[Game] Build Your World [R1]

Thermal_Shock

[Game] Build Your World [R1]

by Thermal_Shock » Mon Mar 02, 2015 20:51

Build Your World is a simple skyblock game where players can grow blocks in order to create a world for themselves with no limits on where or how they build.

The game comes bundled with a premade map for players to start on. The starting platform contains four Growblocks. These create your basic building blocks. Three Matter Collectors to acquire Matter Essence. As well as a Black Box. Your chest in this game.

Collectors

Instead of mining your materials players essentially farm the basic building blocks they need to create more complex items.

Matter Collectors provide Matter Essence an essential ingredient in most crafting

Growblocks will spawn Base Blocks. The basic building block in the game. Growblocks need to be anchored to a block underneath to grow. Flipping the recipe upside down will create an upside down Growblock. Useful for allowing the player to begin building below the platform.

Colour Collectors gather light to give Colour Essence. Used to dye blocks.

Energy Collectors give Energy Essence. Combine Energy Essence with a block for a lighted block.

Recipies

Semitransparent blocks bring a little colour to your world. But lack a little something to make it opaque.

Solid coloured blocks are likely to be your primary building material.

Four Piece Blocks allow for a little extra detail in building.

Black Boxes are your chests in this game.

Slabs, stairs and doors all follow the same recipes as standard in Minetest/Minecraft.

Download

Link

Installation

Just drop the contents of the zip file into your Minetest directory and you should be good to go.

License: Any code used from the Minetest game retains it's original CC BY-SA license. All other code and textures are WTFPL.

Sokomine

Re: [Game] Build Your World [R1]

by Sokomine » Tue Mar 17, 2015 21:56

Might be intresting to play. I think the game would get most feedback if it where to run on a tiny server somewhere.
A list of my mods can be found here.

matyilona

Re: [Game] Build Your World [R1]

by matyilona » Thu Jun 25, 2015 16:59

I rellay like it, have been playing for hours. For bigger buildings and such, harvesting blocks is a bit slow, and getting all of the colors instead of just the ones you need is a bit annoying, because the others tend to pile up fast. To adress those two complaints, I written a small mod, that adds a block braker tool (made by shapeless craft from the six tertiery colored lighted blocks), for faster smashing, and a color copier(seven color collectors around an up and down growblock) for farming a specific color essence. The mod is here.

Return to WIP Subgames