[Game] Magichet: "The 1.2 'Non-Commercial' Release"

Krock

GitHub: SmallJoker

Re: Magichet: "The Open Tuesday Update"

by Krock » Sat Nov 08, 2014 19:19

4aiman wrote:I don't miss that table at all. I just commented that out. None of my mods uses player_attached. What for was it added?

A little change.
It is used to skip the player animation update.
Newest Win32 builds - Find a mod - All my mods
ALL YOUR DONATION ARE BELONG TO PARAMAT (Please support him and Minetest)
New DuckDuckGo !bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

4aiman

by 4aiman » Sat Nov 08, 2014 20:09

Krock wrote:
4aiman wrote:I don't miss that table at all. I just commented that out. None of my mods uses player_attached. What for was it added?

A little change.
It is used to skip the player animation update.

Ah... then I don't really need it until I'm using "sit" and "sneak" animations.
Thanks, Krock! :)

4aiman

by 4aiman » Sun Nov 09, 2014 18:19

Server is up once more with a new map, old inventories and now in survival mode.
Greenstone is more stable, but not a 100% copy of MC one.
Also, aeons mod is enabled. It will keep some cool stuff from being discovered until... well, it's up to you to figure it out. Currently 3 layers are available!

Nore

GitHub: Ekdohibs

by Nore » Sun Nov 09, 2014 20:05

It's quite impressive!
However, I have a question: are the homes file supposed to be in the sethome mod directory (there is even one in your github repo).
Moreover, I looked at aeons, and it looks like it is always impossible to dig the fake bedrock, even when conditions are met. It also looks like you can build above the limits, but then you won't be able to dig what you just built. Is that normal?

4aiman

by 4aiman » Mon Nov 10, 2014 07:35

Thanks, Nore! :)
Your help as well as your attention to this project is much appreciated.

1. No it isn't. Need to change the path, 'cause I'm well aware of the problems that may be caused by that file.
I confess, I have had more interesting things to pay attention to. But that is smth that should be done. Also, I've decided to use git as hard as I can, 'cause I still can't figure out all nuances about it. Manuals are good and stuff, but I need more practice.

2. Whoops! Have edited and edited and yet post the old non-working version... To be fixed.

3. I assumed that it's not so important. Even if someone would place a block 2-3 nodes above than it has been permitted to dig then... what?
The only things I can imagine would be: a) drowning; b) burning in lava. But it's hard to predict the use of those. (However, I've plans to a add basic protection which would include the prohibition of placing lava and water near other player's stuff. There will be a side effects, but those worth the goal.)

Do you have other ideas on problems with this unwilingness-to-check-where-one-builds (and not only with that)?

JPRuehmann

by JPRuehmann » Mon Nov 10, 2014 21:38

Hello
If I try to start the Subgame I get the following error.
Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
22:15:27: ERROR[main]: ========== ERROR FROM LUA ===========
22:15:27: ERROR[main]: Failed to load and run script from
22:15:27: ERROR[main]: /home/ruehmann/.minetest/games/magichet/mods/ghosts/init.lua:
22:15:27: ERROR[main]: /home/ruehmann/.minetest/games/magichet/mods/ghosts/gb.lua:298: '}' expected (to close '{' at line 273) near ')'
22:15:27: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:
22:15:27: ERROR[main]:  [C]: in function 'dofile'
22:15:27: ERROR[main]:  ...e/ruehmann/.minetest/games/magichet/mods/ghosts/init.lua:915: in main chunk
22:15:27: ERROR[main]: ======= END OF ERROR FROM LUA ========
22:15:27: ERROR[main]: Server: Failed to load and run /home/ruehmann/.minetest/games/magichet/mods/ghosts/init.lua
22:15:28: ERROR[main]: ModError: ModError: Failed to load and run /home/ruehmann/.minetest/games/magichet/mods/ghosts/init.lua

Thanks,
JPR

4aiman

by 4aiman » Tue Nov 11, 2014 08:13

Thanks for the report!

Try to update, please. I've messed up the repo yesterday and was fixin it till today, 4:00 AM GMT+3.
I believe it was near 1:00 AM in Germany and you may have missed the update.
If that won't help - tell me it didn't, please.

Generally, once I've updated master I try to run my server with it.
If it (the server) fails to start for some reason (and I was too anxious to push changes before trying to launch due to my immense self-consciousness) I fix those errors and update the repo once more.

So, if someone can't launch the game - I'm well aware of that and (maybe) there's already a fix for it. If you've just downloaded it - wait for some time (I think the best time is from 3 AM till 9 AM (GMT+3). I assume it's safe to download master at this time.

