Minetest will not load on android

Mainpage

GitHub: mainfolio
IRC: mainpage
In-game: mainpage

Minetest will not load on android

by Mainpage » Mon Jun 13, 2016 23:03

As the title says minetest will not load, the yellow bar goes across and then I get a gray screen. I'm using the dev version built from git by me this morning, I could this is a mistake on my behalf do to the fact that I also had the same problem with wayward one's builds. I think this is a problem of comparability with my tab. I'm I have a lenovo 2 A 10 running 5.01 (Android of course). I have a 1.7 GHZ processor and 2 GB of RAM. I would have done something on github but have no idea how that works so I just asked here. Anyways thanks for the help.
Edit: fixed grammer
I eat baby seals

est31

Re: Minetest will not load on android

by est31 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:51

Can you look into the logcat?

Just saying this to everybody asking for android build help: if you build minetest in order to re-brand it and put it onto the play store, you must follow the LGPL license, including having you to open source the engine part (mods are unaffected).

Daedric

In-game: LoLa

by Daedric » Thu Jun 16, 2016 04:46

Or you can just download one of the many Android versions found in play store.

MineYoshi

GitHub: MineYosh
IRC: MineYoshi
In-game: Kirby_Retro

by MineYoshi » Thu Jun 16, 2016 23:21

Daedric wrote:Or you can just download one of the many Android versions found in play store.

Which normally are laggy and have excessive adware and viruses...
Better download the official one from F-Droid!
In Play Store there are many unofficial (and illegally) "Minetests" because the simply fact that Minetest is free and open...
People talk about freedom of speech, so i'll say that God exists.
Open your eyes!! See The big unicorn conspiracy.!! :D The government has been lying to us about unicorns!!
"I've learned there are three things you don't discuss with people: religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin" - Linus Van Pelt
I'm the Officially 1st ABJist in the world ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Daedric

In-game: LoLa

by Daedric » Fri Jun 17, 2016 05:18

MineYoshi wrote:
Daedric wrote:Or you can just download one of the many Android versions found in play store.

Which normally are laggy and have excessive adware and viruses...
Better download the official one from F-Droid!
In Play Store there are many unofficial (and illegally) "Minetests" because the simply fact that Minetest is free and open...

Yeah , F-Droid is definitely better, I agree.

Mainpage

GitHub: mainfolio
IRC: mainpage
In-game: mainpage

by Mainpage » Fri Jun 17, 2016 21:11

I figured out that I had to delete my minetest folder then installed my own build. The wiki doesn't say how to build the apk with the minetest_game, so I copy and pasted it from my Ubuntu laptop into the proper folder on my tab. Then I could generate a world and it would load and was great for two seconds. Then it printed a whole bunch of error messages which I'll post later. I think it may be the fact that I didn't build my apk with minetest_game or whatever it's called.
Edit: I found that when I built it I didn't have minetest_game cloned, I'll clone it and re-build.
I eat baby seals

Return to Minetest Problems