What I am dreaming about, for MineTest...

JiCeyCraft

What I am dreaming about, for MineTest...

by JiCeyCraft » Tue Jan 31, 2017 16:56

... is THIS :

- Nether Mod :
To make the Nether attractive, there should be a Structure to look for (a Dark Tower) where you could find a Treasure Chest. And the Treasure should be : the components of an other Portal to an other Realm. Of course, there would be Monsters to fight while you would be searching for the Tower.

This Realm would be deeper than the Nether. This Realm would be the antithesis of the Nether.
And there would be an other Structure to look for (a White Tower) where you could find either a Dragon Egg or the Dragon Himself. You would have to fight Guardians to free the Dragon to make Him a true mighty friend for the real world.

This would be a new MOD, of course. And its name would represent what it is made for.
It would have to be compatible with both versions 0.4.13 and 0.4.14.

That would be great. This could add a Quest to MineTest.

What do you think of this idea?

taikedz

GitHub: taikedz
IRC: DuCake
In-game: DuCake

Re: What I am dreaming about, for MineTest...

by taikedz » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:51

Deeper than the nether: you'd have to use a modified nether mod, as nether goes down as far as it can, as far as I recall.... TBC

White Tower - this would be part of some map gen. Look maybe at the big_trees mod for examples of towering structures in a mapgen

Dragon Egg / dragon , in structures - maybe look at NSSM + NSSB for this kind of example. Pair NSSM with big_trees and you might have some interesting results.

You might want to start modding if you want this.... large task ;-)

http://rubenwardy.com/minetest_modding_book/
http://dev.minetest.net/

Naj

GitHub: pyrollo
In-game: naj

by Naj » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:02

In a more general way, I'm sometimes thinking about very rare objects in minetest.

They would be difficult or very difficult to find and could be used for crafting powerfull stuff (like some magical potions / weapons / Tools).

TenPlus1

GitHub: tenplus1

by TenPlus1 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 13:19

Ethereal has a few of these, namely the Crystal Gilly Staff, Staff of Light and Mobs Redo has the Lava Pick :)

npx

In-game: npx

by npx » Wed Feb 01, 2017 22:02

I think that Nssm(+nssb) tries to offer what you are dreaming... Nssb generates a new dimension, Morlendor, where there are many hostile mobs with particular abilities, by defeating them and gathering the items that they drop you can craft 8 special weapons that grants great powers (explosions, teleporting, draining life, exchanging life with the mobs, teleporting far away the mobs...). In addiction there is a final boss, waiting somewhere in Morlendor in a very big arena, that when defeated drop an item even more powerful than the others!
The video is maybe more informative... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBuAi1sQJxQ

Return to Modding Discussion