Apples not generating right

Soudon

In-game: Soudon

Apples not generating right

by Soudon » Wed Oct 21, 2015 02:34

Ok so recently I noticed that apples are not generating right before they "hung" by themselves now here lately they have been generating inside of the leaves. Makes them hard to see and only to get them is to destroy the leaves I just want them to hang by themselves again. also on version 0.4.13

paramat

GitHub: paramat

Re: Apples not generating right

by paramat » Wed Oct 21, 2015 04:23

Looking at the code. appletrees have been like this for a very long time.

jp

GitHub: kilbith

by jp » Wed Oct 21, 2015 09:48

Wake up, you're not using Minetest Game, but Minetest NeXt by BlockMen...

Dragonop

GitHub: Dragonop
IRC: Dragonop
In-game: Dragonop

by Dragonop » Wed Oct 21, 2015 14:35

Minetest NeXt wrote:- Apples are now generated in leaves

Minetestforfun

GitHub: Darcidride
IRC: Darcidride + MinetestForFun
In-game: Darcidride + MinetestForFun

by Minetestforfun » Wed Oct 21, 2015 14:53

Dartmouth

IRC: pilino1234

by Dartmouth » Wed Oct 21, 2015 15:00

Not necessarily, I just checked my tree farm (with regular minetest game) and managed to find one apple completely covered by leaves in roughly 15 apple trees. So it's quite unlikely, and digging one block of leaves isn't that much work :)
Besides, it's more realistic like this.

Ferk

GitHub: Ferk

by Ferk » Thu Oct 22, 2015 00:22

This doesn't look like Minetest Next leaves with apples.

In Minetest Next the apple is just a few pixels in the texture of the sides of the leaves, there's no actual apple entity inside and you see the same apple in the same position in each of the sides of the node. However in the screenshot from this post you can see there's actually an apple inside and it's not just the texture because the apple is in the corner, in between two sides of the cube.
{ ☠ Dungeontest ☠ , ᗧ••myarcade•• }

Soudon

by Soudon » Tue Oct 27, 2015 02:32

jp wrote:Wake up, you're not using Minetest Game, but Minetest NeXt by BlockMen...

Wide awake over here and nope not using minetest next I have minetest minmal, game and my custom one called survival+ no minetest next

programmingchicken

GitHub: ProgrammingChicken
IRC: gamer chicken
In-game: gamerdude

by programmingchicken » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:35

Soudon wrote:
jp wrote:Wake up, you're not using Minetest Game, but Minetest NeXt by BlockMen...

Wide awake over here and nope not using minetest next I have minetest minmal, game and my custom one called survival+ no minetest next

then this is a survival+ world, right?
I'm bold. I'm sarcastic. I'm PChicken.

Soudon

by Soudon » Tue Oct 27, 2015 14:59

Correct but based from minetest_game just threw a few survival mods in and renamed it.

But apples are not a big deal, really wanted to know if its a glitch or not thats all.

BlockMen

GitHub: BlockMen

by BlockMen » Tue Oct 27, 2015 15:49

Soudon wrote:Correct but based from minetest_game just threw a few survival mods in and renamed it.

But apples are not a big deal, really wanted to know if its a glitch or not thats all.

Wrong. Just looked at your Game "Survival +", you took default (or at least parts of it) from Minetest NeXt, including the change of apples being generated inside the leaves.

Also your Readme.txt of the game states it is licensed under LGPL 2.1, while Minetest NeXt is licensed under GPL 3.0. So what you are doing now is not allowed. Either remove the code of Minetest NeXt OR state clearly that not all parts of the game are licensed under LGPL 2.1 OR relicense it under GPL 3.0 or a GPL 3.0 compatible license.

Soudon

by Soudon » Tue Oct 27, 2015 15:54

Ok now that I am behind my PC again and its easier to type then with my phone.

I apologize I really wasn't trying to claim something as my own and I honestly forgot about using part of minetest next, I remember which part it is I used the part for the inventory cause I liked the default look but with the additional slots for armor that is the part I used, If I used anymore that was unintentional.

I did state I threw mods in and renamed the minetest_game folder, never claimed I made the mods.

But I will go read up on the licensing and see about relicensing it as you suggested.

Again I apologize and just flat out forgot about using that part of next.
Last edited by Soudon on Tue Oct 27, 2015 16:08, edited 1 time in total.

