how do I play MineTest after the download?

BlueTangs Rock

how do I play MineTest after the download?

by BlueTangs Rock » Sun Jul 10, 2016 05:19

I use a Windows 10 laptop, I'm having trouble even opening the application, the tutorial wasn't enough! Please Help! :o
(Also hi guys! :D I'm new to the forums! :) )

rubenwardy

GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

Re: how do I play MineTest after the download?

by rubenwardy » Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:14

If you used the installer, you'll be able to find minetest in the start menu under M

BlueTangs Rock

by BlueTangs Rock » Sun Jul 10, 2016 17:58

It's still confusing, I have a picture of my problem, just I don't know how to post it on the forum.the problem is some code of some type is missing, so I can't even start the application,and it tells me to install it,but I re-download it,and it's the SAME problem!

twoelk

by twoelk » Sun Jul 10, 2016 18:58

• what have you downloaded from where?
    for example: officiall build from homepage, Windows installer version, dev build from Krock or sfan5? ...
  • what is missing?
    for example: some init.lua, a grafics driver on your system, something Irrlicht needs ...
  • do you have the correct permission on your system for the folder you want to start the programm in?

you can show images by uploading the pic to some place like imgur and then using the img tags to include it in your post
Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
[img]some url[/img]

or you use the "upload attachement" function of the forum and then include the url of the uploadewd attachement in the img tags

more information to formating your post may be found in the BBCode link to the left of the post editing window.

If you find an interesting feature in somebodys post you can press the "quote" button to study the code and then use the back function of your browser to cancel the action or back out some other way.

Use the "POSTREPLY" button rather than "quick reply" to have more tools

BlueTangs Rock

by BlueTangs Rock » Sun Jul 10, 2016 19:46

OK,the problem is fixed now,thanks! :) now if only I can find out how to fly on MineTest in my creative mode world...

solars

by solars » Sun Jul 10, 2016 20:28

Add ",fly,noclip" to your user (for example 'singleplayer') at the file "auth.txt" of your map.
Then you can aktivate the fly modus with 'k'. The Shift and Space Key are down and up. With 'h' you set if you can fly throu walls or not.

How did you fix the problem?
Dinnae bother wi mah poor english, but hae a keek at th' pics 'o mah pure dead brilliant map Karsthafen:
English thread: [Map] Karsthafen
German thread: [Map] Karsthafen - Diskussionsthread

BlueTangs Rock

by BlueTangs Rock » Sun Jul 10, 2016 21:18

I exctacted and ran it.and then a security pop up message appeared,and then I was able to play the game,and I spotted a few glitches,having trouble jumping,not able to fly,and I'm not able to connect to Multiplayer Servers.

lisacvuk

GitHub: lisacvuk
IRC: lisac
In-game: lisacvuk

Re:

by lisacvuk » Sun Aug 07, 2016 19:38

solars wrote:Add ",fly,noclip" to your user (for example 'singleplayer') at the file "auth.txt" of your map.

Easier and better way is to type
Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
/grant singleplayer fly
/grant singleplayer noclip

On ingame chat.
400 character limit? Am I writing a book?
I'm a Minetest player, 'learning' C++ and OpenGL, listening to Blind Guardian, Nightwish, Amon Amarth. Administrator on Craig's server. Likes cookies.
I live in Serbia.

MineYoshi

GitHub: MineYosh
IRC: MineYoshi
In-game: Kirby_Retro

Re: Re:

by MineYoshi » Sun Aug 07, 2016 20:11

lisacvuk wrote:
solars wrote:Add ",fly,noclip" to your user (for example 'singleplayer') at the file "auth.txt" of your map.

Easier and better way is to type
/grant singleplayer fly
/grant singleplayer noclip

On ingame chat.

That's a more easy way to have fly, but i don't know why noclip if what he needs is fly!!
BlueTangs Rock wrote:I exctacted and ran it.and then a security pop up message appeared,and then I was able to play the game,and I spotted a few glitches,having trouble jumping,not able to fly,and I'm not able to connect to Multiplayer Servers.

This isn't a virus, try making the virus don't detect that, also enable minetest to pass thru the firewall, then you can connect to a server...
People talk about freedom of speech, so i'll say that God exists.
Open your eyes!! See The big unicorn conspiracy.!! :D The government has been lying to us about unicorns!!
"I've learned there are three things you don't discuss with people: religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin" - Linus Van Pelt
I'm the Officially 1st ABJist in the world ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

kaadmy

GitHub: kaadmy
IRC: KaadmY
In-game: KaadmY kaadmy NeD

by kaadmy » Mon Aug 08, 2016 13:54

@BlueTangRocks: what version of Minetest are you playing? The version number should be in the upper-left corner of the screen all the time.
Never paint white stripes on roads near Zebra crossings.

Calinou

GitHub: Calinou
IRC: Calinou
In-game: Calinou

by Calinou » Mon Aug 08, 2016 17:24

kaadmy wrote:@BlueTangRocks: what version of Minetest are you playing? The version number should be in the upper-left corner of the screen all the time.

The latest development versions of Minetest no longer have the version watermark in the upper-left corner. In this case, you have to press F5 to see the version of Minetest you're running.

BlueTangs Rock

by BlueTangs Rock » Sat Aug 13, 2016 02:38

Calinou wrote:
The latest development versions of Minetest no longer have the version watermark in the upper-left corner. In this case, you have to press F5 to see the version of Minetest you're running.

What is there 0.4.15 now?

lisacvuk

GitHub: lisacvuk
IRC: lisac
In-game: lisacvuk

by lisacvuk » Sat Aug 13, 2016 09:12

0.4.14-dev versions.
400 character limit? Am I writing a book?
I'm a Minetest player, 'learning' C++ and OpenGL, listening to Blind Guardian, Nightwish, Amon Amarth. Administrator on Craig's server. Likes cookies.
I live in Serbia.

Krock

GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:33

BlueTangs Rock wrote:What is there 0.4.15 now?

In between two releases is always a version called "-dev" (In Development) and contains the changes of the current development progress. If you're aware of the changes since 0.4.14, then you might want to try an indev version, builds here. The differences to the latest stable are small, so better start playing with the stable version.
Newest Win32 builds - Find a mod - All my mods
ALL YOUR DONATION ARE BELONG TO PARAMAT (Please support him and Minetest)
New DuckDuckGo !bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

BlueTangs Rock

by BlueTangs Rock » Tue Oct 25, 2016 22:39

Well,now I got a computer virus that got rid of my sound,doesn't let me view videos,and almost always doesn't let me open MineTest,and when it does,there's absolutely no sound!

SegFault22

by SegFault22 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 05:42

Try a linux-based OS; Windows is very insecure, and as a result there are many viruses made for it; Linux is a lot more difficult to infect, unless you do something wrong and create a vulnerability. Of course, there are some viruses for Linux systems, but they generally require that the user gives permission for them to run, either intentionally or by accident - an example would be a program displaying a fake password authentication window, to steal your password and run whatever code as root.

BlueTangs Rock

by BlueTangs Rock » Fri Nov 11, 2016 23:30

BlueTangs Rock wrote:Well,now I got a computer virus that got rid of my sound,doesn't let me view videos,and almost always doesn't let me open MineTest,and when it does,there's absolutely no sound!
I fixed the problem,it was from an outside app. But there's still some glitches that would make me jump infinitely,walk infinitely,or just playing the stepping sound of the block I'm standing on in an infinite loop. How do I fix this?

Return to Minetest Problems