0.4.8 Survival mode

anrosi

0.4.8 Survival mode

by anrosi » Tue Dec 03, 2013 13:06

Hello

I just installed minetest 0.4.8 (I had a previous install of 0.4.7) and the game is always in creative mode. I cannot start a game in survival mode, though I uncheck the Creative Mode box.

rubenwardy

GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Tue Dec 03, 2013 13:13

When creative mode is on, all the items should appear in a scrollable box on the left of the inventory (press I).

When it is off, this should not be here.

Please check this.

anrosi

by anrosi » Tue Dec 03, 2013 13:39

Thanks
So I'm not in creative mode. But my problem is that I installed the unified inventory mod, and when I play with creative mode off, I have a liste on the right with every objects in the game (which is quite useful for crafting recipes), and when I click on any of these objects I get 99 of it in my inventory. So It's quite easy to have everything without looking for it... :)
any idea of what's going on ?

sfan5

GitHub: sfan5
IRC: sfan5

by sfan5 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 13:48

Just disable the unified inventory mod for that world
Mods: Mesecons | WorldEdit | Nuke
Minetest builds for Windows (32-bit & 64-bit)

nolan

by nolan » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:10

anrosi wrote:Thanks
So I'm not in creative mode. But my problem is that I installed the unified inventory mod, and when I play with creative mode off, I have a liste on the right with every objects in the game

That is a craft guide, it will just have items that u click and it tells you what you need to do to craft a specific item. This is not a creative inventory, you cannot take items from it.
Minecraft Came Out For The Ps3

BrandonReese

GitHub: bremaweb
IRC: BrandonReese
In-game: BrandonReese

by BrandonReese » Wed Dec 04, 2013 14:13

In the latest unified inventory if you have the creative permission it is a creative inventory. Can you revoke a priv for yourself in singleplayer?

Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
/revoke singleplayer creative

ShadowNinja

GitHub: ShadowNinja
IRC: ShadowNinja
In-game: ShadowNinja

by ShadowNinja » Wed Dec 04, 2013 15:42

anrosi wrote:Thanks
So I'm not in creative mode. But my problem is that I installed the unified inventory mod, and when I play with creative mode off, I have a liste on the right with every objects in the game (which is quite useful for crafting recipes), and when I click on any of these objects I get 99 of it in my inventory. So It's quite easy to have everything without looking for it... :)
any idea of what's going on ?

Unified inventory now has a 'creative' privilege. In singleplayer mode this can not be revoked and is given automatically, I intend to change that.
Until then, just click on the crafting guide button before clicking in an item.
After I have changed it you might have to "/revoke singleplayer creative"

EDIT: Actually it shouldn't be granted to singleplayer automatically and should be revocable now.
Last edited by ShadowNinja on Wed Dec 04, 2013 15:46, edited 1 time in total.
I play on my Minetest server and VanessaE's.
The best way to contact me is usually IRC (InchraNet, freenode).

Return to Minetest Problems