Ping meter feature

Josh

Ping meter feature

by Josh » Sat Mar 08, 2014 03:25

Most games now when you join a server have a ping meter next to them, this shows how many milliseconds i believe the signal from your computer takes to get to the server. So when you go to the server tab in the menu and add a server next to it it shows the ping. I think this would be a good addition to minetest. also when you join the server you can press TAB and it shows the player names and their pings next to them. Another feature would be an ingame voice chat where you press say the X button and you can talk to other players using your mic and they can also talk to you. you could also have the option where you could mute players so you cant hear them talk.

cheapie

GitHub: cheapie
IRC: cheapie
In-game: cheapie

by cheapie » Sat Mar 08, 2014 05:00

I like the ping meter idea, but I'm not too sure if I like the idea of voice chat.
Signature antivirus (Linux only): "grep -iv -- Signature\ virus" (minus the quotes, of course)
Signature goes in stdin, viruses are removed, and cleaned signature comes out on stdout.

Krock

GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Sat Mar 08, 2014 09:36

For me is that max_lag variable on /status already enough and voice chat would generate XXL lag.
Newest Win32 builds - Find a mod - All my mods
ALL YOUR DONATION ARE BELONG TO PARAMAT (Please support him and Minetest)
New DuckDuckGo !bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

Dopium

by Dopium » Sat Mar 08, 2014 09:43

Already ask but i don't think anyones that interested, refer to https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=7615
Running @1.19 MHz, 128 bytes of RAM and interchangeable 4kb ROM carts!

Krock

GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Sat Mar 08, 2014 09:59

Dopium wrote:Already ask but i don't think anyones that interested, refer to https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=7615

Ah yes...one of my first posts, where I didn't know about how much players use linux :3
Newest Win32 builds - Find a mod - All my mods
ALL YOUR DONATION ARE BELONG TO PARAMAT (Please support him and Minetest)
New DuckDuckGo !bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

Return to Minetest Features