[Game] The RealTest Game [realtest]

Dan Duncombe

by Dan Duncombe » Fri Jun 14, 2013 00:03

How do you make the hammer? I've tried block of cobble, stone, stone blocks and NONE work. So, how do I make the hammer?
Last edited by Dan Duncombe on Fri Jun 14, 2013 00:04, edited 1 time in total.
Some Mods: Castles Prefab Camouflage
My Games: Nostalgia Realtest Revamped
Servers: See above games.

Topywo

by Topywo » Fri Jun 14, 2013 09:17

Dan Duncombe wrote:How do you make the hammer? I've tried block of cobble, stone, stone blocks and NONE work. So, how do I make the hammer?

From post 1:
https://github.com/sda97ghb/realtest/wiki

Looks like you first need to make a 6 cobble hammerhead and put the resulting craft above a stick.

Dan Duncombe

by Dan Duncombe » Fri Jun 14, 2013 17:01

Thanks, didn't see that bit... Thanks for pointing it out!
Topywo wrote:
Dan Duncombe wrote:How do you make the hammer? I've tried block of cobble, stone, stone blocks and NONE work. So, how do I make the hammer?

From post 1:
https://github.com/sda97ghb/realtest/wiki

Looks like you first need to make a 6 cobble hammerhead and put the resulting craft above a stick.

andersje

by andersje » Sun Jun 30, 2013 01:59

Is anyone running this with 0.4.7? I'm trying to hammer pig iron ingots into wrought iron ingots, using the anvil. But it's not doing anything. I'm not sure if I'm reading the code wrong, or if there is an actual bug.
I don't always test my code, but when I do, I test it in production.

Jordach

GitHub: Jordach
IRC: Jordach
In-game: Jordach

by Jordach » Sun Jun 30, 2013 08:58

andersje wrote:Is anyone running this with 0.4.7? I'm trying to hammer pig iron ingots into wrought iron ingots, using the anvil. But it's not doing anything. I'm not sure if I'm reading the code wrong, or if there is an actual bug.
This game hasn't been updated for a very long time, and is probably broken.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡o ͜ʖ ͡o) [$ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) $] ( ͡$ ͜ʖ ͡$) ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

My image and media server is back online and is functioning as normal.

Inocudom

IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:36

I don't think sda97 is with us anymore. He hasn't been updating his moreflowers mod either.

xyz

by xyz » Sun Jun 30, 2013 20:02

Jordach wrote:
andersje wrote:Is anyone running this with 0.4.7? I'm trying to hammer pig iron ingots into wrought iron ingots, using the anvil. But it's not doing anything. I'm not sure if I'm reading the code wrong, or if there is an actual bug.

Last commit is 3 days ago. We use it at minetest.ru with 0.4.7.

Inocudom

IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Sun Jun 30, 2013 22:51

xyz wrote:
Jordach wrote:

Last commit is 3 days ago. We use it at minetest.ru with 0.4.7.

Any changes that are made should be made public so that people can know about them and know that this game mode is not dead.

Dan Duncombe

by Dan Duncombe » Wed Jul 03, 2013 21:08

HELP! I can't find anything apart from pig iron and clay- even at -1734 depth!
EDIT: Also, could a mod work with this if it used these new nodes? So I could make mods for Realtest...
Last edited by Dan Duncombe on Wed Jul 03, 2013 21:09, edited 1 time in total.

durtective6

In-game: derplez

by durtective6 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:49

i cant get the trees mod to work

Dan Duncombe

by Dan Duncombe » Fri Aug 16, 2013 13:06

durtective6 wrote:i cant get the trees mod to work

Open the games folder, go to mods, go to the tree mod folder, open depends.txt, and add 'bonfire' to the bottom.

durtective6

In-game: derplez

by durtective6 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 13:19

thanks it works now

hixnow

by hixnow » Sun Sep 01, 2013 19:46

*clay generator is broken* The accuracy of the information 100%
The latest working version is 1.0.18 << is a link

alisson

by alisson » Sat Sep 07, 2013 18:26

what a game it s a very good

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:20

Is this ever going to be updatedto 0.4.7?
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right

Dan Duncombe

by Dan Duncombe » Thu Sep 12, 2013 15:07

jojoa1997 wrote:Is this ever going to be updatedto 0.4.7?

