Post your mod requests/ideas here

jenova99sephiros

In-game: Jenova

by jenova99sephiros » Thu Sep 26, 2013 14:18

Please Adventurecraft clone
I english google translator

darthvader

by darthvader » Fri Sep 27, 2013 13:06

Ummmm, microphone talk. Almost like mineskype... sorta. If it is possible, make a mod like that.
Q. Why cant you write with a broken pencil?
A. Because its not in minetest.
(The original answer is "Because it's pointless.")

ElectricSolstice

by ElectricSolstice » Sat Sep 28, 2013 19:28

Is there a mod that either removes all of your inventory upon death and NOT put it into a bones, or a mod that puts your inventory into an undead mob of some sort. Maybe like a bones node that when you return to the area that you die in, it ends up turning into an enemy upon click or time, instead of letting you just take back your inventory. I want a mod that'll make death hurt more than the bones mod does. As such, let me know if there's already a mod like this.

TenPlus1

GitHub: tenplus1

by TenPlus1 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 08:23

ElectricSolstice wrote:Is there a mod that either removes all of your inventory upon death and NOT put it into a bones, or a mod that puts your inventory into an undead mob of some sort. Maybe like a bones node that when you return to the area that you die in, it ends up turning into an enemy upon click or time, instead of letting you just take back your inventory. I want a mod that'll make death hurt more than the bones mod does. As such, let me know if there's already a mod like this.

That sounds quite cool, having to fight your undead self to reclaim your items... nice!

Casimir

by Casimir » Sun Sep 29, 2013 14:18

Easiest way: make an ABM for bones that spawns e.g. simplemobs.

Dan Duncombe

by Dan Duncombe » Sun Sep 29, 2013 17:52

Casimir wrote:Easiest way: make an ABM for bones that spawns e.g. simplemobs.

My zombies game spawns a wraith when you die, that attacks you.
Some Mods: Castles Prefab Camouflage
My Games: Nostalgia Realtest Revamped
Servers: See above games.

BC2013

by BC2013 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 19:34

Can you make a good,well,working animal mod for minetest 0.4.7? cuz like i tried the other one not 2 good and animals dont walk could u do sumtin like dat? dat be great thnx

BC2013

Element

IRC: Elementwing4962
In-game: Elementwing4962

by Element » Mon Sep 30, 2013 22:14

i think there should be a mod that makes everything into steel but different color steel...like for dirt and grass, the grass part would be green and the dirt would be brown steel
Join Me And My Team - thornfyregaming-mc.noip.me:25565

My Server Is 1.7.9

DeepGaze

GitHub: DeepGaze
IRC: DeepGaze
In-game: DeepGaze

by DeepGaze » Wed Oct 02, 2013 17:05

can a block say mesecon wire be used under water without being full of air. i would like to submerge items and make them inconspicuous.
there's no place like 127.0.0.1
The deep life Minetest text page
minetest cards

Topywo

by Topywo » Wed Oct 02, 2013 18:29

DeepGaze wrote:can a block say mesecon wire be used under water without being full of air. i would like to submerge items and make them inconspicuous.

You mean like this?

I used the 'noairblocks' mod from the 'sea-modpack' + I put 'sea=1' in the groups= of the nods of the blinky plant, wire and lightblock.

(Possible) problems:
- The water nodes are changed, meaning you better don't use this in the top 2 water rows (y -1 and -2)
- It uses ABM's. Maybe that causes lower FPS (in combination with other heavy mods)

Other ways (with their own difficulties::
- Use nodeblocks. The textures 'sticking out' of the 'normal block' have no airblock
- use entities
- try this out (explained by Sokomine: https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?pid=101965#p101965

AspireMint

by AspireMint » Sun Oct 06, 2013 13:34

Hello.
Idea: Chess, 1 block=1 figurine
[spoiler](qwrwed's chessboard) Image[/spoiler]
Home, Album
“The best way to cheer yourself is to cheer somebody else up.” ― Albert Einstein
“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.” ― Steve Martin :D

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Sun Oct 06, 2013 15:16

AspireMint wrote:Idea: Chess, 1 block=1 figurine

There seems to be a mod doing that more or less already: chess
A list of my mods can be found here.

AspireMint

by AspireMint » Sun Oct 06, 2013 16:12

Wow, thanks.
Home, Album
“The best way to cheer yourself is to cheer somebody else up.” ― Albert Einstein
“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.” ― Steve Martin :D

Azuna

by Azuna » Sun Oct 06, 2013 16:47

i want a mod where you can have premade stores, houses, a whole premade community. all of it vacant, maybe a few NPCS. that would be flippin' awesome! i also want mobs like vampires, freankenstien, and farmyard animals. maybe you could choose when you start it to live in the city, suburbs, or country, and you could use money, be a mkiner, carpenter, or craftman.

