[Solved] Annoying Bug Won't Let Me Play

Mihobre

[Solved] Annoying Bug Won't Let Me Play

by Mihobre » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:40

I've made a Minetest world and it worked. Worked good. Then, when I restarted my laptop, I tried playing my world again and this showed up:
Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
19:22:08: ERROR[main]: A serialization error occurred:
19:22:08: ERROR[main]: ServerEnvironment::loadMeta(): EnvArgsEnd not found
19:22:08: ERROR[main]: The server is probably  running a different version of Minetest.
After that, I tried again, still can't play. I restarted my laptop again, still won't work. I tried my other world and it worked, though. Any tips? Please help me. I've put so much effort in making that world.
I wanna fly!!!
I wanna have feathery wings of silver, blue, and white!!!
I wanna soar high and touch the sky!!!
I wanna fly!!!

sfan5

GitHub: sfan5
IRC: sfan5

by sfan5 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:43

Copy the env_meta.txt from the world that works to the world folder of the one that does not work.
Mods: Mesecons | WorldEdit | Nuke
Minetest builds for Windows (32-bit & 64-bit)

Mihobre

by Mihobre » Mon Apr 07, 2014 13:06

sfan5 wrote:Copy the env_meta.txt from the world that works to the world folder of the one that does not work.

Ok, it worked. Thanks!
I wanna fly!!!
I wanna fly!!!

Mihobre

by Mihobre » Tue Apr 08, 2014 09:07

Wait, another bug showed up. Whenever I try to play after doing the steps mentioned above, while I'm playing the game hangs and says:
Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
16:53:03: ERROR[main]: ----
16:53:03: ERROR[main]: "Invalid block data in database"
16:53:03: ERROR[main]: See debug.txt.
16:53:03: ERROR[main]: You can ignore this using [ignore_world_load_errors = true].
zerr: invalid or incomplete deflate data
16:53:03: ERROR[EmergeThread0]: Invalid block data in database (-7,1,-5) (SerializationError): decompressZlib: inflate failed
[pureluaentity] Saving DB...
[pureluaentity] Saved 0 entities.
zerr: invalid or incomplete deflate data
16:53:03: ERROR[EmergeThread0]: Invalid block data in database (-7,1,-5) (SerializationError): decompressZlib: inflate failed
16:54:13: INFO: event_handler(): Ctrl+C, Close Event, Logoff Event or Shutdown Event, shutting down.
I've tried using [ignore_world_load_errors = true] but the mountaintop I flattened regenerates and the first floor of my housed gets destroyed and flooded by dirt. Plus, all other changes I made around the house resets, making the blocks on the ground get replaced by dirt. I've put too much effort on the house but it just keeps getting destroyed. T_T What do I do?
I wanna fly!!!
I wanna fly!!!

Krock

GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:28

Mihobre wrote:.. but the mountaintop I flattened regenerates and the first floor of my housed gets destroyed and flooded by dirt. Plus, all other changes I made around the house resets, making the blocks on the ground get replaced by dirt. I've put too much effort on the house but it just keeps getting destroyed. T_T What do I do?

I know that fail where areas get "marked" as not generated. The mapgen generates them again and overrides all changes on it. Sorry dude, you must start a new world, that one is corrupted.
Newest Win32 builds - Find a mod - All my mods
ALL YOUR DONATION ARE BELONG TO PARAMAT (Please support him and Minetest)
New DuckDuckGo !bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

Mihobre

by Mihobre » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:41

Krock wrote:I know that fail where areas get "marked" as not generated. The mapgen generates them again and overrides all changes on it. Sorry dude, you must start a new world, that one is corrupted.

