Forum website/host problem

slopsbucket

Forum website/host problem

by slopsbucket » Tue Jun 30, 2015 01:42

A note for the forum mods/devs: there's some serious issues with your server/host that you should look at. At first I was blaming my service provider when I couldn't upload to your site but after many hours of trying I had a go at using one of those free file hosts and my 7.5 Mb file posted in under a minute.

The most common error that keeps occurring is "Secure connection failed: data authentication error. Report this error to the website administrator." but sometimes it would just hang for ever doing nothing.

Also, when you click on the FAQ's link at the top of the page you get a 403 Forbidden error.

Cheers,

Andrew.

Krock

GitHub: SmallJoker

Re: Forum website/host problem

by Krock » Tue Jun 30, 2015 07:11

I think the reason for your upload problem is that these forums are not a file hoster.
Dropbox, Mediafire and other services also give you an overview and an easy management for your uploads.
Newest Win32 builds - Find a mod - All my mods
ALL YOUR DONATION ARE BELONG TO PARAMAT (Please support him and Minetest)
New DuckDuckGo !bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

slopsbucket

Re: Forum website/host problem

by slopsbucket » Tue Jun 30, 2015 08:27

Thanks Krock.

these forums are not a file hoster

I understand, but I thought Celeron55 might want to know about the problem. My pictures did upload OK but I do use the Gimp and make them small files. I was more surprised at not getting a rejection message from the server, just nothing or an authentication error, no rejection of a large file or wrong format.

I personally don't have a problem, my file is hosted and posted, I was just trying to help.

Cheers,

Andrew.

Return to Minetest Problems