Topywo

by Topywo » Sun Oct 06, 2013 16:53

Azuna wrote:i want a mod where you can have premade stores, houses, a whole premade community. all of it vacant, maybe a few NPCS. that would be flippin' awesome! i also want mobs like vampires, freankenstien, and farmyard animals. maybe you could choose when you start it to live in the city, suburbs, or country, and you could use money, be a mkiner, carpenter, or craftman.

I also saw some other of your posts. You'll find some of the mods you want in the first pages under mod releases.

Keep in mind that most mods (sometimes only) work best with the latest minetest build (daily unstable/github version https://github.com/minetest/minetest)

Some latest versions of mods, for example the moresores, are updated to work with the latest build(s) and don't work with older (for example 0.4.4) versions.

Edit: some extra info
Last edited by Topywo on Sun Oct 06, 2013 16:55, edited 1 time in total.

ajovicic1503

by ajovicic1503 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 17:24

Can some one make a MiniMap mod for Minetest pls.

DeepGaze

by DeepGaze » Sun Oct 13, 2013 01:55

is there a mod that adds a *player 2* so you could move your player 2 and solve puzzles
if not here is my concept switching by a command(/-ps) and removing it by another (/-pd) adding with (/-pa)
this would be granted by a object like a hat [spoiler]crafting idea:
[X,W,X] W=darkgrey wool
[W,M,W] M=mese crystal
[S,M,S] S=steel ingot[/spoiler]
I hope this is a good idea
minetest cards

DeepGaze

by DeepGaze » Thu Oct 24, 2013 21:34

unsure where to post: can you replace a block with another map-wide. i know it might use the sqlite file but that is the full of my knowlage
minetest cards

yousmell24

by yousmell24 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 14:22

How about something like optifine for slower computer for those who get 5FPS
OR tMI TOO MANY ITEMS

Evergreen

GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen

by Evergreen » Sat Oct 26, 2013 14:28

yousmell24 wrote:How about something like optifine for slower computer for those who get 5FPS
OR tMI TOO MANY ITEMS
TMI, maybe, but what would be the point? Also, optifine in minetest is impossible. Good day sir.
"Help! I searched for a mod but I couldn't find it!"
http://krock-works.16mb.com/MTstuff/modSearch.php

Neuromancer

GitHub: Neuromancer56

by Neuromancer » Sat Oct 26, 2013 19:40

What about a Gold Rush Mod that has realistic gold mining. For example, you use a dozer to knock down the trees. Then you use a ripper to rip up the permafrost. Then a dozer to push the dirt away until you get to gravel just above stone. You load the gravel into washplant/Trommel that needs to be near to a watersource. You take out the miners moss and put it on a gold table to extract the gold. There could also be glory holes that are 70 feet deep that you dig for with big machinery, and you have to pump out water that keeps pouring in. I think pipeworks would help with this mod. You could even do drilling to find out what spots are more gold rich.

jenova99sephiros

In-game: Jenova

by jenova99sephiros » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:30

I want Skyrim Blocks MOD!

It will add a block of Skyrim various!
Wall of example Dwarf ruins, such as stone sharpener
I english google translator

sifrax

by sifrax » Mon Nov 11, 2013 20:42

What about mod Space? Or space station.

mectus11

by mectus11 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 18:57

jojoa1997 wrote:Equivalent Exchange 3 mod

How about I tell you that I'm working on an EE2/Thaumcraft mod that gathers the both in one single mod?
Would you play it?
Sup, I'm Fadi and you're reading this.
Main project
My mod

paramat

GitHub: paramat

by paramat » Fri Nov 15, 2013 19:49

sifrax wrote:What about mod Space? Or space station.

See my mods, also slabworld and slabrealm are 'bishop ring' habitats.
I rely on donations to help provide an income https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14935

Enke

GitHub: NANOsoldierEnke
IRC: Enke
In-game: Enke

by Enke » Sat Nov 16, 2013 03:23

Making use of Minetest's amazing world height, a mod similar to this, which would essentially force people to play underground and attempt to survive. I can think of a few ways to do this.I have no modding experience, so I don't know the limits of the engine, so therefore these ideas are just random brainstorms.
  • Make it so that players over a certain y coordinate take damage.
  • Use part of Blockmen's code that he used for his Wasteland game (here) that removes naturally generating water.
  • Make it so that fires start on dirt_with_grass, wood, and leaves.
  • Edit the skybox to make the sun texture large and red
  • Make a way for players to have protective armor to explore the surface, but make it extremely hard to obtain. (e.g. made out of mese)

Again, these are just some ideas, so please let me know what would be possible and what wouldn't. I listed these in the order I feel they are the most critical to the mod.

