Flowers Pots API?

Spaghetti Developer

GitHub: SpaghettiDeveloper
In-game: Spaghetti Developer

Flowers Pots API?

by Spaghetti Developer » Fri Dec 09, 2016 16:40

I tried all the mods that include flower pot, but have all of the bugs. The flowers do not connect well, or if you press again on the pot, the flower overlaps. Unfortunately, the mods are limited, you need to write new APIs in the game engine that let you create new content easily, without becoming crazy. I have three days to study the API of the game engine, but some things can not find them in the other mods code. My question is the following, you can simplify the creation of decorative pot? I think that the decorative part is 80% of the Minetest gameplay! It is its best feature, so more decorative content, more creativity. Thank you all.

I began the realization of a my mod Decorative, to better understand the nodes.

pithy

GitHub: pithydon

Re: Flowers Pots API?

by pithy » Tue Dec 13, 2016 03:46

Did you try my flowerpots mod?

sofar

GitHub: sofar
IRC: sofar
In-game: sofar

by sofar » Tue Dec 13, 2016 06:37

pithy's flowerpot mod is how I would design it: make a multitextured model that allows a texture for the pot parts and a texture for the plant parts - this way you can easily create many nodes with 1 pot model and different plants. Because with the proper model generation you can specify separate "tiles", you can use the same pot texture and combine it with the stock flower textures to make nodes for each potted flower.

Seems like this is exactly what pithy did...

Spaghetti Developer

GitHub: SpaghettiDeveloper
In-game: Spaghetti Developer

by Spaghetti Developer » Sat Dec 17, 2016 22:26

sofar wrote:pithy's flowerpot mod is how I would design it: make a multitextured model that allows a texture for the pot parts and a texture for the plant parts - this way you can easily create many nodes with 1 pot model and different plants. Because with the proper model generation you can specify separate "tiles", you can use the same pot texture and combine it with the stock flower textures to make nodes for each potted flower.

Seems like this is exactly what pithy did...

Sofar you are great! This is exactly what I want! Thanks, you have understood exactly my desire of the flower pot :D

Return to Minetest Features