Post your mod requests/ideas here

Chinchow

by Chinchow » Sun Jan 20, 2013 20:43

How about a mod that spawns a kingdom near first spawn?
Sometimes, it's harder to think up a mod than it is to create it.
Mods: Orichalcum Stonebricks Extra Chests

Traxie21

by Traxie21 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 21:11

jojoa1997 wrote:
jojoa1997 wrote:could someone make a mod that adds mud and dry mud. i want to build a quick shelter but dirt just doesnt seem sensible so i thought why not mud. Then i remembered this game doesnt have mud. the one thing that it must have is a easy recipe that you can make from the begining

has anyone taken up this project. also mud would be like a liquid that you either have to cook ar place on dry land to get dry mud.

I was working on this, got a TON of progress done on it..... AND
My SD card corrupted itself, lost a ton of work files, and all my in-progress mod files.

SUPER PISSED.

I'll get around to finishing this soon.

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 21:31

Traxie21 wrote:
jojoa1997 wrote:
jojoa1997 wrote:could someone make a mod that adds mud and dry mud. i want to build a quick shelter but dirt just doesnt seem sensible so i thought why not mud. Then i remembered this game doesnt have mud. the one thing that it must have is a easy recipe that you can make from the begining

has anyone taken up this project. also mud would be like a liquid that you either have to cook ar place on dry land to get dry mud.

I was working on this, got a TON of progress done on it..... AND
My SD card corrupted itself, lost a ton of work files, and all my in-progress mod files.

SUPER PISSED.

I'll get around to finishing this soon.
thanks
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right

Traxie21

by Traxie21 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 22:33

Be warned, this version of mud is highly erosive, and if left alone, can dig a massive cave system, littering it with dirt.

Fortunately, this erosive mud can only be achived by letting flowing sandmud (found at the edges of bodies of water) contact dirt.

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 22:34

Traxie21 wrote:Be warned, this version of mud is highly erosive, and if left alone, can dig a massive cave system, littering it with dirt.

Fortunately, this erosive mud can only be achived by letting flowing sandmud (found at the edges of bodies of water) contact dirt.
what types of mud are there. and can they dry into blocks.
Last edited by jojoa1997 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 22:34, edited 1 time in total.
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging

Traxie21

by Traxie21 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 22:36

Sandmud: WIP, dosnt do much ATM.

Mud: HIGHLY EROSIVE: dries into dirt. is capable of adding more source blocks to itself, and will spread as far as it possibly can. If controlled, can dig out areas for you, without you having to do it yourself.

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 22:53

Traxie21 wrote:Sandmud: WIP, dosnt do much ATM.

Mud: HIGHLY EROSIVE: dries into dirt. is capable of adding more source blocks to itself, and will spread as far as it possibly can. If controlled, can dig out areas for you, without you having to do it yourself.
could you make it dry into like a hardened mud cause my idea was to get mud and then dry it to make a harder dirt.
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging

Traxie21

by Traxie21 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 01:10

I could. I only use dirt ATM because the mud is just a darker texture of the dirt.
The main thing I aim to do with this is to make it a controlled mining/large-area-terraforming tool, with disasterous consquences if used improperly. >:D

Uploading a demo vid ATM
Last edited by Traxie21 on Thu Jan 24, 2013 01:47, edited 1 time in total.

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 01:49

Traxie21 wrote:I could. I only use dirt ATM because the mud is just a darker texture of the dirt.
The main thing I aim to do with this is to make it a controlled mining/large-area-terraforming tool, with disasterous consquences if used improperly. >:D

Uploading a demo vid ATM
awsome +10
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging

Traxie21

by Traxie21 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 15:02

Vid didn't upload properly.

I can't work on this today, but I'll try to make a release by Monday.

Its both fun and annoying, I keep running into problems that are so easy to fix, but I invent complicated solutions that only half-work.

