schematic collection

burli

schematic collection

by burli » Fri Feb 03, 2017 07:36

Minetest has a lot of projects, but they are loosely spread over the internet or on a harddrive at home.

I want to request everybody to share schematics in this thread, preferably with screenshot. Doesn't matter if it is a mts file or raw data. It could be an upload as zip file or a link to a webpage.

If any special nodes or textures are needed please add them to the zip file or add a link to the related mod.

And don't forget the licence if it is your own work

It doesn't matter if it is a tree, a house, a gigant bunny, a fountain or whatever. Everything that helps to make a Minetest Subgame or a server more diversified is welcome

kaeza

GitHub: kaeza
IRC: kaeza diemartin blaaaaargh
In-game: kaeza

Re: schematic collection

by kaeza » Fri Feb 03, 2017 09:15

This other topic could be used for that: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7304
Your signature is not the place for a blog post. Please keep it as concise as possible. Thank you!

Check out my stuff! | Donations greatly appreciated! PayPal | BTC: 1DFZAa5VtNG7Levux4oP6BuUzr1e83pJK2

burli

by burli » Fri Feb 03, 2017 09:42

World Edit Files are no schematics. Please don't mix this cause is will be harder to find what you want

burli

by burli » Tue Feb 14, 2017 13:02

I will add my first lua schematic. It's the huge baobab tree. I use the default acacia nodes, but that can easily changed

Attachments
screenshot_20170214_140039.jpg
screenshot_20170214_140039.jpg (58.36 KiB) Viewed 2729 times
baobab3.lua.zip
(894 Bytes) Downloaded 165 times

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Sat Apr 01, 2017 15:56

burli wrote:World Edit Files are no schematics. Please don't mix this cause is will be harder to find what you want

The .we format from WorldEdit is a diffrent storage format than .mts from MT's schematics. So far I can follow. But: What is it you actually want? Both formats can technically be converted into each other. Is it decorations for mapgen you're looking after? Your tree suggests so. Thus, my houses from mg_villages would probably not be what you want to collect here, although they're definitely .mts files?
A list of my mods can be found here.

burli

by burli » Sat Apr 01, 2017 16:00

Best format for me is a lua schematic. It's the most flexible format. And as far as I know we files don't support something, but I don't remember what it was

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Sat Apr 01, 2017 18:09

burli wrote:Best format for me is a lua schematic. It's the most flexible format. And as far as I know we files don't support something, but I don't remember what it was

:-) I like the .mts file format a lot more than .we as well. But if you even forgot which advantage it has it's probably less improtant. The only point I could think of would be the probability. .mts can define a probability for each horizontal layer to spawn (good for creating trees of diffrent height) and for each node to spawn. That's relevant for decorations used by mapgen.

If it's just about sharing structures in general, the share-your-WorldEdit-files threat might be sufficient. I see no reason why not to share .mts files there as well.
A list of my mods can be found here.

Return to Modding Discussion