[Game] MineClone 2 [0.17.0]

Morn76

GitHub: mdoege

Re: [Game] MineClone 2 [0.3.0]

by Morn76 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 14:10

Wuzzy wrote:Maybe some of these mobs ended up in stampy's game by coincidence or whatever. I don' know.

It's the other way around: They were added to my mobs mod in March 2014 (https://github.com/mdoege/mobs/commits/master/models/skeleton.x) and later versions were moved to Stampy game in 2015.

Villagers were added to Stampy game in September 2015: https://github.com/mdoege/stampy_game/commit/65e27ee51715e11e9787ece59720e14d5b6f508c

Mobs_mc on the other hand is about 8 months old.

maikerumine

GitHub: maikerumine
In-game: maikerumine

by maikerumine » Wed Jan 18, 2017 14:58

https://github.com/maikerumine/mobs_mc/blob/master/license.txt
I would never take all the credit for these mobs. The license has the authors credited.

I just made the heads, enderman, ghast, and tweaked some codes, as well as compile them in this pack.

+ Spoiler

Morn76

by Morn76 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 15:05

maikerumine wrote:https://github.com/maikerumine/mobs_mc/blob/master/license.txt
I would never take all the credit for these mobs. The license has the authors credited.

I think it would be better to put this information in README[.txt] or REAMDE.md as I did in my fork of simple mobs which contained the models. The sad reality on GitHub is that most people who clone/download only look at the README on the main GitHub repo page. All other .txt files seem to be ignored in my experience.

maikerumine

GitHub: maikerumine
In-game: maikerumine

by maikerumine » Wed Jan 18, 2017 15:15

Morn76 wrote:
maikerumine wrote:https://github.com/maikerumine/mobs_mc/blob/master/license.txt

I think it would be better to put this information in README[.txt] or REAMDE.md as I did in my fork of simple mobs which contained the models. The sad reality on GitHub is that most people who clone/download only look at the README on the main GitHub repo page. All other .txt files seem to be ignored in my experience.

DONE!
:)

Morn76

by Morn76 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 15:33

maikerumine wrote:DONE!
:)

Thanks! :-)

texmex

GitHub: tacotexmex
In-game: texmex

by texmex » Wed Jan 18, 2017 15:45

Thanks for bringing the mob sources to light, it has helped me greatly. Now perhaps we should stay out of Wuzzy's thread. :*)
I spend all my days going down to the mines. Under the ground where the sun never shines. Breaking my back I put heat in your house. I’ve got the roar of a digtron, the breath of a mouse.

Morn76

by Morn76 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 16:07

texmex wrote:Thanks for bringing the mob sources to light, it has helped me greatly. Now perhaps we should stay out of Wuzzy's thread. :*)

I don't think Wuzzy minds, after all we are here to help. There might be more things in Stampy_game that he could integrate in MineClone2. Especially as my goal with my subgame was never a complete clone of MC, so all these subgames can peacefully coexist with different objectives.

A proper wolves/dog mod that look like MC, with collars that can be dyed, teleporting dogs, sitting down, etc. would be nice to have I think. Maybe if we ask nicely Pavel can come back and animate other animals for us? :-)

I have also experimented with pathfinding in simple mobs, but could never get it to work. 3-D pathfinding would be important for spiders, if they can also climb walls.

GreenDimond

GitHub: GreenXenith
IRC: GreenDimond
In-game: GreenDimond

by GreenDimond » Wed Jan 18, 2017 17:06

Big list of stuff to add/fix coming soon...
I am Green. I tend to binge-post. "All of this over a 16x16 representation of a cartoon cat ?!?! what has this world come to..." -TenPlus1, 2017.
Diz mah mods! :D ↑ github.com/minetest/minetest_game/issues/1647#issuecomment-288134572 ↑
Sand Plus - Tac Nayn - Waffles - Coming Soon: Caverealms Plus

GreenDimond

by GreenDimond » Wed Jan 18, 2017 17:57

More stuff to fix/add:
-Inverted sensor shouldnt be obtainable (i dont even think it exists)
-fix that I cant remove tnt in creative (but can in survival)
-fix that slimes dont seem to jump any more
-dog model is wrong
-pigmen attack me in creative
-edit: all mobs now attack me in creative but didnt before (even villager hates me). I think its cause i went to survival and back so now its messed up
-enderman is all messed up
-most models are wrong
-most textures are wrong
-arrows should stick in blocks
-need less caves
-smaller caves
-less lava in lava caves
-You need more Minecraft-like commands
-Need to add gamemode commands (you could modify these mods to your needs)
-need rain/snow (with /toggledownfall command aswell)
-slimes should have random spawn size (same with magma cube)
-Nametags!!!!
-If mob named "Dinnerbone" or "Grumm" it should flip upside down
-If sheep named "jeb_" then it goes thru all colors forever.

