Chat bug? 0.4.14

MykieDoesStuff

In-game: MykieDoesStuff

Chat bug? 0.4.14

by MykieDoesStuff » Thu Jun 16, 2016 15:31

If I press "T" this brings up the command console?

And if I press "/" same thing.

Did they change the chat to command console or something?

Using Windows 10.

Minetest 0.4.14, 64 Bit.

AND I did check the key settings...
For fast response... send me a PM

kaeza

GitHub: kaeza
IRC: kaeza diemartin blaaaaargh
In-game: kaeza

Re: Chat bug? 0.4.14

by kaeza » Thu Jun 16, 2016 16:51

It was changed in the new version(?). The chat console has input history (press up or down to recall messages), while the old 'T' chat dialog didn't.

If you use 'T' (or '/'), only a small console is opened, enough to see some backlog. If you press F10, it will open the full console.

(BTW, the '/' key is for convenience: it opens the console *and* types '/', ready to take chat commands)
Your signature is not the place for a blog post. Please keep it as concise as possible. Thank you!

Check out my stuff! | Donations greatly appreciated! PayPal | BTC: 1DFZAa5VtNG7Levux4oP6BuUzr1e83pJK2

MykieDoesStuff

In-game: MykieDoesStuff

Re: Chat bug? 0.4.14

by MykieDoesStuff » Thu Jun 16, 2016 17:31

kaeza wrote:It was changed in the new version(?). The chat console has input history (press up or down to recall messages), while the old 'T' chat dialog didn't.

If you use 'T' (or '/'), only a small console is opened, enough to see some backlog. If you press F10, it will open the full console.

(BTW, the '/' key is for convenience: it opens the console *and* types '/', ready to take chat commands)

Oh I didn't know that. I'm just an old Minetest player who just got back a day ago. Well.. looks like something I'm going to get used to. I do think that the chat system could be worked on... make it better in some ways..
For fast response... send me a PM

Return to Minetest Problems