Unable to make server public

zorman2000

GitHub: hkzorman
In-game: zorman2000

Unable to make server public

by zorman2000 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:03

Hello all,

I'm having an issue with Minetest running on ArchLinux. I'm using the official version, 4.14, and recently also tried the build 0.4.14-dev-cc0b3c1-dirty (Linux). I'm trying to make a public server but I get this:
Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
2016-09-29 07:43:45: ACTION[Server]: Announcing to servers.minetest.net

And nothing else happens. Then when I close, I get this message:
Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
2016-09-29 07:54:13: ERROR[CurlFetch]: servers.minetest.net/announce not found (HTTP response code said error) (response code 500)

Any ideas? I checked the log and can't find more errors. The worst part is... it works on Windows...

Thanks!

MineYoshi

GitHub: MineYosh
IRC: MineYoshi
In-game: Kirby_Retro

Re: Unable to make server public

by MineYoshi » Fri Sep 30, 2016 20:41

zorman2000 wrote:And nothing else happens. Then when I close, I get this message:
2016-09-29 07:54:13: ERROR[CurlFetch]: servers.minetest.net/announce not found (HTTP response code said error) (response code 500)

Welp, that means (Generally) that is from the server-side, and the user (in this case, You) doesn't have any fault... Try with another build, maybe this one has some issue about connecting and changing for another one may solve the problem.
People talk about freedom of speech, so i'll say that God exists.
Open your eyes!! See The big unicorn conspiracy.!! :D The government has been lying to us about unicorns!!
"I've learned there are three things you don't discuss with people: religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin" - Linus Van Pelt
I'm the Officially 1st ABJist in the world ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Return to Minetest Problems