Lucky you! I have done the work to give you screenshots of every inventory menu with the items! Yep, it shows all the items and menus. I also have screenshotted (english much?) every mob in minecraft (whoops, forgot snow golem, iron golem, wither boss, and ender dragon. will get later)!
The file was too big for the forum (26.2 MB) so I uploaded it to filedropper.
Notes about the screenshots:
-Only got 2 bunny colors, there are actually more
-Only got normal sheep, should be grey and black aswell (uncommon) and a pink sheep (even more uncommon than natural mese blocks, seriously, they exist.)
-There are a LOT of guardian pics cause it is REALLY hard to screenshot them out of water (and hard to see in water)

More coming eventually!
-Green
I am Green. I tend to binge-post. "All of this over a 16x16 representation of a cartoon cat ?!?! what has this world come to..." -TenPlus1, 2017.
Diz mah mods! :D ↑ github.com/minetest/minetest_game/issues/1647#issuecomment-288134572 ↑

Wuzzy

GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Thu Jan 19, 2017 03:26

Wow, thanks a lot! Although I already know how the mobs look like, thanks to the wiki.
But the creative categories are certainly helping.
I'm creating MineClone 2, a Minecraft clone for Minetest.
I made the Help modpack, adding in-game help to Minetest.

GreenDimond

by GreenDimond » Sat Jan 21, 2017 17:17

-chat needs to be on bottom
-minecraft chat font

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Sun Jan 22, 2017 15:53

GreenDimond wrote:-dog model is wrong
-most models are wrong
-most textures are wrong
-fix item frame texture

Sorry, saying that texture XYZ is “wrong” is not helping. I have no idea what you mean.

The commands in this mod are already included. But MineClone 2 is far from having all commands, obviously.

Can you suggest a good weather mod which you think would best imitate Minecraft atm?

-Nametags!!!!

Already included, but they will be improved in next version.

-If mob named "Dinnerbone" or "Grumm" it should flip upside down
-If sheep named "jeb_" then it goes thru all colors forever.

Easter eggs have the lowest priority.

This could be done in theory, but it would be an ugly hack at the moment, so I don't do it. As I said earlier, I don't try to stay true to the graphics and GUI 100%, but I also won't totally ignore it.

-minecraft chat font

Font is a client setting (font_path), I can't set it in the subgame (sadly). You can download a Minecraft font here: http://www.dafont.com/minecraftia.font

-fix that I cant remove tnt in creative (but can in survival)

Fixed in next version.

GreenDimond

by GreenDimond » Tue Jan 24, 2017 02:41

Wuzzy wrote:
GreenDimond wrote:-dog model is wrong
-most models are wrong
-most textures are wrong
-fix item frame texture

Sorry, saying that texture XYZ is “wrong” is not helping. I have no idea what you mean.

Sorry...
-Dog model is currently the Minetest model. Minecraft model is different.
-Enderman looks nothing like the Minecraft enderman.
-Most mob models in general don't look much like Minecraft
-Some textures in general don't look much like Minecraft either.
I can't help but be vague on the last 2. The textures of course don't have to be perfect, but the models should be close.

Can you suggest a good weather mod which you think would best imitate Minecraft atm?

Maybe something like this but maybe modified a bit?

This could be done in theory, but it would be an ugly hack at the moment, so I don't do it. As I said earlier, I don't try to stay true to the graphics and GUI 100%, but I also won't totally ignore it.

Look at this mod and maybe modify a bit?
Last edited by GreenDimond on Tue Jan 24, 2017 02:56, edited 4 times in total.

GreenDimond

by GreenDimond » Tue Jan 24, 2017 02:50

[DELETED POST]

Morn76

by Morn76 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 17:46

With recent MT git builds, when I light TNT in MineClone 2 the MT client freezes and consumes 100% CPU.

I have bisected this issue, and it looks like this MT commit created the problem: https://github.com/minetest/minetest/commit/7279f0b37335396c85f6bdd7dc67ff56e53df0f9

TNT in minetest_game (which also uses particles) does not cause the game to freeze. But in Stampy game, the client freezes, almost immediately upon logging into a world. My subgame uses all kinds of particles, e.g. for lava.

I am not sure if this is a proper engine bug or just some problem with the MC 2 and Stampy subgames. That is also why I have not yet filed a bug report at the main MT repo. Is anybody else seeing this freezing problem?

