Better ways to determine average user post rate

ABJ

GitHub: ABJ-MV
In-game: ABJ

Better ways to determine average user post rate

by ABJ » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:42

Hi all.
I don't know if this is the right place to post but...
Recently, I've been posting 5-10 posts in a day for a few weeks in several threads, but my post rate remains at around 1.60-70 because I was absent for around 6 months. I'm thinking that Minetest Forums needs a better way to determine average post rate, such as updating once a week, once a month etc, instead of making a big average of all the user's posts over the years. It can make currently highly active users look inactive, and inactive users look active. So I feel we need a better and faster-changing mechanism for this.
Ofc, that is if the forum can be coded by the MT community.
Mods if this is wrong section, please move.

Krock

GitHub: SmallJoker

Re: Better ways to determine average user post rate

by Krock » Mon Jul 18, 2016 15:27

This is a very minimal improvement to the forum-feeling. The current way of calculating is very simple (and thus, fast). Whenever you wrote a post, the post count increases by one. Divide that by 365.2422 and you got the posts per day. Is this number something very important to you? In my opinion it could be removed completely.
Newest Win32 builds - Find a mod - All my mods
ALL YOUR DONATION ARE BELONG TO PARAMAT (Please support him and Minetest)
New DuckDuckGo !bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

ABJ

GitHub: ABJ-MV
In-game: ABJ

Re: Better ways to determine average user post rate

by ABJ » Mon Jul 18, 2016 17:37

Uh......I didn't know a lot about this and it was getting really annoying. I don't post on the forums just so my profile depicts me as a machine gun, but I like to see it. Minimal or not, if there were a forum suggestion thread, I'd have posted there instead.
So it is that posts are calculated on an yearly basis. OK.

Return to Minetest Features