Post your mod requests/ideas here

Nore

GitHub: Ekdohibs

by Nore » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:19

If you want a small delay, use a recent version of mesecons.

Temperest

GitHub: Uberi

by Temperest » Thu Jun 13, 2013 20:44

markveidemanis wrote:Some digiline addons:
Light Block: right click and theres 3 formspecs: channel to listen on, message to turn on, message to turn off.

Also a personal request: make digiline global, so no wires or wireless mod needed. May be cheaty, but its a request. So you can just place a tv and it will work.

Find a way to make the commandblock and luacontroller communicate, i know that theres a //lua command to execute lua code, i just dont know lua:).

Sound block: channel : pulse msg

Technic constructor: channel: message to extend, message to contract: or 1 message to change.

MAP REQUEST or SHOWCASE: basically you send a message to request a message from a server in the minetest world ans it replies the message in its memory on the requested channel.
So digiline_send("REQ", "GET")
Would do:
digiline_send("BBC", msg) from the server
NOTE: server == central remote luacontroller

Light Block: check out Mesecons for that! A luacontroller will do the trick very nicely:

Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
if event.msg == "on" then port.a = true
elseif event.msg == "off" then port.a = false end

Global digilines are probably not going to be added, unless there is a way to not have it massively break existing machines. A digilines radio transmitter/receiver is not out of the question though.

Luacontroller/Command Block interop: //lua is a WorldEdit command, and I specifically added special permissions so it can't be abused by command blocks and such. It is best avoided unless you really need it, since you can easily mess up something if you're not careful. Luacontrollers already work with command blocks; they can activate them by turning their ports on.

Memory server: check this code out:

Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
if event.type == "program" then
  mem = {abc=123, def=456}
elseif event.channel == "req" then
  digiline_send("val", mem[event.msg])
end

markveidemanis wrote:[h]Enormous/Adjustable screens[/h]

Like in digiline but literally one block per character or larger.
Aim
The aim of this is to make traffic displays and bigger screens for stadiums. This should ideally be compatible with digiline.
Additional
The screens can, however auto-adjust in some way. I know changing the text size is not possible without registering excessive entities but i think someone could make text go onto an adjascent screen and i know that it is possible to make connected textures screens.

Try the Digilines LCD! The characters are small, but you can use them to make bigger characters, like so:

digiline_send("lcd", "##  ##\n##  ##\n######\n##  ##\n##  ##")
Last edited by Temperest on Thu Jun 13, 2013 20:45, edited 1 time in total.
WorldEdit 1.0 released

The Mesecons Laboratory - the art of Mesecons circuitry
Latest article: Mesecons Basics.

oxenfreedan

by oxenfreedan » Sat Jun 15, 2013 00:15

How about a sattelite mod where you could put a satellite chest down put whatever items you want into the chest then set down a sort of computer beside the satellite chest lock onto another satellite chest and transmit the items in the chest next to the computer to the chest you are locked onto.
Since thjis topi is for ideas and request I would like to make tis a request pls reply.
My Awesome Map please try:
http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=5028
I've played minetest since 0.3.1 came out!
Mostly when on forums I'm using a uniden tablet!

Temperest

by Temperest » Sat Jun 15, 2013 04:35

Try the teleporter tubes in the Pipeworks mod, oxenfreedan. I think you'll also like the many, many other features it offers, as well as the Mesecons integration.

Topic is here: http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=2155
WorldEdit 1.0 released

markveidemanis

by markveidemanis » Sat Jun 15, 2013 08:28

mem = {abc=123, def=456}
end

Could you explain how to set this up and what the channel names represent?
BitCoin: 1Eq4arvykGNa1YC2DbJpWcwGfMvtFGjAoR

oxenfreedan

by oxenfreedan » Sat Jun 15, 2013 20:36

Temperest wrote:Try the teleporter tubes in the Pipeworks mod, oxenfreedan. I think you'll also like the many, many other features it offers, as well as the Mesecons integration.

Topic is here: http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=2155

Thx!
My Awesome Map please try:
http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=5028
I've played minetest since 0.3.1 came out!
Mostly when on forums I'm using a uniden tablet!

