minetest-0.2.20110801-win32 mapgen bug photoreview

Fixerol

IRC: Fixer
In-game: Fixer

minetest-0.2.20110801-win32 mapgen bug photoreview

by Fixerol » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:57

Square in the water. If you diving thru it underwater - illumination changes for some time:

Strange underwater water behaviour:

Tree problems:

Flying blocks:

MOD search | Posting bugs\requests\code | Dev wiki | Modding book | Bisecting a bug | Anti-jitter (merged in 0.4.15-dev) | MT 0.4.15 nonluajit by sfan5
GDB: 1) compile mt with -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug 2) run in console: gdb path_to_minetest_binary; then in gdb: set logging file gdb.txt; set logging on; run; when crash: thread apply all bt full (or without full)

No-Half-Measures

by No-Half-Measures » Wed Aug 03, 2011 16:14

The Flying Islands Make it More of a interesting landscape.

Yes the Treegen is a little buggy at the moment and I believe the reason for this is because the Chunk generation is sometimes quicker than that of the TreeMake/Gen part of the Generation thus leading to Badly generated trees.

Think of the Water bugs as Air Pockets, Admittedly in the real world half these air pockets would empty out.
Maybe a Feature to MapGen need to be added were it checks each water source for Air spaces below it and to its north east south and west face for air and if there is then it will make the water flow.

As for the 'Square in the water. If you diving thru it underwater - illumination changes for some time:'

I am unable to look at it closer as the host you have used for these images seems to be under heavy load thus leading to very slow image loading, unless its just me but everything seems fine net wise atm for me.

ntpspe

by ntpspe » Thu Aug 04, 2011 13:27

I've seen a load of underwater bubbles... fell through one the other day down into a huge cavern ¬_¬

Return to Minetest Problems