Wuzzy

Re: [Game] MineClone 2 [0.4.0]

by Wuzzy » Tue Jan 24, 2017 22:31

Morn76: I do not like to support bleeding edge versions of Minetest. Supporting latest stable is hard enough.

Version 0.4.0 released!

• Creative inventory reacts much faster now and is much less annoying to use now
  • Categorize most or all items into correct creative inventory categories
  • Allow to press enter in creative inventory search
  • Fix most appearance issues of creative inventory, and make other creative improvements
  • Added missing armor preview images
  • No more easy jumping over fence gates
  • Fix TNT not diggable in creative
  • Change mob health
  • Change player physics
  • Don't display mob health anymore
  • Fix some items you get with fishing rod (work is not finished)
  • Change some incorrect item names
  • Add saddle
  • Hunger system has a bit more Minecraft-like values (work is not finished)
  • Major code refactor everywhere to avoid potential weird bugs (work is not finished)

Replies

About chat:
Look at this mod and maybe modify a bit?

The features seem pretty esoteric. Also, I do not like to mess with the chat position like this, as this mod most likely circumvents the client's chat display which I don't want to do as this may introduce pointless lag.
Can you mention specific and functional Minecraft chat features you're missing?
I think changing the chat position is a missing engine feature.

About mob models:
I have very little experience with modelling. I will maybe eventually try my best to create my own models later. But I will gladly accept model submissions.
I agree, the wolf/dog does indeed look way too off.

About the weather mod:
Thanks. I will look at it.

Morn76

by Morn76 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 23:28

Wuzzy wrote:Morn76: I do not like to support bleeding edge versions of Minetest. Supporting latest stable is hard enough.

I just wanted to mention this problem so if the next stable MT release still has this issue, we already know which commit to investigate. As only two subgames seem to be affected so far, it is probably not something the MT engine devs will fix for us.

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Tue Jan 24, 2017 23:52

Please file an issue on GitHub anyway.

GreenDimond

by GreenDimond » Wed Jan 25, 2017 01:25

Just a few things:
-Creative mode survival inventory does not have the player preview (dunno if this bug or not).
-Inventory tabs have outlined boxes around the tab icons as well as the helmet when on the player preview.
-For armor slots: Each armor piece should only go in their designated area, I shouldn't be able to put them just anywhere.
-Add dyed leather armor?
-Slippery ice
-Carrot on a stick (and make pigs controllable with them)
-Steve's sitting model should not have legs in front. More down-diagonal spread apart(ish).
-Breeding?

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Wed Jan 25, 2017 01:39

GreenDimond wrote:Just a few things:
-Creative mode survival inventory does not have the player preview (dunno if this bug or not).

This is of course on the TODO list.

-Inventory tabs have outlined boxes around the tab icons as well as the helmet when on the player preview.

The outlines are intentional, they mark the clickable area on the tabs, because you (sadly) can not click on the entire tab. Maybe I should find a trick to make the entire tab area clickable, because this doesn't look nice and is maybe even a bit confusing.
I have no idea what you mean with the helmets.

-For armor slots: Each armor piece should only go in their designated area, I shouldn't be able to put them just anywhere.
-Add dyed leather armor?
-Steve's sitting model should not have legs in front. More down-diagonal spread apart(ish).
-Carrot on a stick (and make pigs controllable with them)
-Breeding?

Yes.

-Slippery ice

Missing engine feature. :-(
People attempted to implement it already but so far, it never got merged.
Freeminer has slippery ice, but I probably won't jump ship and go to Freeminer just for one feature.

azekill_DIABLO

GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Wed Jan 25, 2017 09:50

could someone explain me why the voxbox guy has arrived in your survival inventory?
Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
Hi, my username is azekill_DIABLO and i'm an exelent bug-maker(yeah...i know...i have a bad reputation)

azekill_DIABLO said: Mineyoshi+ABJ+Baggins= TOPIC HIJACKED.
My Mods and Stuff | Voxellar | VoxBox on GITHUB | M.I.L.A Monster engine
WEIRD MODDING CONTEST !!!

Morn76

by Morn76 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 17:23

Wuzzy wrote:Please file an issue on GitHub anyway.

I think the issue is that in our subgames, "add_particle[spawner]" is sometimes not called with a Lua table, but just a list of parameters, which apparently no longer works. If I change the code to pass a proper table, the crash for that particular particle no longer happens. E.g. in Blockmen's torches mod I changed
Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
   minetest.add_particle(pos, null, null, duration,
                  1.5, true, "torches_fire"..tostring(math.random(1,2)) ..".png")

to

minetest.add_particle({
         pos = pos,
         velocity = {x=0, y=0, z=0},
         acceleration = {x=0, y=0, z=0},
         expirationtime = duration,
         size = 1.5,
         collisiondetection = true,
         texture = "torches_fire"..tostring(math.random(1,2)) ..".png",
         })

Quite a few mods such as potions still use the old-style call.