PS:
It would be helpful to know the time when one has downloaded the game which do not function at all or throws a reproduce-able exception.
In the case of "do not function at all" it's not really necessary - I know what I've changed and if a simple "update, please" will help - that would be the 1st thing I'd say.
But in the case of reproduce-able exceptions it's better to know the time when you have updated your copy last time.

JPRuehmann

by JPRuehmann » Wed Nov 12, 2014 14:23

Hello
Seems it is working now.
But not the Nether.
Still no reaction at activating the Portal.
Thanks,
JPR

4aiman

by 4aiman » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:09

So, you have issues with the Nether in Magichet too?
I have no problems on my Aspire One. That being true only if I close all other apps, that are eating video memory when using with an IGA video card, like Firefox or Geany.

What HW do you have? Is it low-end like Acer Aspire or smth of better performance?
My Acer has 1Gb of DDR1 memory, 3 y.o. SataII HDD and an Intel Atom CPU of 1.6 GHz. I believe it has 2 cores. Oh, and naturally VGA is integrated and is capable only of OGL1.4 and OGlES1.
So you should get by now why if I'll try to record a video, that shows all's "OK", then I'll get the behaviour you've described in that other thread.

Nevertheless, since my game have this issue too I've looked into it and made some changes which seem to fix the issue on a slighter faster machine (2.0 GHz instead of 1.6 GHz) for an already generated world. With the new world (new map) I get teleported 2 or 3 times back, 'cause the HW were to slow to generate a room for me in Nether.

I'll test several variants on Acer when home.

JPRuehmann

by JPRuehmann » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:42

Hello
I´ve tried on two Computers.
1.) Zotac ZBOX with 4GB Ram Nvidia Grafik Intel Atom 1,8Ghz Dual Core Kubuntu 14.04 LTS OpenGL 3.3
2.) Lenovo Thinkpad T500 4GB Ram Intel Grafik Intel 2,6 GHz Dual Core Debian Wheezy OpenGl 2.6
On Both I get the same behaviour.
I am using a daily updated minetest from the Github resources.

The Cpu shows no reaction at actvating and afterwards it uses between 10 and 15% all the time.
The Command line shows no reaction such as nether Portal created, singleplayer Hit node or something else.

Thanks,
JPR
Last edited by JPRuehmann on Thu Nov 13, 2014 13:04, edited 1 time in total.

4aiman

by 4aiman » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:43

Ok, thanks!
That Thinkpad of yours should've been more than enough to handle the "nether" mod normally.
I'll try to dig this issue deeper and to do something about it after I will finish gstone coding (hope to do it before 5 PM GMT+3).
DO expect an update today on evening :)
Regards!

4aiman

by 4aiman » Thu Nov 13, 2014 21:38

Sorry for the inconvenience, but it seems the nether push have to wait - I can't make it stable in terms of teleporting yet.

But I've updated the Magichet itself and have replaced greenstone with the gstone.
Gstone stores power levels in ANY node which is the opposite to the greenstone which uses power levels only for few nodes.

Also, the first post now has automatically updated picture of when the Magichet has been updated (any branch).

Edit:
I've tried some new stuff, but to no good.
A portal won't even generate for me If I use set_node just once.
Forceload makes no difference too.

Strangely, the original mod turned out to work better within some older (e.g. not "git") versions of minetest...
I'm still digging the area.

4aiman

by 4aiman » Sat Nov 22, 2014 15:22

Announce
For the next week or so server would be unavailable due to various reasons.
One of them is huge rewrite of the codebase (the changes would be less 'huge' than the impact they will produce).
The other one is the size of FF XIII.
The amount of translation work should be done for the whole different project.
There are at least 6 more...

What to expect:
- no git updates in the meanwhile;
- incorporation of your new new ideas (including those yet-to-be-proposed-by-yourselves)
- removal of many nodes and some mods;
- overall fixes;
- no Herobrine ;)

ElectricSolstice

by ElectricSolstice » Mon Dec 22, 2014 05:20

Nice to see someone is using my voltbuild mod even though I haven't worked on it in long long time. Looks like a couple of patches or two as well. Does it fix any bugs in my mod? If it does, I might be interested in pulling it into my mod.

4aiman

by 4aiman » Mon Dec 22, 2014 08:12

It's nice to know the author at last ;)
I don't know whether my changes are really patches, though.
I would be glad to help you once I'm done with gstone mod.
But... I guess that'll have to wait for the January to pass by.

That's the main reason Magichet server is down for a month. That and the uneasy feeling about my game proposed to be included into Android package. I should've been happy, but that particular package is way too slow in comparison with old FM's android builds and Stu's android builds.

Anyway, although I need some time to help you, you should be able to help me right away ;)
What I mean is a nuclear reactor. I can't seem to understand the wiring. Could you guide me, please?

