3D meshes for players and creatures [Models are now upstream!]

sdzen

by sdzen » Sat Dec 01, 2012 00:20

3rd person perspective is possible its a matter of changing the position of the camera scene node and drawing the player on the clients screen. IIRC editing the position of the camera node is simple although I am not quite sure about drawing the player.
[h]Zen S.D.[/h] The next generation of tranquility!
malheureusement mon français n'est pas bon :<
Owner of the Zelo's
In game name: MuadTralk, spdtainted, sdzen, sd zen, sdzeno

Mito551

by Mito551 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 06:36

MirceaKitsune wrote:
babe223 wrote:would be interesting if we could see our characters, as in minecraft

Could be done with some code changes I think. A character editor menu will be needed at some point... it would be nice if the player's appearance could be shown there too. Also, we need a way to toggle between third person and first person views later on.

Mito551 wrote:excuse me, but i've ran into a problem with trying to get models to my dwarves game. what should i do to add model-stuff into a game?

what mods can block the loading?

Make a rigged model in Blender, animate it in the timeline, and export it to the x format (enable the DirectX mesh exported in preferences -> addons first). Then in the lua script, set the entity's object properties mesh="filename.x" and visual = "mesh". See the player.lua script for the whole thing and how to change animations.

no-no-no, you misunderstood me. i'm trying to get your model, your script into my game.

nevermind i figured it out :)
Last edited by Mito551 on Sat Dec 01, 2012 07:34, edited 1 time in total.

MirceaKitsune

GitHub: MirceaKitsune
IRC: Taoki
In-game: MirceaKitsune

by MirceaKitsune » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:12

Mito551 wrote:no-no-no, you misunderstood me. i'm trying to get your model, your script into my game.

nevermind i figured it out :)

Oh... just copy the models folder and player.lua script from minetest_game in the same position for your game. I think you need to reference player.lua in init.lua too and that's all. Glad it works :)

streondj

by streondj » Wed Dec 05, 2012 08:30

hey, I was just thinking that if we used a programmable model generator like POV-Ray then user could easily customize colors, and their set of characters could be generated, would also allow for things like clothes to be relatively easy to implement, by tweaking the generator program.
Last edited by streondj on Wed Dec 05, 2012 08:31, edited 1 time in total.

kotolegokot

by kotolegokot » Fri Feb 22, 2013 09:16

Why textures are blurry?
I'm creator of these mods: Locked sign, Locked furnace, Money. And I'm a developer of The RealTest Game.

MirceaKitsune

GitHub: MirceaKitsune
IRC: Taoki
In-game: MirceaKitsune

by MirceaKitsune » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:15

kotolegokot wrote:Why textures are blurry?

Are you talking about the texture files themselves, or only in-game? If only in game, you probably enabled texture filtering and mip-mapping.

Previous

Return to Minetest Features