LOST COORDINATES

alucard112

GitHub: thepolice
IRC: thepolice
In-game: alucard321

LOST COORDINATES

by alucard112 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 16:36

For 4 months I built some structures on a public server in 2 different places in the world and connect them with a teleporter that worked properly, stop playing for a month. Yesterday I connected to the server again and the teleporter did not work and did not keep coordinates of the other site and now I do not know where it is .... and I need to find it I would appreciate your help. Thanks
"Ask about Illuminaty"☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻

MineYoshi

GitHub: MineYosh
IRC: MineYoshi
In-game: Kirby_Retro

Re: LOST COORDINATES

by MineYoshi » Wed Jan 04, 2017 19:41

alucard112 wrote:For 4 months I built some structures on a public server in 2 different places in the world and connect them with a teleporter that worked properly, stop playing for a month. Yesterday I connected to the server again and the teleporter did not work and did not keep coordinates of the other site and now I do not know where it is .... and I need to find it I would appreciate your help. Thanks

Maybe they erased it! Also sometimes some data is lost in the servers... Maybe you should try to contact the admin to help ya' with finding that building!
People talk about freedom of speech, so i'll say that God exists.
Open your eyes!! See The big unicorn conspiracy.!! :D The government has been lying to us about unicorns!!
"I've learned there are three things you don't discuss with people: religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin" - Linus Van Pelt
I'm the Officially 1st ABJist in the world ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

alucard112

GitHub: thepolice
IRC: thepolice
In-game: alucard321

by alucard112 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 00:14

MineYoshi wrote:
alucard112 wrote:For 4 months I built some structures on a public server in 2 different places in the world and connect them with a teleporter that worked properly, stop playing for a month. Yesterday I connected to the server again and the teleporter did not work and did not keep coordinates of the other site and now I do not know where it is .... and I need to find it I would appreciate your help. Thanks

Maybe they erased it! Also sometimes some data is lost in the servers... Maybe you should try to contact the admin to help ya' with finding that building!

Ahhh! thanks. but no exist a form to view the server debug to find the coordinates??
"Ask about Illuminaty"☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻

Gael de Sailly

GitHub: Gael-de-Sailly
IRC: Gael-de-Sailly
In-game: Gael-de-Sailly

by Gael de Sailly » Sat Jan 07, 2017 13:17

You can display the minimap (F9), and increase the viewing range (key "+"), that may help :)
On which server do you play? Some servers have an online map of the world, that can be found on the server's website.

EDIT: another option: if this server has the marker mod installed and if you have protected an area, you can use the boundary marker stone to see a list of your areas.
Very busy this year too, so do not expect me to be very active on the forum or in game. But I'm not about to drop Minetest forever :)

Sergey

by Sergey » Sat Jan 21, 2017 15:28

Try to make world map with minetestmapper [http://wiki.minetest.net/Minetestmapper]
Maybe you can find your structures from above.

Don't forget to add --drawscale to your command line.

P.S. I write coordinates of all interesting places in my local text file.

Return to Minetest Problems