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 19:30

can someone someone make a mod that allows you to choose the seed when in the client
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging

AspireMint

by AspireMint » Sat Jan 26, 2013 23:22

Hello,
my idea - mod that download (only yours) buildings (from multiplayer) to pc, so you can save your work, and use it in singleplayer :)
(because everything what you see is loaded to pc, so we need script on client side that save your work)
Is it possible?
Home, Album
“The best way to cheer yourself is to cheer somebody else up.” ― Albert Einstein
“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.” ― Steve Martin :D

Casimir

by Casimir » Sun Jan 27, 2013 16:30

Could be done using worldedit. But the server would have to install the mod.

neko259

by neko259 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 17:12

Mod request: mod package manager.

You have a file named repos.list which contains mod repository links list. Mod repositories can be rsync, git, mercurial etc. A repository is a folder with some files named: modname.mod

Example modname.mod:

Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
name=Mod name
description=Some mod
min_minetest_version=0.4.1234
max_minetest_version=0.4.4634
depends=default,flowers,othermod
src=http://link_to_mod_folder

And you have some modmanager.sh script with search, info, install, remove commands. I would implement that by myself but I don't have enough time for this.

I think you already understood I stole the idea from portage, but simplified it a bit :)
Bitcoin donations: 18r66dJmUjwTmWRTFnorpGMzs8d4B8jzbw

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 17:15

Traxie21 wrote:Sandmud: WIP, dosnt do much ATM.

when will you make a topic with a release
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Sun Jan 27, 2013 17:31

AspireMint wrote:my idea - mod that download (only yours) buildings (from multiplayer) to pc, so you can save your work, and use it in singleplayer :)

That would be great! Right now, we could write a mod that works on the server and sends the area e.g. via email or loads it up somewhere. The client has the data about the nodes somewhere. Big problem here: How do you select which area you want to be saved? Also it might be intresting if the client would cache received chunks so that they are present the next time the client connects and only changed chunks have to be sent again. That might make it easier to view huge areas and save bandwith.
A list of my mods can be found here.

AspireMint

by AspireMint » Sun Jan 27, 2013 18:20

I mean mode only on client side. (but then its cheating? :S)
- "How do you select which area you want to be saved?"
by walking :) , so everythink what you see (and its yours = you are owner of land) will be automatically saved to your pc.
start/stop recording: with command?
Home, Album
“The best way to cheer yourself is to cheer somebody else up.” ― Albert Einstein
“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.” ― Steve Martin :D

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Sun Jan 27, 2013 19:41

AspireMint wrote:- "How do you select which area you want to be saved?"
by walking :) , so everythink what you see (and its yours = you are owner of land) will be automatically saved to your pc.

Saving everything might be possible. Local commands don't work with the current LUA interface. And your client has no idea which land you own :-) It's something that needs to be done at the c++ level.
Some people seem to have modified their clients so that they can more or less fly without the fly priv.
A list of my mods can be found here.

sfan5

GitHub: sfan5
IRC: sfan5

by sfan5 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 20:36

neko259 wrote:Mod request: mod package manager.

You have a file named repos.list which contains mod repository links list. Mod repositories can be rsync, git, mercurial etc. A repository is a folder with some files named: modname.mod

Example modname.mod:

Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
name=Mod name
description=Some mod

And you have some modmanager.sh script with search, info, install, remove commands. I would implement that by myself but I don't have enough time for this.

I think you already understood I stole the idea from portage, but simplified it a bit :)

The min_... and max_minetest_version can't be done, but i made one.
http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=618
Mods: Mesecons | WorldEdit | Nuke
Minetest builds for Windows (32-bit & 64-bit)

RAPHAEL

by RAPHAEL » Sun Jan 27, 2013 21:08

sfan5 wrote:
neko259 wrote:Mod request: mod package manager.

