No user input text in client login

wwehbkdx

No user input text in client login

by wwehbkdx » Wed Aug 29, 2012 21:06

When I load Minetest I am presented with the basic login screen. However when I try to type my username, created at gameboom.net, I do not see text being written. The cursor moves as if text is being input but is not displayed. When I type my password into that field I DO see the circular white dots. The same thing happens in the Server field, I do not see the typed input when trying to enter gameboom's server address, however the port field displays 30000 in small white lettering. All 4 input fields contain a grey background. When I try to connect after inputing all information into required fields, even though those two fields can not be seen, and try to connect I get "Access Denied: Reason, empty name" error and then end up back at the client/server initial load screen.

System this is being run on is an Imac G3 with Lubuntu 12.04 precisepangolin release. I've added the repository, through terminal and updated, then installed through synaptics package manager. Any assistance figuring out why these fields are not appearing/populating would be greatly appreciated.

Calinou

GitHub: Calinou
IRC: Calinou
In-game: Calinou

by Calinou » Thu Aug 30, 2012 05:07

Try self-compiling the game instead (plus, this will get you the latest version of the game - the version in the 12.04 repos is quite outdated): https://github.com/celeron55/minetest/blob/master/README.txt

wwehbkdx

by wwehbkdx » Sat Sep 08, 2012 18:39

Okay, so I compiled it and only a few things have changed from the original problem. Now when I launch the game I have the multiple tabs at the top, however the problem is still the same. When I try to type anything into username or server fields it comes up as blank characters. However password field shows the circular white dots and port displays the numerical port number in the same small white text. I also tried changing my OS theme hoping that a differant font/color would fix the issue however even changing theme's I get the same white dots/numerical text and nothing but blank spaces in the username/server fields.

Topywo

by Topywo » Sat Sep 08, 2012 19:00

This looks like a related problem. Maybe it helps you:

http://minetest.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2940

The best of luck with it!

Return to Minetest Problems