Fireflies....

dannydark

Fireflies....

by dannydark » Mon Aug 15, 2011 21:53

I've come a across a few places now with 100's of fireflies just in a little 3x3 square underground, I could understand if it was a cave or something but its not these patches of 100's fireflies is within stone blocks (i.e. no air blocks) found quite a few of these.

also me and my friends have setup a town near some water and have noticed a massive amount of of fireflies hanging around the water, I went through and grabbed just over 4 stacks of 99 and still there where loads.

now I do quite like the fireflies that are new our town but just a little concerned about if it will cause framerate issues on lower end laptops etc, is there point that the mobs are killed? like upon server restart or something?

With the fireflies in the ground....again not affecting gameplay just thought I would report it :)

EDIT: Just wanted to say, whoever thought of adding Fireflies is awesome! :D
Last edited by dannydark on Mon Aug 15, 2011 22:01, edited 1 time in total.

No-Half-Measures

by No-Half-Measures » Mon Aug 15, 2011 23:34

Fireflies really need more testing on the really, i Haven't seen any Fireflies. So combining my lack of seeing them and your huge amounts of them in a single area suggests that their way they spawn needs a little tinkering.

dannydark

by dannydark » Tue Aug 16, 2011 00:52

lol yeh, I have a screen shot of the square underground (i dug it out a little):

[img=so pretty]http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/8118/firefliese.png[/img]

We also have probably twice that amount near our town lol.

Return to Minetest Problems