BlockMen

by BlockMen » Tue Oct 27, 2015 16:06

Soudon wrote:Ill do one better and just delete the download link

Well, ofc you can "run away". Better alternative would be learning to deal with licenses respectively respect them ;)

Soudon

by Soudon » Tue Oct 27, 2015 16:09

BlockMen wrote:

Well, ofc you can "run away". Better alternative would be learning to deal with licenses respectively respect them ;)

lol I edited the post you quoted and submitted just after you but I did say I'm going to read up on licensing and see what I can do just for now the link is removed.

Soudon

by Soudon » Tue Oct 27, 2015 16:21

BlockMen wrote:

went here http://www.gnu.org/licenses

was reading but to me its all a different language, short and simple what must I do to make it ok to post the subgame, I suck at writing mods but I'm ok at editing the code to make it different and more to my liking. I know minetest next is your game Blockmen, I don't want step on any toes and really would like to learn how to license things properly so how exactly do I relicense it.

Either explain it help me understand or point me to website that explains it in dummy proof language lol.

Soudon

by Soudon » Tue Oct 27, 2015 16:35

BlockMen wrote:
Soudon wrote:Correct but based from minetest_game just threw a few survival mods in and renamed it.

Wrong. Just looked at your Game "Survival +", you took default (or at least parts of it) from Minetest NeXt, including the change of apples being generated inside the leaves.

Also your Readme.txt of the game states it is licensed under LGPL 2.1, while Minetest NeXt is licensed under GPL 3.0. So what you are doing now is not allowed. Either remove the code of Minetest NeXt OR state clearly that not all parts of the game are licensed under LGPL 2.1 OR relicense it under GPL 3.0 or a GPL 3.0 compatible license.

Ok blockmen take a look see if I did this correctly I feel like I did but I want to be 100% this is right.

Readme.txt
+ Spoiler

BlockMen

by BlockMen » Tue Oct 27, 2015 22:41

Seems to be all correct now, since all different licenses I found are compatible with GPL 3.0.
I would add a notice that not all mods are licensed as GPL 3.0 (e.g. survival) though, but you don't have to.

Soudon

by Soudon » Tue Oct 27, 2015 23:35

BlockMen wrote:Seems to be all correct now, since all different licenses I found are compatible with GPL 3.0.
I would add a notice that not all mods are licensed as GPL 3.0 (e.g. survival) though, but you don't have to.

Awesome glad I was able to figure it out and I take it in the readme I just add a line about not all mods are GPL3.0.

Ferk

by Ferk » Tue Oct 27, 2015 23:37

If these are really the apple leaves from Minetest next I'm surprised. At least the last time I tired it they didn't look this much as actual apple inside leaves, were they improved? Is an entity spawned inside the node or how?

Napiophelios

GitHub: Napiophelios
IRC: Nappi
In-game: Nappi

by Napiophelios » Tue Oct 27, 2015 23:44

I get apples inside leaves In Minetest,
but they are just nodes surrounded by leaves
00001.png
00001.png (108.87 KiB) Viewed 1699 times

Soudon

by Soudon » Tue Oct 27, 2015 23:49

Napiophelios wrote:I get apples inside leaves In Minetest,
but they are just nodes surrounded by leaves
00001.png

yea same here its not a big deal for me as i also have the timber mod so they all fall to the ground.

firefox

In-game: Red_Fox

by firefox » Wed Oct 28, 2015 08:43

maybe it's an illusion created by the drawtype of the leaves.
after all they are partially transparent and it looks like they use a drawtype similar to glass.

recently i made experiments with transparent ice and glaciers and it happenend that i could see through the glacier as if i had noclip enabled.

Ferk

by Ferk » Wed Oct 28, 2015 08:53

Ah no, seems like it's a mesh (except if waving leaves are enabled, maybe that's why I didn't see them)

Also it has different groups (will not show up in creative inventory) in that case. And I remember it did when I checked it out last time.. why should the graphical settings affect the creative inventory? I assume it's a bug.

I thought that things like shaders and waving leaves were set client-side. I guess being able to check the settings like this means they are not. Does this mean every server enforces even the graphical configuration on the clients? I guess this would mean that probably every server has to turn off all the effects to reach the minimum denominator.

BlockMen

by BlockMen » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:22

I thought that things like shaders and waving leaves were set client-side.

You are right, they are. It was actually more a try to allow waving when playing singleplayer, but it not that nice, visually and in general.

So some thoughts on this would be welcome, since im not that happy that meshes (or regular apples) are not able to wave in the same way as leaves.

Return to Minetest Problems