Wiki is still down

rarkenin

Wiki is still down

by rarkenin » Sat Jan 19, 2013 14:44

http://wiki.minetest.net/ is still down after the server move. Is the DB still missing, along with all the files?
Admin pro tempore on 0gb.us:30000. Ask me if you have a problem, or just want help.
This is a signature virus. Add me to your signature so that I can multiply.
Now working on my own clone, Mosstest.
I guess I'm back for some time.

Obiewan1111

by Obiewan1111 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 15:07

Restoring something which is fully functional is somewhat impossible.. I used the link from "minetest.net" and got straight to the wiki page in a matter of seconds, I also browsed around for a few minutes. So before you post idiotic posts much like this, think, check and then double check.

http://wiki.minetest.com/wiki/Minetest_Wiki
Youtube Channel; Minetest Gaming Videos

Is suggesting the Offtopic Section and getting it added an achievement? I guess it is!

Topywo

by Topywo » Sat Jan 19, 2013 16:08

Although I myself try to think, check and doublecheck, I don't agree with your statement Obiewan, not only because I make enough mistakes letting me ask idiotic questions. I also think everyone should ask when he/she has a question, even though the answer is obvious for some others. You can always ignore 'idiotic' questions.

I guess with the first part of your post you very well helped rarkenin and others who didn't want/dare to ask.

rarkenin

by rarkenin » Sat Jan 19, 2013 18:49

Obiewan1111 wrote:Restoring something which is fully functional is somewhat impossible.. I used the link from "minetest.net" and got straight to the wiki page in a matter of seconds, I also browsed around for a few minutes. So before you post idiotic posts much like this, think, check and then double check.

http://wiki.minetest.com/wiki/Minetest_Wiki

Accessing wiki.minetest.net previously didn't feed a default page notice. Calling this idiotic is a bit of an overstatement, considering that this functionality has:

• Been working previously
  • The root directory of a subdomain hosting only one resource generally redirects to that resource.

In any case, the .htaccess rules for this redirection should be restored.
Last edited by rarkenin on Sat Jan 19, 2013 18:49, edited 1 time in total.
Admin pro tempore on 0gb.us:30000. Ask me if you have a problem, or just want help.

Obiewan1111

by Obiewan1111 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 19:54

I've just noticed the problem that you faced. It's .com not .net. Which, I agree is somewhat confusing considering that all the other minetest pages are usually .net.
Youtube Channel; Minetest Gaming Videos

Is suggesting the Offtopic Section and getting it added an achievement? I guess it is!

rarkenin

by rarkenin » Sat Jan 19, 2013 20:01

Obiewan1111 wrote:I've just noticed the problem that you faced. It's .com not .net. Which, I agree is somewhat confusing considering that all the other minetest pages are usually .net.

Hasn't it worked previously using .net?

Anyway, since the subdomain is already there, there should be a redirect.

Return to Minetest Problems