Texture mod?

KittyCakes

GitHub: CandyKitty
IRC: PinkKitty
In-game: PinkCat or KittyCakes

Texture mod?

by KittyCakes » Mon Oct 17, 2016 19:38

My friend wants a texture mod. Where you can have two textures in one world. Can anyone make that?
MINETEST

taikedz

GitHub: taikedz
IRC: DuCake
In-game: DuCake

Re: Texture mod?

by taikedz » Tue Oct 18, 2016 01:23

If your question is about having multiple texture packs, and picking and choosing from each, you can only have one texture pack active in any one world. You would have to make your own pack with your chosen textures.

If your question is about giving a block (say for example default:dirt) two different textures, you would need to define a different dirt I'd think. default:dirt, mydirt:dirt1, mydirt:dirt2 etc for as many textures as you seek, and then get into mapgen coding to have those taken. It's getting mighty complex for what you want to achieve.

If I've misunderstood what you meant can you elaborate further on what you are trying to achieve, when the etxtures be used, how you would use the objects to get the relevant textures, etc.

KittyCakes

GitHub: CandyKitty
IRC: PinkKitty
In-game: PinkCat or KittyCakes

by KittyCakes » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:35

taikedz wrote:If your question is about having multiple texture packs, and picking and choosing from each, you can only have one texture pack active in any one world. You would have to make your own pack with your chosen textures.

If your question is about giving a block (say for example default:dirt) two different textures, you would need to define a different dirt I'd think. default:dirt, mydirt:dirt1, mydirt:dirt2 etc for as many textures as you seek, and then get into mapgen coding to have those taken. It's getting mighty complex for what you want to achieve.

If I've misunderstood what you meant can you elaborate further on what you are trying to achieve, when the etxtures be used, how you would use the objects to get the relevant textures, etc.

I meant: is there a way to have a texture mod so you click on one first and that texture that you clicked on first the game will use that texture for when in the other texture if it can't find a texture for an item or block.
MINETEST

taikedz

GitHub: taikedz
IRC: DuCake
In-game: DuCake

by taikedz » Thu Oct 20, 2016 14:00

When a node is defined by a mod, the creator should have defined its texture. That will be the default texture. Say it's called "custom_node.png" for a "custom:node"

If you add a texture pack, any texture that has the same name as another texture somewhere else (in the texture pack, it topo would have to be called "custom_node.png" for example) will replace the default texture for all "custom:node" instances.

If your texture pack does not have a "custom_node.png", then the default texture form the mod itself will automatically be used.

The only time you would have an unknown texture is when you both don't define it in the texturepack AND you remove it from the mod.

Why this would happen, I cannot fathom.

Kosmos

In-game: KosmosHD

by Kosmos » Sat Oct 22, 2016 07:12

For waht do you need it???

Return to Modding Discussion