Temperest

by Temperest » Sat Jun 15, 2013 22:13

markveidemanis wrote:
  mem = {abc=123, def=456}
end

Could you explain how to set this up and what the channel names represent?

It's pretty straightforward. First, plonk down a Luacontroller and right click it. Paste the code above into the form that shows up. This is our memory server. Build any circuit you want, then connect it up to the memory server with Digilines. When another luacontroller does something like this:

digiline_send("req", "abc")

Which means retrieve entry abc from the memory server, it'll send the value, 123, on the digilines channel "val". You can then do something with that when it triggers the client Luacontroller and its code runs a second time. Here's an example of a client Luacontroller:

if event.type == "on" then --pin turned on
  digiline_send("req", "def")
elseif event.channel == "val" then --retrieved result from memory server
  print("The value of the key def is " .. event.msg)
end
WorldEdit 1.0 released

Stray333

by Stray333 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 08:16

I've posted on the forum of this topic already to get an opinion. I would love to see a feature where a (fkey) is used to view the character in 3rd person.
I can be creative, I can be destructive, but most of all I can be myself.

kobayashi

by kobayashi » Sun Jun 16, 2013 17:00

kobayashi wrote:Volcano mod , under mod ,enchantment mod,potion mod

mods for this will be FABULOUS
BY ME (KOBAYASHI) FOR YOU =)

ch98

by ch98 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 06:01

Wind mod. every air block has direction wind is blowing and 3 different strength. No wind, enought wind to change walking speed, and strong wind to sometimes blow light weight blocks away.

Also a wave mod. Special type of liquid on top of water effected by wind. Can cause enormous wave if strong wind keep blowing in one direction and destroy soft things on land like tidal waves.

Earthquake mod. Mod that distroys some cracky objects.
Mudslide mod Click Here

philipbenr

GitHub: philipbenr
IRC: philipbenr
In-game: WisdomFire or philipbenr

by philipbenr » Thu Jun 20, 2013 00:02

I don't know if this has been done yet, but could someone make a mod that creates large gates for like castles/cathedral/fortress things. something like the current doors, but larger. 2 long by 4 tall...
"The Foot is down!"

Dempsey

by Dempsey » Thu Jun 20, 2013 04:02

I know there's mods out there, but can somebody make a mod (or give me a link) for monsters and an actually working bed? I've tried PilzAdam's mods but can't get them to work, even when renaming them like he says to do. Please help

kaeza

GitHub: kaeza
IRC: kaeza diemartin blaaaaargh
In-game: kaeza

by kaeza » Thu Jun 20, 2013 04:38

Monsters:
http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=629
http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=3063

For beds, follow these instructions: http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=5073
But post in the topic for the 'beds' mod instead of creating a new topic.
Your signature is not the place for a blog post. Please keep it as concise as possible. Thank you!

Check out my stuff! | Donations greatly appreciated! PayPal | BTC: 1DFZAa5VtNG7Levux4oP6BuUzr1e83pJK2

Dan Duncombe

by Dan Duncombe » Thu Jun 20, 2013 06:28

Try the papyrus bed mod. It has awesome looking beds that work.
Some Mods: Castles Prefab Camouflage
My Games: Nostalgia Realtest Revamped
Servers: See above games.

philipbenr

GitHub: philipbenr
IRC: philipbenr
In-game: WisdomFire or philipbenr

by philipbenr » Fri Jun 21, 2013 18:43

Well, for mods, what I do is manually extract them into the games/minetest_games/mods folder and rename them and everything. Some names that include master sometimes need to be renamed and some of the don't. There are a lot of things you have to do to get it to work sometimes, but eventually, you will probably get it to work. Some mods also just will not run on older versions. What version of Minetest do you have?

Still, if you get PlizAdam's monster mod to work, it is worth the work I believe, especially if you get thefamilygrog66's mod, spawn-eggs:
http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=6214

(And don't worry; I still haven't found a really nice bed mod. I went into old mods and changed bgsmithjr's one. It works, but its older.)
"The Foot is down!"

yohanes828

by yohanes828 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 02:56

mod pack

Bearbar123

by Bearbar123 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 23:17

Why guys don't know if you have this, but a mod where mosters that are friendly to you and look human spawn all over the world and you can like tame them or something and they will help you would be cool
Hello I am a random panda

Dan Duncombe

by Dan Duncombe » Sat Jun 22, 2013 23:34

MobF adds traders that spawn. With them you can buy 'contracts' which can be used (depending on type) to spawn things like archers and guards.

