Idea

Scott

Idea

by Scott » Wed Apr 25, 2012 04:34

SO i was thinking, and i had an idea. What if you had to eat in minetest? pretty simple idea right? no big deal. but what if this could be a fixed economy food, like say if npc's were ever implemented, and if your build region got to a certain density and width, npc's could build a city around you. and were i'm going with this is- when u have a big enough city, u could have the option to pay food bills- automatic payments that replenish your food bar when u have money. so, you could just go out and simply eat apples, but what about when your going on your next big mining operation? You'r a busy guy, with no time for eat. and with all the mese you'll be making- it wouldn't be a problem.
ubuntu would be #1, without unity

blue

by blue » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:18

interesting...but i dont see it happening unless they ever put in some type of money system (NOT A MOD!!!) in the game...if that happens then this could be added on top of that....the only thing i dont like about this is the automatic food...why even make a food system if you dont use it? and for random npc buildings pop up...honestly i would just tear them down because 9times out of 10 they will be in the way....just add the food bar system is my opinion xD
I like to debate.

InfinityProject

by InfinityProject » Wed Apr 25, 2012 20:09

Another way to make Minetest like Minecraft. I definately agree with you with the hunger bar. But The other would be difficult to set up.

LolManKuba

by LolManKuba » Wed Apr 25, 2012 22:40

Going towards minecraft, heh heh

blue

by blue » Thu Apr 26, 2012 00:15

i think if minecraft wouldnt have been there we still would be heading in this direction...i mean food...hunger...etc :P
I like to debate.

NakedFury

by NakedFury » Thu Apr 26, 2012 01:25

If food items are added why not some hunger system?
I'm not against that but would love a big variety of food, not just random chances for steak, pork, chicken, rare apples and then abused wheat for bread.

jordan4ibanez

GitHub: jordan4ibanez
IRC: jordan4ibanez
In-game: jordan4ibanez

by jordan4ibanez » Thu Apr 26, 2012 01:56

minetest++ is getting a hunger system as i type this 8)
If you can think it, you can make it.

blue

by blue » Thu Apr 26, 2012 02:14

jordan4ibanez wrote:minetest++ is getting a hunger system as i type this 8)

keep working on it xD...waiting till a later version of minetest++ before i download it again (i donwloaded one of the first ones with only tnt/minecraft like drops) and im waiting till some awsome stuff gets added :P
I like to debate.

Scott

by Scott » Thu Apr 26, 2012 04:40

jordan4ibanez wrote:minetest++ is getting a hunger system as i type this 8)

Yeah, i cant wait till a future version of this is released. i think minetest is a great game and all, but many of the mods don't work together properly, and i'm really glad someone is taking the time to put something like this together, from your youtube videos, and my outdated version, it looks like its coming together great.
ubuntu would be #1, without unity

Archerexes

by Archerexes » Sat May 05, 2012 14:55

I think minetest should have a fasting bar so if u fast for 5 - 8 secs u stop and it slowly refils then u cant fast untill its fully replenished and if u don't use all of your bar up if fills up really quick so like an energy bar1 So with the energy bar while u use it it would be nice if you use it to..

~mine faster

~move faster

and

~jump faster

what do you guys think ?
( • ^_^ • )

ING = Archerexes

LolManKuba

by LolManKuba » Sat May 05, 2012 16:26

Archerexes wrote:I think minetest should have a fasting bar so if u fast for 5 - 8 secs u stop and it slowly refils then u cant fast untill its fully replenished and if u don't use all of your bar up if fills up really quick so like an energy bar1 So with the energy bar while u use it it would be nice if you use it to..

~mine faster

~move faster

and

~jump faster

what do you guys think ?

I reposted this on the Minetest++/BlockPlanet forums.

Return to Minetest Features