Ok, thanks. (deep and heavy sigh...(Deeper than the deepest ocean, heavier then mercury or everything combined)) I'll just make a new one. :) There are bigger problems than this, right? (teary eyes) (sob) (sob)
I wanna fly!!!
I wanna fly!!!

sfan5

GitHub: sfan5
IRC: sfan5

by sfan5 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:46

Looks like your entire world was corrupted, maybe you didn't shut down Minetest or your laptop properly.
Mods: Mesecons | WorldEdit | Nuke
Minetest builds for Windows (32-bit & 64-bit)

Mihobre

by Mihobre » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:37

Actually, I dropped my laptop, which made it restart (I pity myself) (I'm so clumsy BTW). What I did after all the hanging and stuff, I put my player file and world map into a new folder to create a new world and all worked properly. After that, I logged off the game because I had to do some things. When I logged in, what I mentioned in my last post above happened again. :(
Last edited by Mihobre on Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:38, edited 1 time in total.
I wanna fly!!!
I wanna fly!!!

hoodedice

by hoodedice » Tue Apr 08, 2014 13:18

Mihobre wrote:Actually, I dropped my laptop, which made it restart (I pity myself) (I'm so clumsy BTW). What I did after all the hanging and stuff, I put my player file and world map into a new folder to create a new world and all worked properly. After that, I logged off the game because I had to do some things. When I logged in, what I mentioned in my last post above happened again. :(

Your Hard Drive may be corrupted. I suggest you run CheckDisk on it, if you are on Windows. To do that,

1. Open command prompt by typing cmd in run. If you are on Windows 8.1, right click the start button, and select Command Prompt (Admin)
2. Type CHKDSK /F
3. Wait for it.
4. Restart, then generate a new world and see if it corrupts.

If it still corrupts, try switching to sfan5's Windows builds. If it still corrupts, you may have to change your hard disk.
Last edited by hoodedice on Tue Apr 08, 2014 13:19, edited 1 time in total.
7:42 PM - Bauglio: I think if you go to staples you could steal firmware from a fax machine that would run better than win10 does on any platform
7:42 PM - Bauglio: so fudge the stable build
7:43 PM - Bauglio: get the staple build

Mihobre

by Mihobre » Tue Apr 08, 2014 13:48

I'm just a kid! :( And this laptop belongs to my father's office. All other worlds are fine, though. And a disk check already run recently. :) Thanks BTW.
I wanna fly!!!
I wanna fly!!!

Mihobre

by Mihobre » Tue Apr 08, 2014 14:19

I also want to point out that the bug happened before my laptop dropped tragically.
I wanna fly!!!
I wanna fly!!!

Krock

GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Tue Apr 08, 2014 14:44

Mihobre wrote:I'm just a kid! :( And this laptop belongs to my father's office. All other worlds are fine, though. And a disk check already run recently. :) Thanks BTW.

Then your father should look if the PC is working correctly.

Mihobre wrote:I also want to point out that the bug happened before my laptop dropped tragically.

I don't understand how that helps you now after it dropped.

Except you invent a time machine to travel back to the time where the laptop didn't drop, but then you didn't know of the time machine yet because you didn't have that situation of a dropped laptop<snip>
Newest Win32 builds - Find a mod - All my mods
ALL YOUR DONATION ARE BELONG TO PARAMAT (Please support him and Minetest)
New DuckDuckGo !bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

Mihobre

by Mihobre » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:54

Well pop's not really using this 'top, so he really doesn't know how it functions at a normal situation. But I feel the laptop's fine. I'll just pray that it really is.
I wanna fly!!!
I wanna fly!!!

hoodedice

by hoodedice » Wed Apr 09, 2014 17:03

Mihobre wrote:Well pop's not really using this 'top, so he really doesn't know how it functions at a normal situation. But I feel the laptop's fine. I'll just pray that it really is.

You really should run CHKDSK, just in case =/
7:42 PM - Bauglio: I think if you go to staples you could steal firmware from a fax machine that would run better than win10 does on any platform
7:42 PM - Bauglio: so fudge the stable build
7:43 PM - Bauglio: get the staple build

Mihobre

by Mihobre » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:17

Ok ^_^
I wanna fly!!!
I wanna fly!!!

Return to Minetest Problems