kde

PilzAdam

GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Sat Jul 20, 2013 14:35

pandaro wrote:
Hybrid Dog wrote:
Calinou wrote:
Not in Lua.
you should make it possible

was just an idea

https://github.com/minetest/minetest/pull/839

pandaro

by pandaro » Sat Jul 20, 2013 14:39

PilzAdam wrote:
pandaro wrote:
Hybrid Dog wrote:you should make it possible

was just an idea

https://github.com/minetest/minetest/pull/839

I am honored that my request has become a commit
sorry for bad english
Linux debian 7 wheezy 64
kde

pandaro

by pandaro » Sat Jul 20, 2013 15:11

Considered that the idea has just been born, it would be great if the range of a tool was configured in the player (as with set_armor_groups ()).
So you could combine the potential of a tool (defined in the tool itself) with some skill of the player.
sorry for bad english
Linux debian 7 wheezy 64
kde

Zeg9

by Zeg9 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 17:55

Hybrid Dog wrote:When will screenshots be saved in .minetest/screenshots and when will they be named by date?

Just do it, and pull request (and pray that it gets merged ;-))
I made a few (a lot of?) mods for minetest: here is a list.
See also the MT-Faithful texture pack (work in progress).

mauvebic

by mauvebic » Sat Jul 20, 2013 20:12

Google Translate Mod for the in-game chat.
"Fuck the hat." - Paulie Gualtieri

Evergreen

GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen

by Evergreen » Sat Jul 20, 2013 20:32

I was actually going to make a set reaching distance command if pilzadam's pull request is merged.
"Help! I searched for a mod but I couldn't find it!"
http://krock-works.16mb.com/MTstuff/modSearch.php

Saied

by Saied » Sun Jul 21, 2013 18:05

I have got some ideas:A Herobrine mod , a Kungfu mod , a Dinosaur mod, a Star Wars mod, Villager mod, NPC Villages, A mod you can get huge with, a Spongebob mod and a skating mod with Inlineskates Skatebords etc. etc.(Halfpipes,Ramps...) I would be happy if someone does it. :)
Last edited by Saied on Sun Jul 21, 2013 18:06, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Return to Modding Discussion