Modding resources

nomohakon

IRC: nomohakon
In-game: nomohakon

Modding resources

by nomohakon » Sat Oct 24, 2015 07:32

Hello, where can i find well-commented examples for complete modding. I tried to dissect default game with no luck. Im looking for complete list of values and combinations.

twoelk

Re: Modding resources

by twoelk » Sat Oct 24, 2015 09:52

In your installation of minetest in the doc folder you will find the lua_api.txt that should document all things a mod can use in that specific version of minetest or read this html-version.

Also consider using the Minetest-Dev-Wiki. You might want to study the contents of the Modding_API category such as:
* Methods
* Types
* Objects
* Modding FAQ

There is of course the Modding Book from rubenwardy that contains some examples.

but considering you seem to have been posting to the minetest forum since 2012 I guess you know all that and the request is rather about the "well commented" - well whatever you find out please add it to the minetest-dev wiki for the benefit of others. ;-)

BobbyBonsaimind

GitHub: RobertZenz
IRC: Robert_Zenz
In-game: Bobby

Re: Modding resources

by BobbyBonsaimind » Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:00

nomohakon wrote:Hello, where can i find well-commented examples for complete modding.

I've been trying my best to keep the Australopithecus parts well commented and documented...well, except those parts that aren't "done yet" and might change. If you want to have a look at it, I hope you find it easy to digest.

Return to Modding Discussion