Post your mod requests/ideas here

Teotti-sama00

by Teotti-sama00 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 16:48

snow biomas for 0.4.4 ver.

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Mon Feb 18, 2013 17:43

Snow biomes exist already thanks to the snow mod. It works very good and fast.
A list of my mods can be found here.

chase programer

by chase programer » Wed Feb 20, 2013 23:10

hey can anyone make a gun powder mod but like an ore that you find ?????
Back and ready to help with this amazing community that i lost.

TheRamon

by TheRamon » Sat Feb 23, 2013 22:37

A better Nether/Aether Mod.
Would it be possible to generate A nether-like realm deep below the surface that players could just dig down too? Really deep down of course. I was think of Making an ore that could be mined and used to make a special pickaxe just to break through the bedrock, and then into the nether.

I know there is a pretty cool nether mod already, but it doesnt work for me. the game always freezes and crashes when I enter the portal. Plus, I just like the idea of all the realms being one.

For the Aether, it would be the same concept, except in the sky. Above the clouds, with giant floating islands, and a Castle or two.

I Just started getting into modding today, and I'm trying to do some basic stuff, and maybe build something like this later on, if its possible.

Can anyone with more modding experience tell me if my ideas can be used, and if so, if it will affect gameplay at all? (Lag, slow load time, etc.)

Feedback on the idea or help implementing it would be appreciated.

Traxie21

by Traxie21 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 22:39

Giant floating islands: Check the flolands mod by parmat. I'm working on portals to it, but its low priority for me.

TheRamon

by TheRamon » Sat Feb 23, 2013 22:42

Traxie21 wrote:Giant floating islands: Check the flolands mod by parmat. I'm working on portals to it, but its low priority for me.

Cool. I'll check it out.

wtebmaster

by wtebmaster » Sun Feb 24, 2013 08:32

Hi guys, I've been kicking around the idea of a Minetest character for us to use in 3rd person. So based on the designs by my brother and I, I've come up with a 3D rendering in Blender (for those of you that don't know, it's a free animation/modeling/video editing/game engine program). I've modelled and rigged it, but I don't have any animations as of yet (but they can be added later). So I came up with this (would attach but I currently don't know how). But because I wanted it to look unlike Minecraft characters, I made the head thinner and the ability to bend at the elbows and knees. The multicolored body parts are so that you can see what body parts are which.

The thing is, I have absolutely no idea how to get this guy into the game. Lua coders out there - I need your help!
Last edited by wtebmaster on Sun Feb 24, 2013 08:46, edited 1 time in total.

antoniX

by antoniX » Mon Feb 25, 2013 21:56

we need a sea life mod that not only adds fish and a rod but adds things like corrol vegatation and evan mineing oil its just an idea but give it a shot it has a chance
life is like a dream if so is wakeing up is : death
by me

Likwid H-Craft

by Likwid H-Craft » Mon Feb 25, 2013 22:03

antoniX wrote:we need a sea life mod that not only adds fish and a rod but adds things like corrol vegatation and evan mineing oil its just an idea but give it a shot it has a chance

Been made.
http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=4627
My Domain's/others:
http://likwidtest.hj.cx/ (Not Done)

ch98

by ch98 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 00:27

I think a mod that creates layers of rocks will be good. Different types of rocks at different depth.
Mudslide mod Click Here

musicfreak34

by musicfreak34 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 19:16

Hello guys,

we have some great mods here like the car mod or the boat mod (thanks PilzAdam :) ).

But what about an airplane mod? (a plane for more than one person i think will be greate like a Boeing 747)

And a elevator mod would be greate too, maybe big enougth to transport the boeing with it (I know it is always in the treat)
Last edited by musicfreak34 on Tue Feb 26, 2013 19:32, edited 1 time in total.
You have no chance, so use.

When is the release of the next minetestversion? ;-)

Shizaku

by Shizaku » Wed Feb 27, 2013 08:23

can someone make me a rune mod pack something for a really cool stonehenge im makeing. i would like to put a circle around it all runes just a stone backround if you can.

kaeza

GitHub: kaeza
IRC: kaeza diemartin blaaaaargh
In-game: kaeza

by kaeza » Thu Feb 28, 2013 19:12

musicfreak34 wrote:Hello guys,

we have some great mods here like the car mod or the boat mod (thanks PilzAdam :) ).

But what about an airplane mod? (a plane for more than one person i think will be greate like a Boeing 747)

And a elevator mod would be greate too, maybe big enougth to transport the boeing with it (I know it is always in the treat)

Well, there's a "UFO" mod that provides...well...an Unidentified Flying Object :)
Maybe that can be slightly modified to achieve controls more like a plane.
Shizaku wrote:can someone make me a rune mod pack something for a really cool stonehenge im makeing. i would like to put a circle around it all runes just a stone backround if you can.

That would be relatively easy to do: just make it so when placing a node, eight pillars/runes/whatever are placed as well in a quasi circular pattern. I'd do that myself...once I get some inspiration to do something :)
Last edited by kaeza on Thu Feb 28, 2013 19:13, edited 1 time in total.
Your signature is not the place for a blog post. Please keep it as concise as possible. Thank you!

Check out my stuff! | Donations greatly appreciated! PayPal | BTC: 1DFZAa5VtNG7Levux4oP6BuUzr1e83pJK2

kbobdc3

by kbobdc3 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 21:12

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!
make an undo/redo mod!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm not stupid, I'm weak minded

kaeza

GitHub: kaeza
IRC: kaeza diemartin blaaaaargh
In-game: kaeza

by kaeza » Thu Feb 28, 2013 21:32

kbobdc3 wrote:PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!
make an undo/redo mod!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

err...rollback?
Your signature is not the place for a blog post. Please keep it as concise as possible. Thank you!

