[Game]Minetest_Hades[wip]

eduardomezencio

GitHub: eduardomezencio

Re: [Game]Minetest_Hades[1.3]

by eduardomezencio » Fri Oct 02, 2015 14:58

Glünggi wrote:Idk ... i just cant upload files. Edit code directly on github working.... but files like textures dosnt.
Thank you for the link, maybe it help.

The tutorial will definitely help you, but I'll also leave some tips here:

- You're not going to edit your files there. You'll just create a git repo inside your game folder (cd into it and do git init), add all the game files to it (git add *) and then commit (git commit, and it'll give you a text editor to write a description of the commit)

- Before commiting for the first time, configure git to commit using your name and email:
Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
git config --global user.name "Your Name"
git config --global user.email your_email@example.com

- After that, each time you have a 'new version' ready, you need to add only the files you have changed(you can see which files changed by running git status and them add them with git add the name of each file) and then commit. The description is usually a place for you to write what you have changed.

- To use github, after creating your repo there, use:
Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
git remote add origin https://github.com/your_user_name/your_repo_name.git
git push -u origin master

- After that, each time you want to push your changes to github, after making the commit as I explained before, just use
git push
and it'll ask for your username and password to finish the operation.

Hope it helps

eduardomezencio

GitHub: eduardomezencio

by eduardomezencio » Fri Oct 02, 2015 15:22

Ferk wrote:You need to install a git program in your computer to be able to use it and upload (push) / download (pull) the changes that you "commit".

Oh yes.. quite an important thing that I forgot to mention :/

Glünggi

by Glünggi » Fri Oct 02, 2015 20:07

If you work in the area of computer science

I'm a plumber with only basic knowledge of programming and english
so i'm double handycaped
But thanks you both for the help.
I will try it again soon as I find time and Motivation... cause the last try took many nerv's and takes houres of time ... with all those different git programms and tuto's...

edit 11/4/15:
I have started reworking for hades, make it compatible for 0.4.13 and some other adjustment's.
I will add a new columina with formspec, for smaler craftingguide and more building elements... and a new carpedmod gluncarp from dives runis, witch let carpeds "smelt" with the underground... then i need to convert every single textur from rgb to index color.. and clean up a bit this chaotic Code... so thats a lot of work.
i will it upload to github as soon as i'm finish with the rework... in a few days/weeks.. wathever ;) its done when its done ;)

Glünggi

Re: [Game]Minetest_Hades[wip]

by Glünggi » Fri Nov 13, 2015 15:19

The 0.4.13 Update is now awayable on GitHub (link in the opening post)
(thanks again to eduardomezencio and Ferk for you help)

Chances:
+ Spoiler

PerrySteven

In-game: PerrySteven

by PerrySteven » Mon Dec 28, 2015 09:46

For some reason I keep on getting an empty world every time I create a world using this game. I've tried deleting the world and creating a new one, but I get the same result. I have also waited minutes but nothing has happened, all I see is the blue sky and nothing beneath my player.

Edit: I don't know whether this is a cause of the emptiness, but here is one error I keep receiving:
"ERROR[EmergeThread0]: Error: An unhandled exception occurred: Invalid range (max < min)"

Glünggi

by Glünggi » Tue Dec 29, 2015 04:08

@PerrySteven
Do you use the newest version of this game from Github?
Because this error (or similar) was one of the reason why i have rework the game for 4.13
If you use the newest Version, try another Map seed. Maybe there is a rar Bug i dont know.

PerrySteven

In-game: PerrySteven

by PerrySteven » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:50

Glünggi wrote:@PerrySteven
Do you use the newest version of this game from Github?
Because this error (or similar) was one of the reason why i have rework the game for 4.13
If you use the newest Version, try another Map seed. Maybe there is a rar Bug i dont know.

I did download the latest version of GitHub. Perhaps I will try another seed.

Glünggi

by Glünggi » Mon Jan 18, 2016 23:06

I hope it will work... cause i have no idea waths wrong* whit your Version. I had download the newest win 64 build from sfan5 again and it works. There are some warnings (that i should do).. but no generall gamecrash error or "fully emptiness".

*The Error you posted say's there are a min range value that its greater than the max range value. But i have no idea where - witch this value should be... cause i cant reproduce the error. -.-
Somewhere in the mapgen.. but where?

I will care abouth the warnings... Chance "heigh_max" to "y_max " etc. (and also delete the old oregen). Maybe it help's...who knows...
and it must be done anyway ;)

edit:
I will care abouth the warnings... Chance "heigh_max" to "y_max " etc. (and also delete the old oregen).

it's done (most) - but not tested yet.

Daud

by Daud » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:33

I really enjoyed this subgame. I liked the idea of starting with very little and terraforming the land to be usable.

All the lava really makes it feel like an alien world and keeps mining really interesting (and dangerous!).