It works on 0.4.7 you know.

Dan Duncombe

by Dan Duncombe » Sun Oct 27, 2013 16:54

Just to note, I have forked this. I have already added an inventory icon,and hope to get to the bottom of the lag problem.

jenova99sephiros

In-game: Jenova

by jenova99sephiros » Mon Oct 28, 2013 06:20

I think this is okay to add a new element soon!
I english google translator

kotolegokot

by kotolegokot » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:02

New revamped and alive Realtest is there.
I'm creator of these mods: Locked sign, Locked furnace, Money. And I'm a developer of The RealTest Game.

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Thu Dec 05, 2013 03:13

I've only played with Dan Duncombe's version of RealTest so far, which still ought to be similar enough to this originalgame where it was derived from in most parts. The game is quite intresting in some aspects. The main problem I have with it is that realism makes building pretty hard - which is realistic - but which I don't want because building for me is the most important part of the game.

There are some parts of realtest (mods) that I'd like to have in other worlds/games as well. The decorations mod would be extremly easy to use with minetest_game. That's no problem. The trees are more tricky and most intresting at the same time. The textures of the planks fits better to that of normal wood than the moretrees planks. The wood has nice, distinct colors and is easier to harvest than moretree trees. Plus there are those decorative other items (chests, doors, fences, hatches, ladder, chair, table) that are available in all wood "colors". Would it be ok for you if the trees where made usable with minetest_game? They'd loose some of their distinct features (no logs cut with saws, although those logs have nice textures as well) and be more like normal minetest_game/moretrees trees, while retaining textures and general shape/structure. They'd provide anoter type of wood to build with.

Another very intresting point is the anvil. It's kind of a core element of RealTest. Using it directly with minetest_game would not be possible. Yet I can imagine that players who love to play with technic might be intrested in playing with the anvil as well. What could be used would be mostly ideas and perhaps formspecs. Instead of plans created on a scribing table, samples (i.e. a stone pick/axe/...) could be used. Perhaps doing wire and copper coils could also be possible.

But for a start, getting the trees into a minetest_game based mod would be very desirable. May I do so and use your textures? It might be intresting to integrate them into moretrees, provided someone can provide the necessary L-system string/code for them.
A list of my mods can be found here.

kotolegokot

by kotolegokot » Thu Dec 05, 2013 15:07

Sokomine wrote:I've only played with Dan Duncombe's version of RealTest so far, which still ought to be similar enough to this originalgame where it was derived from in most parts. The game is quite intresting in some aspects. The main problem I have with it is that realism makes building pretty hard - which is realistic - but which I don't want because building for me is the most important part of the game.

There are some parts of realtest (mods) that I'd like to have in other worlds/games as well. The decorations mod would be extremly easy to use with minetest_game. That's no problem. The trees are more tricky and most intresting at the same time. The textures of the planks fits better to that of normal wood than the moretrees planks. The wood has nice, distinct colors and is easier to harvest than moretree trees. Plus there are those decorative other items (chests, doors, fences, hatches, ladder, chair, table) that are available in all wood "colors". Would it be ok for you if the trees where made usable with minetest_game? They'd loose some of their distinct features (no logs cut with saws, although those logs have nice textures as well) and be more like normal minetest_game/moretrees trees, while retaining textures and general shape/structure. They'd provide anoter type of wood to build with.

Another very intresting point is the anvil. It's kind of a core element of RealTest. Using it directly with minetest_game would not be possible. Yet I can imagine that players who love to play with technic might be intrested in playing with the anvil as well. What could be used would be mostly ideas and perhaps formspecs. Instead of plans created on a scribing table, samples (i.e. a stone pick/axe/...) could be used. Perhaps doing wire and copper coils could also be possible.