*Edit* if anyone can think of some unique reasons for the fires/ damage/ water disappearing, don't hesitate to tell me. The theme doesn't have to be solar apocalypse, and if so, disregard point #4.
Last edited by Enke on Sun Nov 17, 2013 04:07, edited 1 time in total.
Lush8
ExtraVars for Red Eclipse

<Anarchid> my turn was still the most awesome, yielding all the cripples, two captured paranormals, and death rate of about 30%
<ORCACommander> Anarchid: you need to work harder
<ORCACommander> I am hereby putting you under review until you can increase the casualty rate

TenPlus1

GitHub: tenplus1

by TenPlus1 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 16:16

01. We have mobs on land, underground and even on trees but nothing in the water... A fish mod is out there but how about an evil mob that tries to pull you under the water and drown you.

02. A defence mod would help stop griefers by protecting your land and fighting them off for you while you aren't around. A Weeping Angel (yep, Doctor Who) who looks like an ordinary statue could creep up on your while you aren't looking and when caught damage your health and maybe teleport you away from the protected area.

03. Minecraft has the iron golem so why not a Mese Golem, but unlike Minecraft you need Mithril to bring him to life so he can wander around your grounds and attack anyone that isn't you.

04. MoreBlocks has trap blocks that look solid but lets the user fall straight through, so how about some spikes at the bottom that takes 1 heart damage each time you touch them.

05. A dispenser that connects to a switch and allows you to throw out arrows (throwing mod), mobs (mob eggs) and other items when activated.

BrandonReese

GitHub: bremaweb
IRC: BrandonReese
In-game: BrandonReese

by BrandonReese » Sun Nov 17, 2013 03:05

Election Mod

I setup a server kind of as an experiment. Brand new map. I built a small gazebo at spawn and protected the initial spawn point. No moderators, users can protect their own land, free reign, blah blah blah. Then I had what I thought was a brilliant idea, moderators should be elected. It started with the idea to vote on banning problem users, if a majority of online users voted to ban a person they would get a ban, but then I got the idea of electing moderators. This election mod would have several stages and requirements for admins to set:

Players are nominated, it should be an option whether they can nominate themselves or not.
Server admins should be able to set a few requirements for nominees,
1) such as how long they have been on the server
2) how often they log in,
3) maybe it's a stretch but how active they are (e.g. if they build and mine often or just lurk around)
4) If one of the money mods is installed admin could require a payment to be on the ballot

Server admin should be able to set the length of the term, whether it's a couple weeks or a month
Server admin should be able to setup multiple positions, and set what privs each position gets. Whether they just have a couple moderator spots that are the same, or if they have a tiered system. For simplicity, instead of having people select what position they are running for, player with the most votes would get the top spot, second most would get the second spot, etc...
Server admin should be able to setup a black list, this goes a little against the idea of freedom and self governance I'm going for but we all know there will be players that just shouldn't be allowed to be allowed extra power no matter what.

I figured elections should start 75% of the way through the current term (or this % could be set by the admin). Having elections run multiple days gives more players the option to participate. For instance if moderators were serving a 2 week term, people could start voting the last 3.5 days of the term. Nominations for the next term should probably be able to be made at any point.

When the term is over, the existing moderators would have their privs revoked. It would be seamless, because the election results would be ready when the term ended so the newly elected moderators would automatically have their news privs set.

So that's a rough framework of what I had in mind. I would like to start this mod but I just don't have the time, so if anybody else finds it interesting take a stab at it.

Enke

GitHub: NANOsoldierEnke
IRC: Enke
In-game: Enke

by Enke » Sun Nov 17, 2013 19:27

Unsure if this could be accomplished due to engine limitations, but would it be possible to have the player hold a torch (e.g., have it selected in their hotbar) and have the area around the player light up?
Lush8
ExtraVars for Red Eclipse

<Anarchid> my turn was still the most awesome, yielding all the cripples, two captured paranormals, and death rate of about 30%
<ORCACommander> Anarchid: you need to work harder
<ORCACommander> I am hereby putting you under review until you can increase the casualty rate

LionsDen

by LionsDen » Sun Nov 17, 2013 20:47

Enke wrote:Unsure if this could be accomplished due to engine limitations, but would it be possible to have the player hold a torch (e.g., have it selected in their hotbar) and have the area around the player light up?

There are mods that do that, but on my machine (which is old) it slows the game down significantly. Here is one that I found but I haven't tried it since June or July so no clue if it works with the current version of minetest.

https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=2621

PreviousNext

Return to Modding Discussion