I liked the different gravity, added to the 'alien' world feel.

The wand of Gaia seemed a bit overpowered. It also feels like 'magic' but the game description sounds 'sci fi' so the theme didn't feel consistent. Maybe replace it with a craftable machine block that does the same thing to the area around it when placed.

Some of the block names in game don't match what is in the README file as well.

The prismatic furnace requires obsidian but by the time I mined down to -1000 I had a chest full of smelted ore and I really didn't need it. Maybe make obsidian easier to get early on.

Apple trees spawn quite often so the 'challenge' of surviving is over very quickly. Maybe lower the chance of getting an apple tree and give people some food at start to compensate.

Elevators were really useful for mining and were easy to craft, maybe too easy?

Overall a good game early on. Perhaps would like to see some more late game content. How about:
- hi tech stuff to craft eg guns
- tougher mobs
- earthquakes so you have to repair your land :)

Glünggi

by Glünggi » Sun Sep 18, 2016 20:58

It also feels like 'magic'

--->
Any science or technology which is sufficiently advanced is indistinguishable from magic.
- Arthur C. Clarke

haha ;) no.. youre rigth... a machineblock maybe would be a better solution.

So thank you for the feedback...the hints, suggestions and compliments

But at the moment i dosnt work on this project..
Its not dead but at a persistent vegetative state ;)
Maybe i find some motivation again... sometime

ABJ

GitHub: ABJ-MV
In-game: ABJ

by ABJ » Mon Sep 19, 2016 17:09

You could always just rename the wand and transform it into some advanced man-portable piece of equipment.
Excuse me, I don't actually play Hades, but just my 2c.

TheReaperKing

by TheReaperKing » Wed Sep 21, 2016 01:40

My students and I tried it out today and we LOVE it!! I think it really makes survival a lot harder especially when I add hunger :) Is there any water that is spawned anywhere? I did want to add thirst but if there is no water anywhere that might make it beyond difficult. I hope you don't give up on it, this is an awesome subgame!
Project Lead of the Doom 3 Mod Last Man Standing - http://Doom3Coop.com

Project Lead of Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker - http://SandboxGameMaker.com

Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/PlatinumArtsKids

Glünggi

by Glünggi » Thu Sep 22, 2016 00:48

@ABJ
Yea this could be a solution too thx.. exp a teraforminglaserbeam.. pew ;)
@TheReaperKing
I am glad that you and your students love it :)
You really dont find any water? Have you the minimap F9 turned on? That can help to find some water... else try another seed, then is it simply badluck... or a bug i dont know? You need water not only for drinking, but also to kill the lava , make dirt and for farming etc.. water is very important.
I dont want let the project die, i have spend a lot of time in it, but it does not want at the moment... time will tell
Thank you

echosa

by echosa » Mon Oct 24, 2016 01:46

I'm at the very beginning of this very cool game. However, I've planted a sapling and it's not growing into a tree. How long am I supposed to wait?

Glünggi

by Glünggi » Tue Oct 25, 2016 19:38

Thx ;)
Have you plant it on dirt?
Time is randomized... sometimes they grow fast and sometimes they grow slow.
Its better to plant 3,4 tree's not just one... so you have a bigger chance for a fast growing tree.

azekill_DIABLO

GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Sat Oct 29, 2016 17:01

Glünggi wrote:Thx ;)
Have you plant it on dirt?
Time is randomized... sometimes they grow fast and sometimes they grow slow.
Its better to plant 3,4 tree's not just one... so you have a bigger chance for a fast growing tree.
continue working glunggi! You are doing a great game!
Hi, my username is azekill_DIABLO and i'm an exelent bug-maker(yeah...i know...i have a bad reputation)

azekill_DIABLO said: Mineyoshi+ABJ+Baggins= TOPIC HIJACKED.
My Mods and Stuff | Voxellar | VoxBox on GITHUB | M.I.L.A Monster engine
WEIRD MODDING CONTEST !!!

Glünggi

by Glünggi » Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:45

Hehe ;) Thank you for trying to motivate me ;)

echosa

by echosa » Tue Nov 01, 2016 01:21

I did plant on dirt. I just got impatient and didn't wait very long. lol I'll try again sometime. :-)

azekill_DIABLO

GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Tue Nov 01, 2016 15:52

wait for it ;D
Hi, my username is azekill_DIABLO and i'm an exelent bug-maker(yeah...i know...i have a bad reputation)

azekill_DIABLO said: Mineyoshi+ABJ+Baggins= TOPIC HIJACKED.
My Mods and Stuff | Voxellar | VoxBox on GITHUB | M.I.L.A Monster engine
WEIRD MODDING CONTEST !!!

ABJ

GitHub: ABJ-MV
In-game: ABJ

by ABJ » Tue Nov 08, 2016 08:09

Your waiting has been rewarded.

Previous

Return to WIP Subgames