Check out my stuff! | Donations greatly appreciated! PayPal | BTC: 1DFZAa5VtNG7Levux4oP6BuUzr1e83pJK2

rulion.burg

by rulion.burg » Fri Mar 01, 2013 04:00

Please tell me how to installing mod on windows,, am from indonesia,, and i want make server for indonesian people,, because me and my friend can play in the other server,, there problem is about language, can talk with other user in other country,,, thank for the help,, peace from indonesia to u all
Just play game and want have a friend

Sorry my bad english

prestidigitator

by prestidigitator » Fri Mar 01, 2013 04:38

rulion.burg

by rulion.burg » Fri Mar 01, 2013 07:53

am was do that step by step,, but stell wont work in my server,,, am using windows,, am place mods on they suggestion folder,, but in game if i play not respone,, unknown empty item,,, that same if am added texture or mods

Sorry my bad english

Topywo

by Topywo » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:00

rulion.burg wrote:

am was do that step by step,, but stell wont work in my server,,, am using windows,, am place mods on they suggestion folder,, but in game if i play not respone,, unknown empty item,,, that same if am added texture or mods

No load error, but also no response. Did you only move / copy the mods to or did you extract / unzip the mods into the minetest folder ?

I (OS Lubuntu 12.10) extract / unzip them into:

/home/topywo/celeron55-minetest-30b9a4d-test/mods/minetest

There is standard a file in that folder / directory: mods_here.txt Ignore that one, but at least you know it is the right directory / folder

Example installed moreores mod:

/home/topywo/celeron55-minetest-30b9a4d-test/mods/minetest/moreores

rulion.burg

by rulion.burg » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:12

Topywo wrote:
rulion.burg wrote:

No load error, but also no response. Did you only move / copy the mods to or did you extract / unzip the mods into the minetest folder ?

I (OS Lubuntu 12.10) extract / unzip them into:

/home/topywo/celeron55-minetest-30b9a4d-test/mods/minetest

There is standard a file in that folder / directory: mods_here.txt Ignore that one, but at least you know it is the right directory / folder

Example installed moreores mod:

/home/topywo/celeron55-minetest-30b9a4d-test/mods/minetest/moreores

its work now... thank you all, am yesterday wrong put the file on other folder /minetest/mods, yes is wrong, so am tried to move the mod in folder /minetest/games/minetest_games/mods/ in here i paste the mod, and now work for my world...

sorry for my bad english, peace to you all from indonesia

am not use ubuntu, am using windows dekstop

Sorry my bad english

ch98

by ch98 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 05:28

is it possible to make coal driven force field?
Mudslide mod Click Here

Likwid H-Craft

by Likwid H-Craft » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:51

I don't think so...but it maybe possble if, do so work in the, API.
ch98 wrote:is it possible to make coal driven force field?
My Domain's/others:

Inocudom

IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Sun Mar 03, 2013 19:15

It would be nice if Minetest had multicolored lights.

Topywo

by Topywo » Sun Mar 03, 2013 19:27

Inocudom wrote:It would be nice if Minetest had multicolored lights.

Something like this ;-) ? Or more mixed colors, different shapes of the lightsource (I guess with nodebox) or blend colors?

Inocudom

by Inocudom » Sun Mar 03, 2013 20:35

Topywo wrote:
Inocudom wrote:It would be nice if Minetest had multicolored lights.

Something like this ;-) ? Or more mixed colors, different shapes of the lightsource (I guess with nodebox) or blend colors?

I was thinking more like the light being given of being of different colors.

Topywo

by Topywo » Sun Mar 03, 2013 20:57

Inocudom wrote:
I was thinking more like the light being given of being of different colors.

Okay, I understand what you mean. Something for C++ I guess.

Inocudom

by Inocudom » Sun Mar 03, 2013 23:25

I would imagine Minetest's engine being capable of colored environment lighting if given the proper coding. For example, nighttime lighting and torch lighting give off different colors of light. Colored environment lighting would make mods like bobblocks and homedecor more interesting.

Likwid H-Craft

by Likwid H-Craft » Sun Mar 03, 2013 23:41

Inocudom wrote:I would imagine Minetest's engine being capable of colored environment lighting if given the proper coding. For example, nighttime lighting and torch lighting give off different colors of light. Colored environment lighting would make mods like bobblocks and homedecor more interesting.

and lava :)
I am going see, I can make it work.
My Domain's/others:

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Sun Mar 03, 2013 23:44

Regarding light, there ought to be a way to create light sources that give off more light than the current max. It takes a lot of light sources to light a building. Sometimes it feels as if you have to plaster half the ceiling...
A list of my mods can be found here.

Inocudom

by Inocudom » Mon Mar 04, 2013 03:38

Likwid H-Craft wrote:
Inocudom wrote:I would imagine Minetest's engine being capable of colored environment lighting if given the proper coding. For example, nighttime lighting and torch lighting give off different colors of light. Colored environment lighting would make mods like bobblocks and homedecor more interesting.

and lava :)
I am going see, I can make it work.

I was thinking that lava and flames could give off an orange glow, but with lava being brighter.
Last edited by Inocudom on Mon Mar 04, 2013 03:41, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Return to Modding Discussion