Visibility

Ruxow

Visibility

by Ruxow » Fri Jun 14, 2013 21:45

(Hey guys, first time posting here.)

To be more specific, I was wondering if we could use the global lighting system in a way that affects the visibility of usernames, in combination of the other factor (distance).

If you are close enough to a person in a dark-enough area, the person will appear as a silhouette (I don't know if that's how it is spelled) and the username will be visible enough.

If you are in a bright-enough area, you and your username will be highly visible, if you are close enough to another person, seeing as how distance also plays a factor here.

The global lighting and the username visibility go hand-in-hand, on a varying scale, I guess.

On that note, it would also be nice to have the option for blocks to block the view of usernames as well (including/excluding glass also).

Thanks for taking the time to read this.
Last edited by Ruxow on Fri Jun 14, 2013 22:17, edited 1 time in total.
Dream more of becoming than of obtaining. ⛅

BrandonReese

GitHub: bremaweb
IRC: BrandonReese
In-game: BrandonReese

by BrandonReese » Fri Jun 14, 2013 21:53

Ruxow wrote:it would also be nice to have the option for blocks to block the view of usernames as well.

+1
Last edited by BrandonReese on Fri Jun 14, 2013 21:53, edited 1 time in total.

Menche

by Menche » Sat Jun 15, 2013 01:12

I would like it if the usernames were simply entities attached to players, so they would be visible when the player is.

btw, there is an option called "unlimited_player_transfer_distance". If you set that to "true" or "1", player names won't be shown if the other player is too far away. If the other player is close enough, though, you will be able to see the other's name through anything.
An innocent kitten dies every time you top-post.
I am on the Voxelands Forums more often than here.
Try Voxelands (forked from Minetest 0.3) by darkrose

Calinou

GitHub: Calinou
IRC: Calinou
In-game: Calinou

by Calinou » Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:08

Changing name tag transparency based on the player's location (brightness) would be nice, +1.

rubenwardy

GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:18

Menche wrote:I would like it if the usernames were simply entities attached to players, so they would be visible when the player is.

btw, there is an option called "unlimited_player_transfer_distance". If you set that to "true" or "1", player names won't be shown if the other player is too far away. If the other player is close enough, though, you will be able to see the other's name through anything.

you mean false.

Return to Minetest Features