Image, but no image?

sorcerykid

In-game: Nemo

Image, but no image?

by sorcerykid » Sat Nov 26, 2016 17:40

Why are there so many posts around these forums that have a placeholder text of "Image", yet there is no image shown (at least not that I can see)? Here are a couple examples with highlighting:

I'm sure there's a straightforward answer, so if anyone could please enlighten me it'd be appreciated :)

ExeterDad

In-game: ExeterDad

Re: Image, but no image?

by ExeterDad » Sat Nov 26, 2016 20:10

I'm guessing it's your browsers placeholder for a image it can not retrieve from the image hosting server for whatever reason?
I use Chrome and missing images show up as a sort of icon and the word "Image" right next to it.
I went to your example thread and quoted the post so I could see the bb code that placed the image. It's linked to imageshack and appears to be removed or invalid.
٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶

Kibbie and I have a beautiful public server now! HOMETOWN

MineYoshi

GitHub: MineYosh
IRC: MineYoshi
In-game: Kirby_Retro

Re: Image, but no image?

by MineYoshi » Sat Nov 26, 2016 22:14

ExeterDad wrote:I'm guessing it's your browsers placeholder for a image it can not retrieve from the image hosting server for whatever reason?
I use Chrome and missing images show up as a sort of icon and the word "Image" right next to it.
I went to your example thread and quoted the post so I could see the bb code that placed the image. It's linked to imageshack and appears to be removed or invalid.

Some browsers can't support certain image formats (likely webp). Or justly because the link where you see the image, but not the link where really is the image that ends with ".format-of-image".
People talk about freedom of speech, so i'll say that God exists.
Open your eyes!! See The big unicorn conspiracy.!! :D The government has been lying to us about unicorns!!
"I've learned there are three things you don't discuss with people: religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin" - Linus Van Pelt
I'm the Officially 1st ABJist in the world ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Return to Minetest Problems