Better controls for Android versions.

GhostGTO

Better controls for Android versions.

by GhostGTO » Wed Jul 30, 2014 09:27

I got to be honest, i really loved to know that Minetest has been ported to Android and is way better than MCPE for being close to the desktop versions. But i have a problem: The controls.

Yes, i know, most people prefer touch, but i am used to console controllers, keyboards and mouses.

I really would like to see a mapable controller support, like in Dead Trigger 2, where we could select what button we can use for shoot or run. I want to play this game on the go with my NVIDIA Shield or plugged to my TV with my DualShock 3.
Also, i would like to see a better keyboard support, some keys like ashes and slash does not work, resulting in a error message.
Another thing i would love to see is mouse support, the mouse is emulating the touch and i usually misplace blocks and is very annoying to move the camera with the touch emualation of the mouse.

Thank you.

Sokomine

Re: Better controls for Android versions.

by Sokomine » Wed Jul 30, 2014 14:35

I still wish for support for the motion sensors of phones/tablets so that you could walk around on a map by moving your phone around. Someone pointed out that that would be bad when i.e. using the train; Guess it would need to be optional.
A list of my mods can be found here.

GhostGTO

Re: Better controls for Android versions.

by GhostGTO » Fri Aug 01, 2014 22:22

Your idea is awesome. But many people like me only uses a Tablet if it has a Keyboard and Mouse or a Joypad/Controller. However, i think both ideas should be added to the next version.

Return to Minetest Features