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Wed Jan 25, 2017 19:15

azekill_DIABLO wrote:could someone explain me why the voxbox guy has arrived in your survival inventory?

Because I forked the craftingpack modpack from VoxBox (which in turn took the craftingpack modpack from PilzAdam and modified a little bit), and I haven't gotten around to replace this texture yet.
Whenever you find some legacy stuff or odd textures, it's probably going to be replaced sooner or later. But feel free to continue to report any oddities you find, especially if you think they might be not so obvious to me.

Morn76: Interesting. Yeah, the legacy add_particle function should definitely be replaced. Thanks for noticing. In MineClone 2 there are still some legacy mods laying around which I have to replace over time.

Morn76

by Morn76 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 22:00

Wuzzy wrote:Morn76: Interesting. Yeah, the legacy add_particle function should definitely be replaced. Thanks for noticing. In MineClone 2 there are still some legacy mods laying around which I have to replace over time.

I've fixed my subgame now, it wasn't so bad. I just wonder whether this deprecation of the old call method by sfan5 was intentional or not. His commit message certainly does not suggest he was aware of any API issues for mods.

I have now upgraded my MT build to the latest git version to get smooth lighting (which looks gorgeous BTW), so please fix MineClone 2 soon. :-)

Robsoie

by Robsoie » Thu Jan 26, 2017 13:48

Hello,

Playing only with this subgame, no mods added.
I just gave a test , and here are some report

-Very- lot of these error messages , it started when i walked near to that structure (apparently a dungeon generated above ground) :
http://i.imgur.com/NI3Bb2r.jpg
2017-01-26 14:30:22: ERROR[Emerge-0]: Map::setNode(): Not allowing to place CONTENT_IGNORE while trying to replace "air" at (-45,30,172) (block (-3,1,10))
2017-01-26 14:30:22: ERROR[Emerge-0]: Map::setNode(): Not allowing to place CONTENT_IGNORE while trying to replace "air" at (-43,26,171) (block (-3,1,10))
2017-01-26 14:30:22: ERROR[Emerge-0]: Map::setNode(): Not allowing to place CONTENT_IGNORE while trying to replace "air" at (-43,26,178) (block (-3,1,11))
2017-01-26 14:30:22: ERROR[Emerge-0]: Map::setNode(): Not allowing to place CONTENT_IGNORE while trying to replace "air" at (-43,27,177) (block (-3,1,11))
2017-01-26 14:30:22: ERROR[Emerge-0]: Map::setNode(): Not allowing to place CONTENT_IGNORE while trying to replace "air" at (-43,29,170) (block (-3,1,10))
2017-01-26 14:30:22: ERROR[Emerge-0]: Map::setNode(): Not allowing to place CONTENT_IGNORE while trying to replace "air" at (-43,29,174) (block (-3,1,10))
2017-01-26 14:30:22: ERROR[Emerge-0]: Map::setNode(): Not allowing to place CONTENT_IGNORE

- Found a village and it seems that all buildings are placed on the same plane, regardless on how the ground is, leading then to several buildings floating wrongly instead of landing on the ground :
http://i.imgur.com/tyf8AC4.jpg
On another test world, same situation but several building had only there roof visible due to a hill burying them instead of the house landing on those hills

- Got several of these too :
2017-01-26 14:32:27: WARNING[Main]: Irrlicht: Could not open file of texture: mobs_skeleton.png
2017-01-26 14:32:31: WARNING[Main]: Irrlicht: Could not open file of texture: mobs_creeper.png
2017-01-26 14:32:31: WARNING[Main]: Irrlicht: Could not open file of texture: mobs_creeper.png
2017-01-26 14:32:32: WARNING[Main]: Irrlicht: Unknown data object in animation of .x file: AnimTicksPerSecond
2017-01-26 14:32:32: WARNING[Main]: Irrlicht: Unknown data object in animation of .x file: AnimTicksPerSecond
2017-01-26 14:32:36: WARNING[Main]: Irrlicht: Could not open file of texture: mobs_creeper.png
2017-01-26 14:32:36: WARNING[Main]: Irrlicht: Could not open file of texture: mobs_creeper.png
2017-01-26 14:32:37: WARNING[Main]: Irrlicht: Could not open file of texture: mobs_skeleton.png
2017-01-26 14:32:37: WARNING[Main]: Irrlicht: Could not open file of texture: mobs_skeleton.png

