Teleport travel

marvalis

Teleport travel

by marvalis » Mon Jun 20, 2011 13:21

Hello,

Since minetest world can become huge, it would be nice to be able to craft some kind of home teleportation device. It would be made out of rare materials. Stacking certain blocks in a certain order would for example create the teleportation gate. Then you would craft a handheld teleportation device to trigger the teleport. This way you can put a gate in your home, go on a mining trip all the way down, and teleport back.

Additionally, teleport gates (like stargates) should be made to travel from town to town. Players should be able to put them anywhere but they should require a lot of rare materials to make. Anyone can use them and they do not take up inventory space, unlike the home beacon+handheld device.

I think this feature is justified. All people do is build things. A stargate system would allow users to make their own travel hubs. It fits perfectly in the 'build your own game' that it is right now. Give players the gates, let them build the travel system.

neko259

by neko259 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 13:24

It would allow to implement multiworld and travel between worlds.
Bitcoin donations: 18r66dJmUjwTmWRTFnorpGMzs8d4B8jzbw

O'Hara

by O'Hara » Mon Jun 20, 2011 13:26

That sounds awesome, put one in your homes!
Going back to the padlock idea, maybe each person has a 4 digit code you can use to go to your pals place.
People can fly.

Piepenguin

by Piepenguin » Sun Jul 03, 2011 13:41

What a brilliant idea! The ability to teleport would add so much to the game, like being able to actually build a floating house without having ridiculous amounts of stairs just to get to it!

SegFault22

by SegFault22 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 03:25

Resources are abundant; only money is scarce. People should not have to work hard and remain poor just to pay for the needs of survival.
Society can thrive without money - but only if productive members of society are rewarded for being productive.

sfan5

GitHub: sfan5
IRC: sfan5

by sfan5 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 13:10

Don't answer to 1 Year old Threads
Mods: Mesecons | WorldEdit | Nuke
Minetest builds for Windows (32-bit & 64-bit)

DresdenMaine

by DresdenMaine » Mon Apr 15, 2013 17:38

sfan5 wrote:Don't answer to 1 Year old Threads

OK before i get too aggitated, first things first. it is an open thread, second it is a relevant thread no matter when it was last used. third not everyone has been part of minetest from the beginning. fourth why start a new thread for an old idea?, need i go on ?
welcom
etothen
extlevel

PilzAdam

GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Mon Apr 15, 2013 18:27

DresdenMaine wrote:
sfan5 wrote:Don't answer to 1 Year old Threads

OK before i get too aggitated, first things first. it is an open thread, second it is a relevant thread no matter when it was last used. third not everyone has been part of minetest from the beginning. fourth why start a new thread for an old idea?, need i go on ?

This topic is obsolete, we already have added an API and tens of teleport mods.

Return to Minetest Features