minetest rail roads

jordan4ibanez

GitHub: jordan4ibanez
IRC: jordan4ibanez
In-game: jordan4ibanez

minetest rail roads

by jordan4ibanez » Tue Oct 04, 2011 00:17

mine carts are great and all..but could you make drivable trains..maybe steam trains..that run on coal? and the tender box could be a 6x6 box that can hold coal and wood only..also there could be chest cars..and box cars..that maybe one specific type of car holds a specific item? like refridgerator cars hold food..and mineral cars hold ores and ingots...and people can ride in the passanger cars...expand on this idea?

~jordan4ibanez
If you can think it, you can make it.

Fallen_Phillip

by Fallen_Phillip » Tue Oct 04, 2011 14:40

I think if there were powered carts, small locomotives, if you follow, that could fit in small places, mines, that drove without having to have someone drive them and they just went from point A to Point B by themselves and dumped and came back, that would be cool.

jordan4ibanez

GitHub: jordan4ibanez
IRC: jordan4ibanez
In-game: jordan4ibanez

by jordan4ibanez » Tue Oct 04, 2011 22:02

yea that would be pretty cool..but i still want to ride on and drive the train xD
If you can think it, you can make it.

RAPHAEL

by RAPHAEL » Thu Nov 03, 2011 21:00

Is it just me or is there no carts at the moment in minetest? And yes I think carts and powered carts are a good idea. Being able to ride in them would be cool too lol.
"Before you speak, ask yourself: Is it kind, is it true, is it necessary, does it improve upon the silence?"
My mods: http://goo.gl/n4kpn
(Currently Various, Industrial, Fakeblocks, Jail, MoarCraft, Christmas, Replicator, minetest dev installer for linux, bash mod installer, windows mod installer)

ABJ

GitHub: ABJ-MV
In-game: ABJ

Re:

by ABJ » Fri Apr 03, 2015 04:26

jordan4ibanez wrote:yea that would be pretty cool..but i still want to ride on and drive the train xD

Aren't you working on one? But that train still isn't ridable :--

P.S. There IS a minecart mod for minetest already and you can ride the cart also :) google "minetest carts" or something like that

ABJ

Re: minetest rail roads

by ABJ » Fri Apr 03, 2015 04:29

these and many you planned for your mod. But I didn't see "refridgerator car" in there 9_9

Dopium

Re: Re:

by Dopium » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:26

ABJ wrote:
jordan4ibanez wrote:yea that would be pretty cool..but i still want to ride on and drive the train xD

Aren't you working on one? But that train still isn't ridable :--

P.S. There IS a minecart mod for minetest already and you can ride the cart also :) google "minetest carts" or something like that

Check out the date of the OP :)

ABJ

Re: minetest rail roads

by ABJ » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:36

Oooooooopffff
I know that the OP is long but of course I didn't look at the others posts :D stupid me
But I DID think j4i would have updated this thread telling about his mod

Return to Minetest Features