PS: Say, ElectricSolstice, isn't the buildtest mod your creation as well?
I'm eagier to make a full-fledged "port" of that as well :)

ElectricSolstice

by ElectricSolstice » Tue Dec 23, 2014 19:51

4aiman wrote:It's nice to know the author at last ;)
I don't know whether my changes are really patches, though.
I would be glad to help you once I'm done with gstone mod.
But... I guess that'll have to wait for the January to pass by.

That's the main reason Magichet server is down for a month. That and the uneasy feeling about my game proposed to be included into Android package. I should've been happy, but that particular package is way too slow in comparison with old FM's android builds and Stu's android builds.

Anyway, although I need some time to help you, you should be able to help me right away ;)
What I mean is a nuclear reactor. I can't seem to understand the wiring. Could you guide me, please?

PS: Say, ElectricSolstice, isn't the buildtest mod your creation as well?
I'm eagier to make a full-fledged "port" of that as well :)

buildtest is not my creation. Only mod I did was voltbuild and then I've contributed one single thing to BlockForge2.

You mean the wiring inside the nuclear reactor? That code is probably a little bit of a mess. Okay, for the wiring. Inside the nuclear reactor, you'll need a reaction chamber to produce the electricity. However, it also produces heat and radiation. These things travel along the 4 squares next to the reaction chamber when there's uranium in the nuclear reactor. Radiation travels along each four squares next to the reactor and then repeats that for each next square. If radiation reaches the edges of the nuclear reactor's inventory screen, then it'll start raising the radiation bar you see on the nuclear reactor. It's the same thing with the heat, except heat won't travel downwards. It's because of the way radiation travels that you need shielded wiring in order to connect the reaction chamber down to the particular bottom square before power will start charging the nuclear reactor's power bar. However, there is a bug in the way electricity travels. If I remember correctly, the bug was that it would go through every inventory square, starting at the top left and going right until it reaches the bottom right. The reason this is a bug is that on each inventory square, it would call the step function of the item there. For the wiring, this would be the step function that distributes the energy contained in that square. This means that energy that travels right and down would get distributed more in a single automata step than energy that travels left and up. Keep in mind that each wiring within the nuclear reactor distributes energy to any wiring in the four surrounding squares.

4aiman

by 4aiman » Thu Dec 25, 2014 08:29

So...
I'm still confused T_T

But first of all, sorry for my Engrish/Runglish :)

I'm gonna show some pics to ask whether I got nuclear reactor and your explanations right.

Here's how a formspec of nuclear reactor looks like.
Note the "comments" on it. Are those right? If not then, please, clarify a bit more.

I guess, if I put radioactive shielding like this, the radiation won't be able to leave the nuclear reactor at all?
But the description says that 'voltbuild:casing' prevents only heat from passing through the slot it is in.
So, I guess I'm being wrong?

Then, again, why am I able to place more than 1 item into a 'nuclear' list? (note the question on the 1st image, please). What will happen should radiation level exceed 100 (nuclear.max_radiation defaults to 100)? Will there be a blast? Where's that coded?

What will happen if the heat will build up too much? How much is that "too much" for a heat?

If casing only stops heat from passing, then will the heat be built up in the slot adjacent to it (from the heat source side)? Then it's ineffective to use casings at all, I guess...

Also, what happens when heat reaches the outer edge of 'nuclear' list? Radiation hurts player and heat? Or I should wait for a blast?

So, I've "shielded" the nuclear reactor core...
And then there goes wiring.
At first I'll need a source of electricity - a reaction chamber. (Wanna change that to a several -tier effective refined uranium cells - like in IC2).
It produces electricity (how much?), radiation and stress.
As you've clarified, radiation travels 4 squares in each direction and repeats that from each square of the 'nuclear' list it has reached. I guess the real picture of radiation spread looks like this:
You've said "4 squares"... Does that mean that in the 5th square from the nuclear chamber there would be no radiation whatsoever? Then, with the inventory like mine, I can leave the sides of "nuclear" list w/o any shielding (if that one really helps against radiation at all), but rather fill those slots with steam generators. Am I right here?

For now I want to ask about the heat. It "won't go down", so I'd rather want to put all my reactor chambers to the upper half of the 'nuclear' list? What I mean is, will it help to deal with the heat if I'll put the reactor chambers closer to the top of the "nuclear" list?
In other words, is this true that the bottom of the 'nuclear' list won't be affected by heat at all if there's no heat source at the bottom line?