Josh

by Josh » Sun Jun 23, 2013 02:57

What about a Camping mod? you can make a fireplace to cook food and a tent or sleeping bag to sleep in.

aron1263

by aron1263 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:30

is it possible to make a "wing" mod that you can use with a amount of time? that when worn, the wings will slow your fall and eliminate fall damage. however if you want to fall at the normal speed, sneaking will allow you to fall normally but then exposes you to fall damage from whatever hight you began to sneak at, to avoid this let go of the sneak button right before you hit the ground. but where the wings come in handy is they let you "Flap" 3 times while airborne by hitting the jump button. Flapping will lift you a few blocks higher to increase your flight distance but this will also damage your armor by 1 point. Is it possible?

BobdaBiscuit

by BobdaBiscuit » Mon Jun 24, 2013 21:27

A mod that would be very useful for servers (I think) would be something that continually generates the world even when no one is on, a cap could be put on for the file/world size. Since I run Minetest on a toaster and run a few thousand mods, playing the game is near impossible due to heavy system load from world gen, so having it pre generated would be great.

zoropig

by zoropig » Tue Jun 25, 2013 15:57

defending mod to defend your house. like a knight,archer,maybe like a snow golem or a mese golem or somthing,healer,mage and add horses maybe?
i'm new too all this still but i will try to make mods and textures check out my map too!

Shizumov

by Shizumov » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:45

Hello,

Y have two requests/ideas to submit!

First: restone bomb > like a tnt pack but in reverse.

In clear a usefull tips to refill the old mine hole. And make a little more proper!

2nd: A lava detector and alternatively iron/someores detector! To make a nice proper mine pit at the place of a complex of underground galery!

That all thanks at all!

Topywo

by Topywo » Wed Jun 26, 2013 17:28

Shizumov wrote:Hello,

2nd: A lava detector and alternatively iron/someores detector! To make a nice proper mine pit at the place of a complex of underground galery!

That all thanks at all!

There's a mineral detector mod (that I couldn't find using search...)

http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=615

Post 33 and 34 have two versions (no lava)

ch98

by ch98 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 03:15

Topywo wrote:
Shizumov wrote:Hello,

That all thanks at all!

There's a mineral detector mod (that I couldn't find using search...)

http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=615

Post 33 and 34 have two versions (no lava)

my Geiger counter mod works for mese and nyan cat
Mudslide mod Click Here

Dan Duncombe

by Dan Duncombe » Thu Jun 27, 2013 07:05

Also, maybe try the tricorder mod. You punch a node with the tricorder, and any node that is an ore, even if it is from mods, that is nearby, will have it's cooordinates given in the chat.

kutkuhunter98

by kutkuhunter98 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 15:05

Would someone redo the more furnaces mod? that was a nice mod, but it is severely outdated. It is in the old mods section of the forums. Thank you.

Johnyknowhow

In-game: Minetestian

by Johnyknowhow » Thu Jun 27, 2013 17:03

Bigger blasts, like Adam's TNT mod, but more bombs and bigger ones, like a nuke could be cool, it would make for great for mining, like Adam's TNT usually blow at about 5 brick, you could have a 10 brick, a 25 brick a 50 brick and 100 brick blast for other explosives...
I lost interest in Minetest for a couple of years and... I am still not really paying much attention. I rarely browse these forums anymore but it's nice to see old faces.

obligatory fancy signature goes here

Shizumov

by Shizumov » Fri Jun 28, 2013 06:16

Thanks for the tricorder i'ts proper easy to use and nice!

DeepGaze

GitHub: DeepGaze
IRC: DeepGaze
In-game: DeepGaze

by DeepGaze » Fri Jun 28, 2013 14:46

aether like realm set s a a re-spawn point that links to the ground
there's no place like 127.0.0.1
The deep life Minetest text page
minetest cards

PreviousNext

Return to Modding Discussion