But for a start, getting the trees into a minetest_game based mod would be very desirable. May I do so and use your textures? It might be intresting to integrate them into moretrees, provided someone can provide the necessary L-system string/code for them.

Of course, you can use the code on the terms of GPLv3. But textures are taken from Minecraft mod "TerraFirmaCraft", that's why neither you nor we can use it.
I'm creator of these mods: Locked sign, Locked furnace, Money. And I'm a developer of The RealTest Game.

ZacAttack

by ZacAttack » Thu Dec 05, 2013 17:50

Im going to try this
Zdg

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Fri Dec 06, 2013 03:41

kotolegokot wrote:Of course, you can use the code on the terms of GPLv3. But textures are taken from Minecraft mod "TerraFirmaCraft", that's why neither you nor we can use it.

Thank you for the information. Perhaps using our standard planks texture and just applying some dye might be enough. That would even help insofar as planks from those trees would then fit excellent to the normal ones. Kind of like a limited, more wood-colored selection of colredwood.

Regarding the anvil, textures are even less of a problem because such an anvil for minetest_game will use the normal/moreores ingots.
A list of my mods can be found here.

Azuna

by Azuna » Thu Jan 09, 2014 18:35

what should you rename it to?

Enke

GitHub: NANOsoldierEnke
IRC: Enke
In-game: Enke

by Enke » Fri Jan 10, 2014 01:15

Azuna wrote:what should you rename it to?

Reaname the folder to ''realtest'' (No quotes)
Lush8
ExtraVars for Red Eclipse

<Anarchid> my turn was still the most awesome, yielding all the cripples, two captured paranormals, and death rate of about 30%
<ORCACommander> Anarchid: you need to work harder
<ORCACommander> I am hereby putting you under review until you can increase the casualty rate

Jouster27

by Jouster27 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 01:55

I tried installing in the normal mods folder but got an error because there wasn't an init.lua file. On a hunch, I tried installing it in the /game folder of the Minetest program directory and was able to create a game. I'm not sure if that was what was intended or not but I didn't see any installation instructions (sorry if I missed them). It might be a good idea to include installation instructions in the readme file.

I'm just hoping I guessed right. Even though I was able to start a game, the chunk generation time seems to be really long so I'm wondering if I made a mistake.

Novacain

by Novacain » Sat Feb 22, 2014 03:57

Jouster27 wrote:I tried installing in the normal mods folder but got an error because there wasn't an init.lua file. On a hunch, I tried installing it in the /game folder of the Minetest program directory and was able to create a game. I'm not sure if that was what was intended or not but I didn't see any installation instructions (sorry if I missed them). It might be a good idea to include installation instructions in the readme file.

I'm just hoping I guessed right. Even though I was able to start a game, the chunk generation time seems to be really long so I'm wondering if I made a mistake.

it is labeled as a game, in the game directory, so putting it into games was probably the right idea. also, some mapgens do take longer.
EXTERMINATE!!!
My Tronrealm modpack
My tronblocks mod

Dragonop

GitHub: Dragonop
IRC: Dragonop
In-game: Dragonop

Re: [Game] The RealTest Game [realtest]

by Dragonop » Sat Aug 16, 2014 17:19

My brain is goin to Implode.

Krock

GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Sat Aug 16, 2014 21:15

Dragonop wrote:My brain is goin to Implode.

I'd like to see that.
Newest Win32 builds - Find a mod - All my mods
ALL YOUR DONATION ARE BELONG TO PARAMAT (Please support him and Minetest)
New DuckDuckGo !bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

dgm5555

by dgm5555 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 23:30

a recent post is discussing mapgen8. What about using realtest ores with a more realistic mapgen under minetest_game? https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10855 (or was this already suggested?)

PreviousNext

Return to WIP Subgames