Next: actual wires.
The reaction chamber produces electricity.
But, unlike heat or radiation it cannot travel on it's own.
So I need wires.
There are 2 types: shielded and not shielded.
Shielded ones do stop radiation. (Does that mean that radiation builds up, just like when a casing stops heat?)
I'm used to think that heat concerned not in the least about wires or radiation. So, any wires won't affect the spread of heat. Am I right here?
I'm asking, cause it's confusing to craft anti-radiation wires with anti-heat casing. (Maybe it's the documentation fault.)

Now, I assume I can run my wire however long the 'nuclear' list allows me w/o any decrease in power level. Is that so?

Suppose I came up with this design:
The only thing I will gain from shielded wires is decrease of radiation 2 squares above and 2 squares below the reaction chamber (max-4 instead of max-2).
So, I guess it's ineffective to mix up shielded wires with normal ones - any "leak" of radiation hinders the whole design.

One more thing: shielded wires are said to stop radiation. Since shielded wires are more "expensive" to craft it won't be cheating, but a bug if one would be able to shield the reactor with shielded wires instead of casing. (If the latter stops the radiation at all.) - Just a notice ;)

Also, look at the picture below once more:
Should I want to use a safe nuclear reactor, I'll be to use at least one shielded wire. (To transmit the power to adjacent nodes).

Next: steam generators VS fans.
Generators make even more power by utilizing heat.
Should it help to safely produce more electricity if I would use those instead of fans?
Do fans consume internal electricity?

And the last (but not least).
Let's imagine I got the answers I can comprehend to every my question above and I don't have more about the internal wiring.

What about external? What should I do to redirect nuclear-reactor-generated EU and to store that in MFE?

What about making it possible to use 2 or more adjacent "cores" (nuclear reactors) to increase the internal wiring grid size? For example, should I place a second core to the right (say, z+ axis) of the first one, i would be able to get the heat, radiation and electricity to pass through the right side of the first nuclear reactor's 'nuclear' list to the left side of the second nuclear reactor's 'nuclear' list and vice versa. (I doubt this sentence is comprehensible, but I need to be asked some questions in order to clarify what I've meant, since I can't comer up with the better explanation ATM).

Regards!

ElectricSolstice

by ElectricSolstice » Thu Dec 25, 2014 23:13

4aiman wrote:So...
I'm still confused T_T

But first of all, sorry for my Engrish/Runglish :)

I'm gonna show some pics to ask whether I got nuclear reactor and your explanations right.

Here's how a formspec of nuclear reactor looks like.
Note the "comments" on it. Are those right? If not then, please, clarify a bit more.

Correct. I don't really have a name for it, so nuclear inventory or design area or whatever makes most sense.

4aiman wrote:I guess, if I put radioactive shielding like this, the radiation won't be able to leave the nuclear reactor at all?
But the description says that 'voltbuild:casing' prevents only heat from passing through the slot it is in.
So, I guess I'm being wrong?

Correct, radioactive shielding will stop radiation from leaving. Heat and radiation are different things, so you are not wrong.

4aiman wrote:Then, again, why am I able to place more than 1 item into a 'nuclear' list? (note the question on the 1st image, please). What will happen should radiation level exceed 100 (nuclear.max_radiation defaults to 100)? Will there be a blast? Where's that coded?

What will happen if the heat will build up too much? How much is that "too much" for a heat?

If radiation gets too high, it damages players inside the damange radius. The higher the radiation, the larger the radius. If it gets too much heat, the reactor blows up. It has to get to max heat to blow up I think. The point of the "nuclear" list is that it's the design area of the nuclear reactor. You manage heat, block radiation, and get electricity to this particular bottom middle square in order for electricity to leave. The blast code for the nuclear reactor is coded in the nuclear_blast function. Since every machine in voltbuild ends up calling it's on_blast method when overheated, the nuclear reactor has it's on_blast method set to nuclear_blast. However, there is no point putting 2 or more items in one square. Only 1 item in a square is needed.

4aiman wrote:If casing only stops heat from passing, then will the heat be built up in the slot adjacent to it (from the heat source side)? Then it's ineffective to use casings at all, I guess...

Also, what happens when heat reaches the outer edge of 'nuclear' list? Radiation hurts player and heat? Or I should wait for a blast?

Correct. Trapping heat though in a few squares helps reactor fans to remove the heat as a reactor fan only removes heat in the square it's on. If the heat just flows freely, then a reactor fan probably won't be as effective as it only deals with the heat currently in it's square. When heat reaches the top of the "nuclear list", it is applied directly to the stress bar. If heat builds up in one square too much, it is applied to the stress bar. If heat isn't allowed to escape the nuclear_reaction_chamber, the heat is directly applied to the stress bar. And yes, radiation is what hurts the player.