Height limit at ca. 31000 because the height limit just adds frustrations and has no gameplay relevance in Minecraft. But indestructible bedrock is added at ca. Y=-90 for gameplay reasons

It's not working, the bedrock can be dug through without problem
2017-01-26 14:45:30: ACTION[Server]: singleplayer digs default:bedrock at (9,-83,140)
2017-01-26 14:45:38: ACTION[Server]: singleplayer digs default:bedrock at (9,-86,140)
2017-01-26 14:45:46: ACTION[Server]: singleplayer digs default:bedrock at (9,-87,140)
2017-01-26 14:45:46: ACTION[Server]: singleplayer digs default:bedrock at (9,-89,140)
2017-01-26 14:45:47: ACTION[Server]: singleplayer digs default:stone at (9,-95,140)
2017-01-26 14:45:48: ACTION[Server]: singleplayer digs default:stone at (9,-96,140)
2017-01-26 14:45:48: ACTION[Server]: singleplayer digs default:stone at (9,-97,140)
2017-01-26 14:45:48: ACTION[Server]: singleplayer digs default:stone at (9,-98,140)
2017-01-26 14:45:48: ACTION[Server]: singleplayer digs default:stone at (9,-99,140)
2017-01-26 14:45:48: ACTION[Server]: singleplayer digs default:stone at (9,-100,140)

Not sure if anything can be done or if it's an engine problem, but even if the bedrock was actually indestructible, Minetest continue to generate caves and etc... under it, for performance i guess it's bad.

Morn76

by Morn76 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 14:20

Robsoie wrote:It's not working, the bedrock can be dug through without problem

@Wuzzy: Bedrock needs to be added to the immortal group, so it cannot be destroyed.
   groups = { immortal = 1 },

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Thu Jan 26, 2017 19:04

The huge amount of error messages probably comes from broken villages. Villages and other mapgen structures are very broken and need a major rework.

Bedrock CAN be dug in creative mode, this is intentional and reflects Minecraft behaviour. But it is unbreakable to me in non-creative mode. If you CAN dig bedrock even in non-creative mode, then it's a bug, but I need to know more details to fix it.
The immortal group actually does nothing for blocks (at least from the engine side). This is an old Minetest superstition advanced by me. I was wrong. Sorry for the confusion. The immortal group is actually only intended to be used on entities, where it disables damage. Minetest has no similar behaviour for blocks. For blocks, you can add stuff like diggable = false.

I am still confused about the mob texture and Irrlicht errors. I currently don't really know how to fix these.

Please don't be mad at me for so many bugs, this game is still in alpha stage, so stuff like this, even very horrible bugs, are to be expected. ;-) But feel free to continue to post bug reports, as those are very important.

D00Med

GitHub: D00Med

by D00Med » Thu Jan 26, 2017 21:42

I've had that problem with the mob textures before.
The mob texture problem can be fixed if you export models using a custom .b3d export plugin.
It's somewhere on the forums, try searching for it.
Look! I have a signature :]
My subgame: https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=14051#p207242
dmobs2 is coming...

Robsoie

by Robsoie » Thu Jan 26, 2017 21:57

No problem with the bugs, it's a work in progress so it's obviously expected to run into some as the engine has bugs on its own already :)

About the irlicht and the texture i noticed this :
Further research on the "Could not open file of texture" warning:
When Irrlicht loads a mesh like character.b3d it automatically tries to load any textures mentioned in that file (eg, character.b3d mentions character.png so Irrlicht tries to load character.png from the current directory).
Removing the texture from the files seems to work.
There doesn't seem to be a way to disable the auto-loading, therefore this appears to be an upstream issue in Irrlicht.

from
https://github.com/minetest/minetest/issues/3257

I copied then moved the mobs_skeleton.png and mobs_creeper.png from the textures folder to the models one (so i have both texture in both folders) but when trying a new world, the messages will still happen

Very odd, as i found skeletons and creepers and they have their textures.

Morn76

by Morn76 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:01

According to https://github.com/minetest/minetest/issues/3257#issuecomment-183187504, it looks like the solution would be to remove the texture file name from the .x models. E.g. remove

TextureFilename {"cow.png";}

from cow.x, or even remove the whole Material Cow_Mat block.

Blender likes to export its models with material information, which Irrlicht doesn't need I think, or at least not the texture name.

Edit: Yep, this fix works: https://github.com/mdoege/stampy_game/commit/79080a2bba2c5ec38da0da9ad913e98417b100d8 No error messages about textures anymore.

I guess we simply need to make sure not to check "Export Materials" when exporting from Blender in the future.

PreviousNext

Return to WIP Subgames