Example modname.mod:

name=Mod name
description=Some mod

The min_... and max_minetest_version can't be done, but i made one.
http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=618

There is also a simple bash (linux) mod installer and windows mod installer I've done:
http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=4459 (bash)
http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=4477 (windows)
"Before you speak, ask yourself: Is it kind, is it true, is it necessary, does it improve upon the silence?"
My mods: http://goo.gl/n4kpn
(Currently Various, Industrial, Fakeblocks, Jail, MoarCraft, Christmas, Replicator, minetest dev installer for linux, bash mod installer, windows mod installer)

BZab

by BZab » Mon Jan 28, 2013 21:12

I'm too lazy to check, it wasn't posted here before :P
Elevator - not as in minecraft, but as moving platform... maybe using code from UFO, boats or carts ;)
We can put rail on wall (vertical, maybe horizontal too), and platform will be moving with us...

cactuz_pl

by cactuz_pl » Tue Jan 29, 2013 14:57

Sokomine wrote:
AspireMint wrote:- "How do you select which area you want to be saved?"

Saving everything might be possible. Local commands don't work with the current LUA interface. And your client has no idea which land you own :-) It's something that needs to be done at the c++ level.
Some people seem to have modified their clients so that they can more or less fly without the fly priv.

Is it possible to save loaded (in cache) terrain as world file?

Edit: http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=4619
Last edited by cactuz_pl on Tue Jan 29, 2013 16:44, edited 1 time in total.
Nope

kbobdc3

by kbobdc3 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 21:23

Someone needs to make TNT that only has a horizontal blast, for clearing floors and stuff
I'm not stupid, I'm weak minded

cactuz_pl

by cactuz_pl » Thu Jan 31, 2013 18:07

Idea: Instant house, wall, monument or something else.

First 10 seconds: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHU8MhlrwoM

I think it can "grow"/"appear" like trees.
Nope

rubenwardy

GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Thu Jan 31, 2013 18:24

cactuz_pl wrote:Idea: Instant house, wall, monument or something else.

First 10 seconds: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHU8MhlrwoM

I think it can "grow"/"appear" like trees.

cornernote made a mod like this, with npc's

VanessaE

GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaEzekowitz

by VanessaE » Thu Jan 31, 2013 19:41

In theory, the L-System tree generation code could be abused to spawn whole buildings, big or small, as long as they only need a max of three materials and the shape can be reduced to a series of turtle commands.
You might like some of my stuff:
Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (16-512px)
Tips (BTC): 13LdcdUFcNCFAm7HfvAXh5GHTjCnnQj6KE

pandaro

GitHub: pandaro

by pandaro » Fri Feb 01, 2013 08:30

A system to protect an area, only if the owner is not connected to the server; if you are connected you protect the area alone.
sorry for bad english
Linux debian 7 wheezy 64
kde

markveidemanis

by markveidemanis » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:39

[REQUEST] make a chatcommand reset the global map to a predefined map, maybe addon for worldedit.
make sure it resets the WHOLE map, not just the loaded chunks. could be done with python to replace a file, but this needs to be done in-game.
BitCoin: 1Eq4arvykGNa1YC2DbJpWcwGfMvtFGjAoR

rarkenin

by rarkenin » Sun Feb 03, 2013 13:38

markveidemanis wrote:[REQUEST] make a chatcommand reset the global map to a predefined map, maybe addon for worldedit.
make sure it resets the WHOLE map, not just the loaded chunks. could be done with python to replace a file, but this needs to be done in-game.

You can use Python+SQLite to do anything you want with the file. It won't cause issues. Read below:

When any process wants to write, it must lock the entire database file for the duration of its update. But that normally only takes a few milliseconds. Other processes just wait on the writer to finish then continue about their business. Other embedded SQL database engines typically only allow a single process to connect to the database at once.
Admin pro tempore on 0gb.us:30000. Ask me if you have a problem, or just want help.
This is a signature virus. Add me to your signature so that I can multiply.
Now working on my own clone, Mosstest.
I guess I'm back for some time.

markveidemanis

by markveidemanis » Wed Feb 06, 2013 14:16

So basically, i want to make a python program to replace a file? That doesn't sound too hard...
But what about for only part of a map?
BitCoin: 1Eq4arvykGNa1YC2DbJpWcwGfMvtFGjAoR

PreviousNext

Return to Modding Discussion