4aiman wrote:So, I've "shielded" the nuclear reactor core...
And then there goes wiring.
At first I'll need a source of electricity - a reaction chamber. (Wanna change that to a several -tier effective refined uranium cells - like in IC2).

If someone wants to create the several -tier uranium cells, I'd certainly would consider adding it. There's a lot of potential in this mod for new items when it comes to components and the "nuclear list". As shown by the air_compressor, components can even change the functionality of a machine. However, I'm currently working on other code projects.

4aiman wrote:It produces electricity (how much?), radiation and stress.
As you've clarified, radiation travels 4 squares in each direction and repeats that from each square of the 'nuclear' list it has reached. I guess the real picture of radiation spread looks like this:
You've said "4 squares"... Does that mean that in the 5th square from the nuclear chamber there would be no radiation whatsoever? Then, with the inventory like mine, I can leave the sides of "nuclear" list w/o any shielding (if that one really helps against radiation at all), but rather fill those slots with steam generators. Am I right here?

That's how radiation is intended to travel in this mod. Keep in mind it's not perfectly like that due to the propagate_units function. It will go from the top left of the "nuclear list" and go right, repeating with each row until it's at the bottom right. At each square, it sends the radiation to the top, left, right, and bottom. However, after it does that, it means when the propagate_units function goes onto the next square in the for loop, it will now have radiation to spread again unless it was blocked. I consider the way propagate_units function was done to be a design flaw. It either needs to be recoded differently or needs some sort of list to keep track of what has already propagated. Maybe an array to keep track of the original values and then propagate only the original values during each abm.

It produces 120 units of power per nuclear_reaction_chamber per tick. It produces 100 units of stress (heat). It produces 1 unit of radiation in each surrounding square. Keep in mind that stress and radiation are completely sepearate things. Correct, you can leave the sides without any shielding. It's actually necessary that a particular square at the bottom is using either a shielded wire or regular wiring. The thing about steam generators is that you must connect them up to wires as well. Each steam generator can produce up to 40 units of energy, but is dependant on how much heat is in the square it's on. However, if heat reaches the top, it's directly applied to the stress bar.

4aiman wrote:For now I want to ask about the heat. It "won't go down", so I'd rather want to put all my reactor chambers to the upper half of the 'nuclear' list? What I mean is, will it help to deal with the heat if I'll put the reactor chambers closer to the top of the "nuclear" list?
In other words, is this true that the bottom of the 'nuclear' list won't be affected by heat at all if there's no heat source at the bottom line?

No, it won't help deal with the heat. If heat reaches the top, it's applied to the stress bar. If heat builds up too much in one square, it's applied to the stress bar. If it's at the top, the bottom won't have heat in it, but whether or not the nuclear reactor blows up is dependant on the stress bar. To reduce heat internally, you must use a reactor_fan or the reactor_steam_gen. reactor_fan reduces the heat in the square by 20 while the reactor_steam_gen reduces it by only 5.

4aiman wrote:Next: actual wires.
The reaction chamber produces electricity.
But, unlike heat or radiation it cannot travel on it's own.
So I need wires.
There are 2 types: shielded and not shielded.
Shielded ones do stop radiation. (Does that mean that radiation builds up, just like when a casing stops heat?)
I'm used to think that heat concerned not in the least about wires or radiation. So, any wires won't affect the spread of heat. Am I right here?
I'm asking, cause it's confusing to craft anti-radiation wires with anti-heat casing. (Maybe it's the documentation fault.)

Correct, wires don't affect heat. However, an anti-radiation wire was created so that you could have electricity leave the "nuclear list" without radiation leaking out. I think radiation build up is only a problem when you try to change the design. If the nuclear_reaction_chamber is completely shielded, it should prevent build up of radiation. Heat on the other hand must be reduced rather than just blocked.

4aiman wrote:Now, I assume I can run my wire however long the 'nuclear' list allows me w/o any decrease in power level. Is that so?

Suppose I came up with this design:
The only thing I will gain from shielded wires is decrease of radiation 2 squares above and 2 squares below the reaction chamber (max-4 instead of max-2).
So, I guess it's ineffective to mix up shielded wires with normal ones - any "leak" of radiation hinders the whole design.

Correct. Howerver, the more wires, the more squares that the electricity has to travel over. You have to be particularly careful with the bottom row due to a bug. Shielded wires are only intended to be used around a nuclear_reaction_chamber. If there's no need to block radiation, then there's no advantage of the shielded wire over a regular wire. As such, you could hook up to the nuclear_reaction_chamber with a shielded wire and then use regular wires for the rest of it.

