[Game] Cobalt

WinkingBaby

In-game: WinkingBaby

[Game] Cobalt

by WinkingBaby » Tue Dec 13, 2016 21:57

This subgame is just a subgame that adds a ton of stuff. That's the best description I can give. You can play this online by checking out my public server here - viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16384

Mod's Included:

Game Screenshots:

Downloads:
v2 (with technic - more crashes) : http://www.mediafire.com/file/brrx4hu7b ... baltv2.zip
v2 (without technic - less crashes) : http://www.mediafire.com/file/e19m5y9mv ... rashes.zip
v1: http://www.mediafire.com/file/dddv8zdg9 ... Cobalt.zip

To keep the game from crashing so often I suggest using the 32 bit version of Minetest.

If you know of any mods that you would like in this please post a link.

Enjoy!

Edit: Fixed links
Last edited by WinkingBaby on Tue Jan 10, 2017 17:42, edited 4 times in total.

octacian

GitHub: octacian
IRC: octacian
In-game: octacian

Re: [Game] Cobalt

by octacian » Wed Dec 14, 2016 01:57

Download link?
God isn't dead!

My Coolest Mods:
MicroExpansion, Working Computers, Interchangeable Hands

Check out my YouTube channel! (octacian)

firefox

In-game: Red_Fox

by firefox » Wed Dec 14, 2016 09:25

that's a long list of mods.
it would be better if you just tell the differences between this and the Carbone game.

WinkingBaby

by WinkingBaby » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:38

endev15 wrote:Download link?

I was like half asleep when I made this post. I can't believe I forgot the link. Anyways, here you go.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/dddv8zdg9 ... Cobalt.zip

MineYoshi

GitHub: MineYosh
IRC: MineYoshi
In-game: Kirby_Retro

by MineYoshi » Wed Dec 14, 2016 18:41

firefox wrote:that's a long list of mods.
it would be better if you just tell the differences between this and the Carbone game.

More stuff... That's all :)
People talk about freedom of speech, so i'll say that God exists.
Open your eyes!! See The big unicorn conspiracy.!! :D The government has been lying to us about unicorns!!
"I've learned there are three things you don't discuss with people: religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin" - Linus Van Pelt
I'm the Officially 1st ABJist in the world ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

WinkingBaby

by WinkingBaby » Mon Jan 09, 2017 22:05

Posted an update. If you find any crafting issues reply with the issue.

LethargicChii

by LethargicChii » Fri Jan 27, 2017 18:15

Hey, I really like your subgame so far. I was really frustrated with Carbon's Mobs, as they didn't seem to spawn anything but rats, but I really liked Carbon-NG. You're subgame seems to include a lot of what Carbon has, but, the mob setup is better in my opinion.

I had tried for hours yesterday and today to make my own modpack, but, I always ran into issues of mod's being outdated etc. But this seems to have everything I wanted. The only thing I added to the Mods folder, which might suggest you add, is unified inventory. I really like the unified inventory as it has all the items in the game on the right and gives you the recipe for them. So very helpful for a newer player like myself.

I play with summerfields 32x texture pack, and it seems most of your mods are supported by it, but not all, so there are still a few 16x mod textures. I might pop over in their forum post and try and suggest support for your subgame. I really like it. I myself would be willing to help you with it also if you want, I don't have a lot of knowledge in modding this game, but, I can learn and am about to go to college for game development. I have a LOT of free time has I'm a retired veteran, so let me know if you need help :D

Also, I played a subgame, I think Dreambuilder, that had glowing ore like stones in it, do you know what mod that is?

azekill_DIABLO

GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Wed Feb 01, 2017 13:59

just to presice, cobalt is a game by mojang... even if i don't think they will attack you in justice, adding a little prefix or a letter could make the difference. and like every time sorry for breaking the fun. The game looks cool also, i like the work on armors!
Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
Hi, my username is azekill_DIABLO and i'm an exelent bug-maker(yeah...i know...i have a bad reputation)

azekill_DIABLO said: Mineyoshi+ABJ+Baggins= TOPIC HIJACKED.
My Mods and Stuff | Voxellar | VoxBox on GITHUB | M.I.L.A Monster engine
WEIRD MODDING CONTEST !!!

WinkingBaby

by WinkingBaby » Thu Feb 02, 2017 23:00

LethargicChii wrote:Hey, I really like your subgame so far. I was really frustrated with Carbon's Mobs, as they didn't seem to spawn anything but rats, but I really liked Carbon-NG. You're subgame seems to include a lot of what Carbon has, but, the mob setup is better in my opinion.

I had tried for hours yesterday and today to make my own modpack, but, I always ran into issues of mod's being outdated etc. But this seems to have everything I wanted. The only thing I added to the Mods folder, which might suggest you add, is unified inventory. I really like the unified inventory as it has all the items in the game on the right and gives you the recipe for them. So very helpful for a newer player like myself.

I play with summerfields 32x texture pack, and it seems most of your mods are supported by it, but not all, so there are still a few 16x mod textures. I might pop over in their forum post and try and suggest support for your subgame. I really like it. I myself would be willing to help you with it also if you want, I don't have a lot of knowledge in modding this game, but, I can learn and am about to go to college for game development. I have a LOT of free time has I'm a retired veteran, so let me know if you need help :D

Also, I played a subgame, I think Dreambuilder, that had glowing ore like stones in it, do you know what mod that is?

Hey, thanks for checking it out. I'm using tenplus's mobs redo I believe. Unified inventory was in before ,but I removed it because some of my friends had framerate issues because of it. You could just add it in yourself btw. If you're looking for crafting recipes I recommend you craft a crafting guide. Also, I've done very little coding for this. When I say very little I mean very little. I mainly just update crafting recipes when I find a problem with them. These are pretty much a compilation of mods that I think add the most to the game. The subgame at one time actually had 200+ mods. A lot of them were unneccessary. Anyways, feel free to add any mod you want to it. If you think it should be added to the official subgame just post here. I'll check it out. As for help, that would be great, but right now I'm still learning a bit of lua myself. Anyways, thanks again!

The glowing ore could be from Caverealms. But there are a lot of glowing ores in mods. Tell me what the ore looks like and I can browse the files for you.

Edit: In regards to Carbone having nothing but rats. That's because they use a custom version of cme I believe, and I think only peaceful mobs spawn on the surface.
Edit2: I saw your post about the minimap. Looking into that now. I think it's a mod that disables it though. You might have to craft a minimap.
Last edited by WinkingBaby on Thu Feb 02, 2017 23:10, edited 2 times in total.

WinkingBaby

by WinkingBaby » Thu Feb 02, 2017 23:04

azekill_DIABLO wrote:just to presice, cobalt is a game by mojang... even if i don't think they will attack you in justice, adding a little prefix or a letter could make the difference. and like every time sorry for breaking the fun. The game looks cool also, i like the work on armors!

Armors aren't done by me. Though I do plan to change the armors up a bit. Adamantite armor is a bit of a pain to get around with.

I doubt they would try to take this down ,but I'll consider changing the name. Thanks for checking this out! More suggestions are welcome.

Return to WIP Subgames