4aiman wrote:One more thing: shielded wires are said to stop radiation. Since shielded wires are more "expensive" to craft it won't be cheating, but a bug if one would be able to shield the reactor with shielded wires instead of casing. (If the latter stops the radiation at all.) - Just a notice ;)

Not a bug at all. However, keep in mind that more wires don't increase output. The total energy put out from a nuclear_reaction_chamber is distributed equally to each of the surrounding wires, so that'd be a 1/4th of the total energy for each wire.

4aiman wrote:Also, look at the picture below once more:
Should I want to use a safe nuclear reactor, I'll be to use at least one shielded wire. (To transmit the power to adjacent nodes).

Correct. I'll admit the mod could use more items to make the radiation aspect of it more interesting. As for now, it's just best to block radiation at the source.

4aiman wrote:Next: steam generators VS fans.
Generators make even more power by utilizing heat.
Should it help to safely produce more electricity if I would use those instead of fans?
Do fans consume internal electricity?

Yes to the first question. However, it decreases heat in that square by 5 whereas the fan decreases it by 20. Fans do not consume internal electricity. They only decrease heat.

4aiman wrote:And the last (but not least).
Let's imagine I got the answers I can comprehend to every my question above and I don't have more about the internal wiring.

What about external? What should I do to redirect nuclear-reactor-generated EU and to store that in MFE?

A nuclear reactor maxes out at 2048 EU output but could easily be changed in the code to allow more. The reason for this is that there's only one cable in the mod that can handle up to 2048. Any higher than that would fry any external wiring in the mod. You'd have to use a hv_cable to move the electricity through a transformer as 2048 would even fry an MFE. You'd have to use a hv_transformer to ramp down the energy. For an MFE unit (the medium voltage battery), you'd have to use a mv_transformer as well to lower the packet size to a medium voltage.

4aiman wrote:What about making it possible to use 2 or more adjacent "cores" (nuclear reactors) to increase the internal wiring grid size? For example, should I place a second core to the right (say, z+ axis) of the first one, i would be able to get the heat, radiation and electricity to pass through the right side of the first nuclear reactor's 'nuclear' list to the left side of the second nuclear reactor's 'nuclear' list and vice versa. (I doubt this sentence is comprehensible, but I need to be asked some questions in order to clarify what I've meant, since I can't comer up with the better explanation ATM).
Regards!

If you want to do the coding for it, you're free to do so. For now, a single nuclear reactor is only a single nuclear reactor.

4aiman

by 4aiman » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:43

Wow!
Thank you very much, ElectricSolstice!!!

Now that I properly understand ideas behind internal wiring (and aware of the "spread-bug") I can add some features :)
I doubt there be any update till February, though.

Should you come up with any idea concerning voltbuild or magichet - feel free to make me know of it and I'll see what I can do about it ;)

PS: Will add you to the credits section of the game description ;)
Thanks!

4aiman

by 4aiman » Sun Jan 04, 2015 22:32

Clickable

4aiman

by 4aiman » Tue Mar 03, 2015 08:34

Just when it has been acknowledged I'm probably dead I'm making a striking reappearance! ^____^
I'd been working for quite a while...
then haven't done anything magichet-related at all in quite a while too (had my reasons... doods ;))...
And now I'm eager to make another release!

For now I'm just eagier - still haven't enough time.

BUT!

Magichet hasn't been anywhere near it's death or abandonment.
I'd set up a private repo back then in late November (one can see how the image tells there have been commits after that but no one have seen any @github). Later, in December, it became temporarily impossible to update ANY repo ("thanks to" Rospotrebnadzor), and I've switched to offline development.

So, within a month everyone interested in Magichet should expect a NEW release!!!

Various features have been merged!
Absolutely NEW features have been introduced!
Tons of compatibility issues were fixed!
Full compatibility with 0.4.11's "strict.lua"!
One or two pleasant surprises ;)

Regards!

4aiman

by 4aiman » Sun May 10, 2015 11:31

Announce for those, who haven't noticed yet:

The Magichet server's been up and running for around a week.
The server uses the latest dev version of the Magichet subgame not available anywhere else.
Github version is outdated by nearly 2 months and is much slower (compared to the dev version installed on the server in question).

Stable Minetest client (0.4.12) will be able to connect w/o any problems as well as any up from the 0.4.10.
I've tried connecting with 0.4.10 by myself - it really works!

Numerous fixes has been applied:
- fixed mob spawn rates
- enhanced mob spawning trigger
- added papyrus & cactus "decapitators"
- only owner can sleep on his/her bed
- added some new ore - spawn triggers
- make diamonds less rare (2/1000 instead of 2/8000)
- added the very first quest to go below -64
- introduced a brand-new armour mod with over 20 different armour sets (no set-bonuses yet), new "wearing-out" system (armour's protection gets weaker with it getting worn)
- fixed some ghosts issues
- forbid to place/dig/write to signs near any reincarnator
- fixed gStone ability to emit lights upon punching it
- added "magnesium" ore with a quest attached to it
- added some admin doughnuts (administrative chat commands)
- fixed static_spawnpoint setting issues
- fixed sheep colouring
- fixed sethome issues
- etc.

The set of mods is a subject to change.
New quests will become available over time.
New ores will be available over time.
New features will be available over time.

Server rules:
1. Be nice.
2. Try to NOT dig anything on the spawn island.

Available to everyone chat commands:
/spawn - teleports you to the spawn point if you're within 2000 nodes from it
/sethome - sets a home (a teleport point) for you and you only.
/home - teleports you to your home (set with the /sethome) if you're within 600 nodes from it.
/hud - issue this chat command if you see no hands or some HUDs are missing.

Server trivia (these are NOT rules):
1. The land around spawn has no trees, is w/o some ores and food. Go somewhere until you'll get to a NOT grassy biome and build a hose there.
2. Ghosts can reincarnate at the spawn for free (until the reincarnator's charge will get depleted)
3. All issues are handled solely by me (4aiman) and me only. I'm generally nice if ppl don't
4. The "Key" player can speak for me regardless of whether I'm online or not.
5. The "Key" player has NO admin powers whatsoever.
6. Abuse Key and you'll get banned :)
7. Key and I speak English and Russian only (both speak both ;). You're NOT forbidden to speak other languages but we won't be able to understand and/or help you if you do.
8. 4aiman CAN'T type cyrillic characters 80% of time.
9. If you're Russian, then you NEED to be able to read транслит. (English-speaking ppl won't be able to read the #10 item's text - it's in freely-transliterated Russian. We got used to read that in the early 200Xs.)
10. Esli vi ne s4itaete nujnim razbirat'sya v translite ili s4itaete, 4to ya ili Key vam 4to-to doljni - to i fig s vami. U4ites' polu4at' informaciu iz VSEH dosdupnih isto4nikov. Или так прямо и скажите, что вы ещё даже в школу не пошли.
11. Should you perform anything irritating 4aiman or Key - the former will kick or ban you w/o any explanation.
12. 4aiman banned several ppl for: punching other players, abusing teleport, using fly to dig ores inaccessible otherwise, following him everywhere w/o asking him, setting his HP to 0 w/o warning, trying to trespass his private house.
13. You can ask for some privilege(s), but if you'll try to ruin someone's game experience and/or to cheat against the Magichet (e.g. try to make it easier for anyone) I'll revoke all granted privilege(s).
14. If the game is TOO hard for you - ask 4aiman to change the game itself or ask other players to help you.

4aiman

by 4aiman » Sat May 16, 2015 12:29

Hi everyone!

The most long-waited feature (by me ;) now has a test implementation!
I've added some test dual-language support.

That means that players are free to chose what language will be used in announcements: English or Russian.

Windows users should do nothing to use Russian.

Linux users should run MT or MT-compatible FM (Which wouldn't compile for me) from a terminal, have ru_RU.CP1251 locale generated (google for that, please) and issue
Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
export LANG="ru_RU.CP1251"
before running the game itself.

Linux input formspec STILL broken, but FM users have nothing to worry about.

MT users can easily press F10 (to open the console) and type their message normally.

Some more updates were applied:
- added Lua variant for minetest.get_surface() - MT hasn't got it's own (What a shame!);
- fixed wormhole's model (was porely exported => no animations, wrongly rotated);
- updated 4armour in order to support equipped monsters;
- added more checks due to is_player() being player-only function (FM has fixed this);
- made explosion mechanics universal (TNT now uses generic blasts with some variables passed to it - much like fireballs);
- "namespaced" some functions to default.* and fully "namespaced" ghosts.
- fixed going to bed @ night;
- only a bed's owner can sleep on it;
- fixed cake recipe;
- fixed desert-set tools crafting (still can be used in mixture with any stone node to create a common stone-set tools);
- moved environmental damage to abm allowing to apply a "negation" effects (like healing while swimming in lava or disabling the damage lava should deal if you're a ghost);
- fixed ghost reincarnation process: no more left-over HUDs;
- fixed several furnace-related bugs;
- removed statistics;
- removed "options" and "skins" buttons from players' formspecs;
- added several server-related chatcommands to test things;
- moved generic functions from gStone mod to default and make use of those reducing duplication;
- re-coded nyan cats, cacti, papyrus, grass and other "decorations" generators.
- fixed inability to toss an item: now one can share with others just like in the old days, e.g. by pressing "Q";
- rewrite a warning shown upon reincarnation;
- changed "Mithril" to "Mythril" to better suit it's future purpose;
- tweaked sethome mod and fixed checks for wrong privilege ;
- changed the way /kill, /killme and /hp chatcommands work and added some more logging to those ;

I'm pretty sure I've mentioned new replacements for doors and stairs with as few new nodes as possible:

- 4doors mod uses only 3 nodes per door type (top, bottom, trap) in comparison to 10 (top, bottom, opened top, opened bottom, 4 more nodes for a double door, opened and closed trapdoor) in the current 'doors' mod by you-know-who.

- 4stairs mod uses only 2 nodes per stair type (slab and stair) instead of 4 (additional 2 nodes for "upside-down" nodes) in widely used stairs and staris_plus derivatives.
That gave me space for new "chiseled" blocks (See MC wiki to find about what the Quack that is ;)

ABJ

GitHub: ABJ-MV
In-game: ABJ

by ABJ » Mon May 18, 2015 08:54

4aiman can you check this mod out as a replacement for boost_cart?
Hicarts
It's got waaaay more features, such as collision detection :)

4aiman

by 4aiman » Mon May 18, 2015 11:19

Hmmm... Thanks for the link, ABJ!

Since that is WTFPL, I can do that.
I'd be glad to add more features and have someone to test those. ;)
In fact, as far as smth is WTFPL anyone can suggest adding this or that mod.
(And if anyone can make it to ElectricSolstice - please, tell him I NEED his presence).

Since I haven't touched boost_cart mod's code at all - I guess I can replace that and you may come to try those on a server. Right now the server is down (probably due to a blackout), but be sure to check it after 5 PM (GMT+0).

Oh, since I'm here, there are some updates:

Be sure to get your initial stuff from the "init chest" @ spawn.
Once you'll grab all your stuff it won't open again.
Note: Storing stuff inside the init chest is a BAD idea - those won't be saved when server re-starts.

Dough now can be crafted more easily:
Craft 1 bucket_with water with 10 flour items and get 10 dough items!
Should you have less or more than 10 flour items in your craft grid - only 1 (one) dough will be crafted.
So making bread now is 9-less-water-buckets easier!

I've protected the hut near the spawn (and some area around it) - don't even try to dig or build there ;)

Saplings can be forced to grow with "fertilizer X" if those are on a "right type of a dirt".
Default and jungle saplings use bare dirt.
All other saplings use the dirt_with_grass of a biome you've got them.

Fixed pistons and doors placement code.

ABJ

by ABJ » Mon May 18, 2015 11:51

THX man!
And BTW I can't see public list so I can't join easy anyway! :D
But I'm excited to come here! :) I just wish I could freaking set up my own server :D for some reason it does not work :wistful.gif:
Hope you will try out the mod! And DO look out for updates! As it is still under work, much is to be expected! :))))))))

ABJ

by ABJ » Mon May 18, 2015 11:54

That said, DON'T TAKE INSPIRATION FROM MD'S LAB!!! ;)

And that said, I'm REALLY glad you reply without long delay :)))))))

ABJ

by ABJ » Mon May 18, 2015 11:59

So due to the PL-blackout, I would lyke your IP and port :)

4aiman

by 4aiman » Mon May 18, 2015 14:36

ABJ wrote:That said, DON'T TAKE INSPIRATION FROM MD'S LAB!!! ;)

What is MD's lab exactly?
And what did you mean by that whole sentence?

PS: the server should appear in your public server list within 1 hour.

ABJ

by ABJ » Mon May 18, 2015 16:01

4aiman wrote:
ABJ wrote:That said, DON'T TAKE INSPIRATION FROM MD'S LAB!!! ;)

What is MD's lab exactly?
And what did you mean by that whole sentence?

PS: the server should appear in your public server list within 1 hour.

md's LAB, see server public list. Notorious for being a "Jail server", as md has soooooo much jail in it, and doing almost ANYTHING can get you in jail. Even sometimes mod bugs and puts you in jail for no reason. And also famous for frustratingly hard gameplay to the point of unfairness and ragequit. And getting you in jail for accidentally punching a protected node while defending from a mob. And other atrocitious things such as locked chest getting taken over and needing mese blocks for protection etc. All facilitated by the huge amount of "cool" mods he has. See server thread or ask on a popular server/irc for details.
What I mean is, make things awesome, but DON'T go md's way and get over-hyped with making gameplay hard.

And it's not your server. It's the in-game public list not showing for me for some reason. So I want the IP and port in case this connection error lasts for too long. (As it has sometimes done before) So I can connect later.
BTW is it that servers.minetest is down?

EDIT: Now it does! But of course your server is not on.

PreviousNext

Return to WIP Subgames